Which is it?

• Fresh cranberry sauce

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Gelatin cranberry sauce from the can

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
So which do you prefer, cranberry sauce homemade with real cranberries or the gelatin kind out of the can.

I like cranberry flavored jello from a can. I’ve never had homemade but will this year

I’ll report back

My Mom makes a cranberry gelatin salad with nuts, pineapple, fresh cranberries, and other stuff that’s my Great Grandmother’s recipe. I hate cranberries and that canned cranberry crap but love what my Mom makes. It’s the only food that I care about on thanksgiving and Christmas.
My mother always does the same thing.

I like either ok, but not many others like it, so it's always out of a can. I've contemplated making it before, but really don't want to add it to the list.
I saw a recipe for zombie cranberry sauce that looked good. It used craisans and cranberry juice vs fresh berries.

I would have been in the no cranberry sauce camp until this year. We made a batch of @trailhugger ’s cranberry sauce recipe and it is amazing! It’ll be on the menu this year and for years to come.
I'm so glad you like it! It's not as sweet as the canned stuff but that's why I enjoy it.

We eat cranberry sauce all year, like I think I've mentioned, with meatloaf, poultry, venison, etc. The cran-raspberry I also made today works the same way.

I'm so glad you like it! It's not as sweet as the canned stuff but that's why I enjoy it.

We eat cranberry sauce all year, like I think I've mentioned, with meatloaf, poultry, venison, etc. The cran-raspberry I also made today works the same way.
I really like the slight tartness in it! My wife made it ahead of time and she’s having a devil of a time keeping me out of it! LOL! Your cran~raspberry interests me. I think we’ll be making it for Christmas.

Home made,. If its from a can imma assume the rest is not worth eating either.

I’f it involves cranberry the only recipe Is 3 parts good vodka 2 parts cranberry juice with a splash of sprite
Soak the fresh cranberries in liquor overnight before making the sauce

Speaking of cranberries does anyone else know the home of the cranberry festival?it’s in east Tn not far from Virginia.

My Mom makes a cranberry gelatin salad with nuts, pineapple, fresh cranberries, and other stuff that’s my Great Grandmother’s recipe. I hate cranberries and that canned cranberry crap but love what my Mom makes. It’s the only food that I care about on thanksgiving and Christmas.
One of my favorites!

I believe I could eat an entire can in one sitting

Back