setting up outlook

tkeaton

Master Velocipede Alchemist
ok, first time using outlook, need some guidance

i am with a new company, the email is set up in outlook with the company's domain as the email address.

how do i go about adding new accounts or names? i have full admin privileges

for example, if we currently have: info@example.com and tom@example.com, how do i add other names, such as: newname@example.com, ben@example.com, etc

make sense?

thanks

unless you are hosting your own email (and probably web server), you should have an account at a hosting company. You should have a control panel for that hosting account.

Some are like this... www. yourcompanyname. com/admin (spaces inserted so it's not linkable, just an example)

More lately, on many hosts, you go their homepage and login. For example, I am using intermedia.net for my hosting. I go to intermedia.net's home page, click 'login to my account' (or whatever the button says), give my admin login and password, and I go to the control panel for my domain -- web hosting, email manager, statistics, etc.

oh, btw, doesn't matter what you are using on the client side (outlook, etc)...new email accounts have to be set up on the mail server first, then configured in whatever mail client you use.

Please give us better detail and then we can help..

IE: are you the New Mail Admin?
if not then you need to contact your mail admin and ask them to add the names you want and then after that is done you can then add those e-mail address to outlook.

Hey, I'd like like to jump on the wagon here. I have outlook on two computers...one on the laptop and a desktop computer at work. Is there a way to get my calender from the desktop copied to the laptop and keep them....whats the word....calibrated together, so if I add or edit on one it will end up the same on the other?

Is there a way to get my calender from the desktop copied to the laptop and keep them....whats the word....calibrated together, so if I add or edit on one it will end up the same on the other?

The term would be synchronized and that depends on if your using it via POP3, IMAP or MAPI (direct to MS Exchange)... from the sound of it, your using POP3 = a PITA, but doable.

if not then you need to contact your mail admin and ask them to add the names you want and then after that is done you can then add those e-mail address to outlook.

Yeap, add secondary/tertiary SMTP alias addresses. Any additional addresses will resolve to your account and be sent to your Inbox if using MAPI or as Ken said, you can add them to your profile for POP3/IMAP

Back