Screwed by Frontier Internet...

6BangBronk

I'll throw it out there to protect anybody else...

TWC went up on cable/internet rates as expected at end of my contract. I made mistake of calling and talking to billing department that had absolutely no sympathy. Should have just talked to sales for they started calling me every day with offers... But I saw a sign at end of road "Frontier" thought I'd call. Too unreal of a deal...

$78/month Internet and land line phone bundled with "DISH" satellite. Sure! Sign me up!

Having absolutely no idea, Direct TV shows up and installs my satellite, not Dish??? Oh well, then came first bill...

Frontier evidently transferred me to a 3'rd party during our conversation and I was not aware. "Red Ventures" in Charlotte signed my up with Direct TV where as Frontier has nothing to do with D-TV. So I was stuck in a 2 year contract with DTV for $54 a month along with Frontier for $64.96.

I called and raised pure he!! for a solid hour... Frontier offered to discount my install and was able to drop my land line phone to get JUST my internet down to $34.99 where as TWC is $19.99 all day long??? I am in no contract with Frontier but stuck for 2 years with Direct now. I told Frontier where they could stick their internet... But they said they had no idea why RV signed me up with Direct instead and said there was nothing they could do?

Now tell me Frontier ain't got anything to do with Direct TV???

I think ALL cable and internet companies (what very few we have to choose from) are pieces of shtt...

People still have cable?

Huh.

People still have cable?

Huh.

I want to ditch it so badly, but with the Panthers and Hurricanes I haven't found a way out yet short of streaming over the net (which SUCKS). That and I really like HBO, but come 2015 they will offer an online streaming only deal so there is that.

I have Centurylink right now which includes internet and DirecTV...at 199 a MONTH. I am sick of it, but I just don't know where else to turn.

I have friends that ditched cable. I've been seeing a lot more of a couple of them since then. They're coming to watch football at my house. Not sure what's gonna happen come college basketball season as we don't see eye to eye on that, lol. I'd love to ditch cable, we don't watch much tv as is. We mainly watch sports, football through hockey season and haven't figured that out yet either.

Just cancel it. You'll be amazed at how much free time you have afterward.

Just cancel it. You'll be amazed at how much free time you have afterward.

Or How much more time you'll spend on here o_O

Haven't had cable for 2 years and don't miss it a bit . If i want to watch TV i use Roku/Netflix. I pay $32 a month for charter internet.

Same here I pay $32 a month for charter internet & we watch Netflix on the home theater through my PS3.

I ditched TWC and am very glad I did. I had 3 rate increases in 6 months. I have directv ($46/mo), AT&T internet($30/mo), and netfilix. As soon as my Directv contract is up, I'm done with them. I will pick up an antenna for the attic and I may do hulu plus because they carry a show my wife likes. $8>$46. AT&T had fiber at my old house, but not at my current house. Their fiber was awesome, but I haven't been very impressed with whatever junk they've got me hooked up to now.

To the OP: It doesn't seem right that they could transfer you to a 3rd party without your knowledge, but I don't know what legal recourse you have. I'm guessing you would have to lawyer-up to fight it.

Haven't had real cable TV in probably 4-5 years now, maybe longer. I just get upgraded internet from TWC (They can still go eat a bowl of dicks), have Netflix and stream the rest of what I want through the interwebs. Just have to know how to search. I haven't missed an episode of Sons, Justified, The League or any football, baseball or hockey games that I have wanted to see. Yeah sometimes the quality isn't AS good as if it was direct through a TV provider, but I can still watch the same stuff and not pay as much.

FWIW I have yet to find an Internet/TV provider that isn't a scam. Charter sucked when I was in Boone and they knew they could get away with it because they were the ONLY game in town at the time. Same with TWC where I am in Durham now since they were the only available provider in my complex. They tried to stick me with a bunch of stuff when I moved in and signed up. A quick FU, because that stuff wasn't outlined in the contract and they backpedaled, dropped my rate and knocked about $70 worth of "fees" off my first bill.

I want to ditch it so badly, but with the Panthers and Hurricanes I haven't found a way out yet short of streaming over the net (which SUCKS). That and I really like HBO, but come 2015 they will offer an online streaming only deal so there is that.

I have Centurylink right now which includes internet and DirecTV...at 199 a MONTH. I am sick of it, but I just don't know where else to turn.

$199.. :eek: Well My butt don't hurt any more.

Direct realized the issue and gave me their "bundle" rate. I had a lot of folk wanting to follow suit and come with me to Frontier. Not no more. I guess they were just glad they got 1 more locked in customer. Early termination fees is $250 per service so I'm stuck. It was just so wrong...

LOVE the idea of no internet!!! Hard one to wean from though if you like sports...

We haven't had cable (or Direct TV) in probably ten years. We use Netflix and Amazon Prime streaming for what little we do watch. We used to use Hulu for network stuff but kinda quit watching much network stuff.

I have been cable-less for a few stints including the past 2 years. I do have Netflix, and cheat a bit by using my girlfriend's TWC login to stream ESPN via chromecast.

Same here I pay $32 a month for charter internet & we watch Netflix on the home theater through my PS3.

This, but ROKU player.

OK for all you Walking Dead fans w/o cable - how do you get episodes live?
We're ready to cut the cord but this and a few other shows are one of the hangups.

Very few things we feel the need to see live, however there is so much discussion about WD online that avoiding spoilers seems like it would be super challenging.

OK for all you Walking Dead fans w/o cable - how do you get episodes live?
We're ready to cut the cord but this and a few other shows are one of the hangups.

Very few things we feel the need to see live, however there is so much discussion about WD online that avoiding spoilers seems like it would be super challenging.
It is. I've never read the Walking Dead thread on here because I get it via Netflix and I'm behind.

$199.. :eek: Well My butt don't hurt any more.
I just want to restate this: That's $2,400 per year.

Seriously, it hurts. This is actually the first month of the 199 thing. It's been steadily increasing to this point for a while though. DirecTV won't play like Charter. A little threat to cancel from Charter and they would do whatever it took to keep you around. DirecTV doesn't care and they also seem more expensive in general. I have thought about calling them again to see if I can get anywhere but I doubt it will work. My internet comes through CenturyLink and I get a bundle discount so I am concerned if I jump to Charter my bundle discount will kill any savings I'll get. Charter doesn't have internet capability here.

I've looked at the HDTV antenna a few times before, but it didn't seem like I would get very many channels here.

I've looked at the HDTV antenna a few times before, but it didn't seem like I would get very many channels here.

I plugged in Troy. Looks like your closest network antennas are 35mi north in High Point. That's workable. I'm 30mi from the WUNC antenna in Chapel Hell, and I get that fine with a small directional antenna and 18db amp in the attic.

You're pushing it to reach Charlotte, but depending on exactly where you are and how high you can get the antenna, a big directional might do the trick.

I have two of these in the attic, one for network, one for PBS:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...200_QL40&qid=1413499744&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2

Seriously, it hurts. This is actually the first month of the 199 thing. It's been steadily increasing to this point for a while though. DirecTV won't play like Charter. A little threat to cancel from Charter and they would do whatever it took to keep you around. DirecTV doesn't care and they also seem more expensive in general. I have thought about calling them again to see if I can get anywhere but I doubt it will work. My internet comes through CenturyLink and I get a bundle discount so I am concerned if I jump to Charter my bundle discount will kill any savings I'll get. Charter doesn't have internet capability here.

Directv will deal.
You need to tell them you want to cancel and get the cancellation dept thats where the discounts are.

I wanna cut the cord but my wife is a SAHM who considers peggy bundy her idol, and as tempting as it is to dump her and Directv $2400 a year is a small fraction of half and hitmen are too damn expensive and sloppy hese days.

On Directv we got NFL Sunday ticket free for a year and I think $45/month off for bitching a while back and we didnt sign a contract.

hey Shawn, be glad you dont have cable VT is sucking it up tonight.

Back