Screwed by Frontier Internet...

Oh yeah and I have not had cable or satellite for over 10 years now & still don't miss it!

Just tell me this ... how do you upload to the net with satellite?

You can't , you have to have a wired connection somewhere.
Having a semi-bizniz website, I'm stuck with TWC .... AT&T here is terrible by all accounts, and may or may not have service in your area ( this means on your street in some cases)

Matt

To the OP. The $19 TWC internet is a sham. Called them about it. They cut the data on it so you can't stream. Think kinda like dial up with a turbo. They aren't dumb. Our TWC bill for Internet is about $70 per month. We don't do cable. Just stream stuff via roku. Don't feel so bad. You got a good deal, IMHO.

Been trying to find cheaper alternatives, but where I am they are the only choice it seems.

To the OP. The $19 TWC internet is a sham. Called them about it. They cut the data on it so you can't stream. Think kinda like dial up with a turbo. They aren't dumb. Our TWC bill for Internet is about $70 per month. We don't do cable. Just stream stuff via roku. Don't feel so bad. You got a good deal, IMHO.

Been trying to find cheaper alternatives, but where I am they are the only choice it seems.
I just did the call and cancel performance with TWC, and managed a reduction from $68 to $44 after fees, this is for the "20Mbps" (lol) service. I do think it helps that there are actually alternative services at my address though.

I just did the call and cancel performance with TWC, and managed a reduction from $68 to $44 after fees, this is for the "20Mbps" (lol) service. I do think it helps that there are actually alternative services at my address though.

Yeah, Uverse has introductory rates right now - $45/mo for 18mbps and $65/mo for 45mpbs - for the first 12 months. You should be able to get them to match that.

Just tell me this ... how do you upload to the net with satellite?

You can't , you have to have a wired connection somewhere.
Having a semi-bizniz website, I'm stuck with TWC .... AT&T here is terrible by all accounts, and may or may not have service in your area ( this means on your street in some cases)

Matt
They have satellite internet. I've heard it sucks. I think it's called Hughesnet or something like that. For most areas you'd probably be better off getting it through your cellphone provider if the data limits aren't too bad.

Seriously, it hurts. This is actually the first month of the 199 thing. It's been steadily increasing to this point for a while though. DirecTV won't play like Charter. A little threat to cancel from Charter and they would do whatever it took to keep you around. DirecTV doesn't care and they also seem more expensive in general. I have thought about calling them again to see if I can get anywhere but I doubt it will work. My internet comes through CenturyLink and I get a bundle discount so I am concerned if I jump to Charter my bundle discount will kill any savings I'll get. Charter doesn't have internet capability here.

I've looked at the HDTV antenna a few times before, but it didn't seem like I would get very many channels here.

What do you get to pay 199? My TWC is 30 a month and DirecTV when I have no promotions and out of contract is 110. DirecTV will certaintly play ball if you are willing to sign another contract. I just got free Sunday Ticket, and 20 bucks a month off my bill about 2 months ago to sign another 2 year deal.

They have satellite internet. I've heard it sucks. I think it's called Hughesnet or something like that. For most areas you'd probably be better off getting it through your cellphone provider if the data limits aren't too bad.

Ping rates are the really bad thing about satellite internet most times. Hughesnet also used to have a monthly data cap as well.

Mom lives @ Lake Gaston, middle of nowhere - this is what she had for years, before changing over to some DSL-based thing.

Back