Shops in Charlotte, NC

LR Max

I am looking for a 4WD shop in the Charlotte area. I used to live in Charlotte and had CRS do some work, but they've closed.

So can anyone recommend a shop? Thanks.

Alpha Four Wheel Drive..he is on the board here. He is located just across the Union County line on Route 74. Does good work...up front kind of guy.

Well if you do not have jeep dont go to Tarhill 4wd not bad if you do have a 4wd.

I know of the Rock shop, 4wheelparts can do some stuff, and ASI does 4 wheel work. Alpha is another one but its outside of the city

THIS WILL SOUND CRAZY BUT I WOULD GO TO MEINAKIE ON N.TRYON ST. BY PRECISION TUNE I KNOW THOSE GUYS THEY DO GOOD WORK AND THEY ALL ARE 4X4 GUYS THEY HAVE A ROCK BUGGY IN THE SHOP NOW THE GUY THAT RUNS THE PLACE(JOSH) USED TO WORK FOR TARHEEL 4X4 AND THATS WHERE WE ALL USED TO GO

THIS WILL SOUND CRAZY BUT I WOULD GO TO MEINAKIE ON N.TRYON ST. BY PRECISION TUNE I KNOW THOSE GUYS THEY DO GOOD WORK AND THEY ALL ARE 4X4 GUYS THEY HAVE A ROCK BUGGY IN THE SHOP NOW THE GUY THAT RUNS THE PLACE(JOSH) USED TO WORK FOR TARHEEL 4X4 AND THATS WHERE WE ALL USED TO GO

:lol: funny you say that..

Is that the one in cary? There is a meinekie or precision tune with 2 little truggies in the parking lot with what looks like a 9 year old built them.

umm, I havent had tarheel do any work for me, but back when I was looking for a lift kit for my grand cherokee, they told me that there wasnt a lift bigger than 3" available for my ZJ. At the time I believe RK, Rustys, Kevin, and maybe even Clayton was around with long arm kits available for my grand so I decided not to go to Tarheel anymore for any kind of advice.

umm, I havent had tarheel do any work for me, but back when I was looking for a lift kit for my grand cherokee, they told me that there wasnt a lift bigger than 3" available for my ZJ. At the time I believe RK, Rustys, Kevin, and maybe even Clayton was around with long arm kits available for my grand so I decided not to go to Tarheel anymore for any kind of advice.

I'm sure what they meant was they did not carry one bigger than that. They definately know what they are doing, every one of them has been in this deal a long long time.

I've done business with Tarheel 4x4 for 15+ years.Ron Crisp and Steve Owens are straight up guys.

Carolina Truggies does some awesome stuff, great guys that will treat you and your rig right.

Speaking about Tar Hell 4wd, I can remember one time they told me they don't recommend BFG tires and that to step up to a larger tire than a 35 you have to go to a 37 because no one really makes a 36. Guess they don't deal with Super Swampers at all either! :rolleyes:

x2 on Carolina Truggies. He is in Indian Trail, right outside of Charlotte. He does great work and the guys there are honest as they get.

Call Alex
704-564-0499

Back