Shops in Wilmington?

Ok I never saw the work up close nor do I know both sides BUT it's not like this was the first Hemi swap done. AEV has been doing it a few years as have some other companies. I'm sure someone knew how to fix the problems had or even if they been asked. There's even a few JK's out there now with the swap done. I think theres more here than being told but that's just my opinion.

I think theres more here than being told but that's just my opinion.

well said Josh,i stopped by over their in March and Brendan had it torn apart,it was sitting outside with the heads off the block with water standing in the cylinders and no rags or nothing covering the bores,if he didnt clean the holes up i bet the rings are going to last

AEV has been doing it a few years as have some other companies. I'm sure someone knew how to fix the problems had or even if they been asked.

Yea a bunch of people do them, they also get close to $20,000 to do them, you ever heard the saying "you get what you pay for"? Well its holds true all the time. You can usually get things 2 of 3 ways, good fast or cheap. If you want it good and cheap it ain't going to be fast.

There wasn't really any problems with the hemi swap other than the time factor, Brendan decided on rebuilding a blown hemi motor instead of getting a new crate one because the crate motor would have cost more than the whole swap, getting parts took forever for the hemi motor. He also had a machine shop problem where they didn't check the heads at the shop and they leaked coolant when assembled, that was all fixed by Brendan with no extra cost passed on to the owner

Once it was done the dumbass jarhead that owns it overfilled the transmission by 2 quarts because he can't read or something, its says on the dipstick to check in neutral and he checked in park, the extra fluid got filled with air bubbles at highway speeds and cause the solenoid pack to fail in the transmission causing intermittent fail safe when driving at highway speeds.

The taurus fan Brendan installed punctured a hole in the radiator,(his fault) he offered to fix it but the owner needed it the same day and couldn't wait for the radiator shop to fix the broken tubes, and thats where it stands

... If there was such shotty work being done out there, i'd figure anyone with common since, would 1. take it back, 2. sue their ass off... since i havnt heard anyone do either yet, it just seems as if there are a buch of web tuff guys.. .

Well, I actually thought about taking him to court. I tried to be as flexible as I could about things, but he was taking things a little too far and it was getting pretty fuckin stupid.
I did not sue him because it was pointless. I dont want to ruin his business just because he fucked me over. Even if I did, what would I get from it??? Not shit. He doesnt own his shop, I wouldn't be surprised if he rents his home, and he isn't riding around in a Lexus. If I was to sue him, they would have to liquidate his assets, which consists of his tools and what? I wouldn't anything out of the deal, and I see no reason to pursue hanging a debt over his head. HE PERFORMED MY SWAP TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY. I CANT FAULT HIM FOR THAT, I was the dumbass that let him work on my vehicle.
Hell, I even took it back to have him fix the many faults I found after I got it back, and he half assed that, just as bad as he half assed the whole swap from the beginning.... Common sense SHOULD have told me not to go back and let him fuck me over a second time.

Nobody fuckin cares how long your hemi swap took or whatever, there isn't a book at the library to check out that says "how to complete a hemi swap in a jeep"

Actually, Teraflex has a pretty step by step instruction booklet on just what to do. I have swapped many emails with Mark Faulkner (owner and president of Teraflex) about the swap, as well as Tony Squier (who makes the wiring harnesses) I studies this swap extensively (to make sure I didnt get fucked over). I didnt have the tools or the time to do it myself, so I didnt fool with it.

As far as immature goes, Brendan has been running his own business and paid for everything at a pretty young age, what did you do? You still can't even change the oil on your dam motorcycle. You prolly couldn't get into college anywhere so you joined the military, pat on the back for that one, and now you think your better than everyone

Hey thats cool that he can run his own business, I just think he could do a lot better than he has so far, and I am NOT the only person saying this, so dont get pissed at me for agreeing with them.
Actually I CAN change the oil in my motorcycle, but I dont have much experience with the belts and the primary, I wouldnt know if they have too much slack or too little, and rather than screw that up, I let somebody else do it until I know a little more about it.

For what its worth, I actually graduated 3rd in my class and had scholarships out the ass waiting at my feet, but that isn't what I wanted to do with my self.

I DONT think I am better than everyone. HOWEVER, after the way you want to come on here and assault me over my opinion like it actually hurts you if I dont like Brendan (damn, what are you his brother, dad, boyfriend {I sure didnt think he was gay} or somthin?), I would say I am better than you. The things you say show a great lack of character.

well said Josh,i stopped by over their in March and Brendan had it torn apart,it was sitting outside with the heads off the block with water standing in the cylinders and no rags or nothing covering the bores,if he didnt clean the holes up i bet the rings are going to last

well that sounds fuckin awesome. Good thing I was in Arizona and didnt catch my jeep sittin out like that. hell, I would lost my mind if I saw that.

There wasn't really any problems with the hemi swap other than the time factor, Brendan decided on rebuilding a blown hemi motor instead of getting a new crate one because the crate motor would have cost more than the whole swap, getting parts took forever for the hemi motor.

Yeah, but he had EVERY part for that motor as of January
13th, from then on it was not a lack of engine parts that held things up.

He also had a machine shop problem where they didn't check the heads at the shop and they leaked coolant when assembled, that was all fixed by Brendan with no extra cost passed on to the owner

Ya know, if Brendan had told me that, I wouldnt have been that mad. He told me that HE NEVER HAD THE HEADS CHECKED. Hell yeah it was fixed at no extra cost to me, it wasnt my responsibility to have the engine repaired, Brendan agreed to do the whole swap for a certain price, if the motor was more fucked up than he thought, that is his problem not mine, he has to hold up to his agreement.

Once it was done the dumbass jarhead that owns it overfilled the transmission by 2 quarts because he can't read or something, its says on the dipstick to check in neutral and he checked in park, the extra fluid got filled with air bubbles at highway speeds and cause the solenoid pack to fail in the transmission causing intermittent fail safe when driving at highway speeds.

Well, Im sorry I didnt know that dodge was different from Chevy and Ford, I had no reason to assume any different. Regardless of the fact, the transmission is not fucked up, and I have been driving the jeep plenty since getting it back in June with NO PROBLEMS in the transmission, so it must not have done too much to it.

The taurus fan Brendan installed punctured a hole in the radiator,(his fault) he offered to fix it but the owner needed it the same day and couldn't wait for the radiator shop to fix the broken tubes, and thats where it stands

yeah he did offer, and I appreciate that, but what really pissed me off is that the way he installed that fan. the wires were twisted together and taped up. No connectors, none of any kind, just stripped wires twisted together and taped back up.
Now thats professional

Nobody fuckin cares how long your hemi swap took or whatever, there isn't a book at the library to check out that says "how to complete a hemi swap in a jeep" so when you think your almost done there is always another problem, its custom and it takes TIME to get right, so if you don't want to wait or pay learn to do it your fuckin self.

As far as immature goes, Brendan has been running his own business and paid for everything at a pretty young age, what did you do? You still can't even change the oil on your dam motorcycle. You prolly couldn't get into college anywhere so you joined the military, pat on the back for that one, and now you think your better than everyone

If you weren't such an idiot and web wheeler you would know that if you drive on a set of gears that aren't setup correctly for even a few miles it RUINS the gears, they can't be salvaged or made right by some god of the gears.

Chassis guy....shabadoodoo was banned...its pretty obvious who you are....;)

i thought it was interesting that the people around wilmington i asked didnt know who,chassisguy/Bo was,that seems about right though for it to be brendan,but on another note,the kid with the sas kj had it over at cape fear getting some work done to it,kinda means brendan fubar'ed that one too,one day people will learn about ole boy

yeah i was at pi, and had my rig towed from his garage to CF4x4. My friends and i were most of his business, and now all of us cant stand him...

well, i missed alot...i leave for a week and, like i said, "well"...i'm not the type of person to say things behind peoples back w/out them knowing...so i'm not doing that...i will answer some concerns... i would not suggest PI if your wanting top work done...i have seen it through vehicles that have been worked on and my own...as far as my liberty goes the axle work was done great...the steering box, arms, and top coil-over mounts were not...he knew of this and after i paid the rest...he never finished the work...i was always getting pushed back...i was unable to go on two big planed trips because of his inability to set priorities...if fact what got me fired up the most is 4 times out of two weeks he had a truck, that he just bought, in the shop doing work on it...not to fix it but to add things i.e. chips, tires ect...:poop:...danny is the guy you need to go to for any major mods... other then that there is a strong offroad community, in Wilmington, that can be of great assistance...oh and yes i had danny fix the rest of the jeep only because i got tired of PIss, dicin around...and i paid in more money oh well, i guess money talks...oh one more thing i found out that the owner of PI does not even have a business license....greenfield alignment will do lockers and gears...

...he never finished the work...i was always getting pushed back...i was unable to go on two big planed trips because of his inability to set priorities...

yeah, that happened to me too. I was always pissed because of his priorities. I understand that custom work can take a while, but when you tell somebody you will be done by January 01, and its March.... You think you would work nights to get the shit done. At that point, any other work you may have is low priority because you are so overdue.
Not in his world I guess.

...in fact what got me fired up the most is 4 times out of two weeks he had a truck, that he just bought, in the shop doing work on it...not to fix it but to add things i.e. chips, tires ect...:poop:....

Yeah, I cant tell you how many times I went down there to check on my jeep and found him working on his wagoneer. If he wasn't working on that, there would be about 6 other jeeps there that weren't there the last time i was there.

...oh one more thing i found out that the owner of PI does not even have a business license....

No business license eh??? hmmm.... thats interesting. Ya know, he refused to work for anything other than cash for me. Told me he couldnt take checks or anything because he wasn't paying taxes on his business.

You know, maybe the better business bureau (however u spelll it) would like to know about that.... Maybe the IRS too... Hmmmmm, you know, to have soo much dangerous information out there, you think he would want to please his customers so they would keep there mouth shut.

Hell, the first time i threatened to sue him, he went off on me.... talkin about how dare I say something like that to the person who is working on my vehicle.... to the person who could so easily fuck with my vehicle, that could put my life and safety in so much danger....... he was lucky i was 45 miles away when he said that shit or i would have beat the fuck out of him for even implying that he would tamper with anything in that jeep that could cause me to crash and die

Yeah, I cant tell you how many times I went down there to check on my jeep and found him working on his wagoneer. If he wasn't working on that, there would be about 6 other jeeps there that weren't there the last time i was there.

just so you know hes got the waggy up on craigs list trying to sell it,i think he wants 1k for it,he's got it listed as a rock crawler,yeah right brendan

just so you know hes got the waggy up on craigs list trying to sell it,i think he wants 1k for it,he's got it listed as a rock crawler,yeah right brendan

well when you turn every other off roader against you, who do you have to go wheeling with?? He might as well sell it.

I wouldnt give him 350 bucks for it after that fucked up chopped top and that gay bumper and light rack he made for it.

FIrst let me touch on PI. I have worked on several rigs that came from there fixing issues myself personally and everyone told me the same story. He was claiming to be ASE certified and certified in many other things when appearantly he was not. Don't know for sure b/c I never seen the guy or his credentials.

As far as Greenfield Alignment, I've had a couple axles built there when I didn't have the time or motivation to do it. I don't know anyone in town who has been doing gears longer or who has set up as many gears. One of the best in the area for front end alignments AND will also rebuild manual transmissions. Had a few of them done there myself. If you need auto's though by far the best in town is Darryl over at Econo Transmission. Shannons auto right down from GA is another great shop with top notch work. Some of the guys at these shops have been working on 4x4s and other auto's 30 years or more

FIrst let me touch on PI. I have worked on several rigs that came from there fixing issues myself personally and everyone told me the same story. He was claiming to be ASE certified and certified in many other things when appearantly he was not. Don't know for sure b/c I never seen the guy or his credentials.
As far as Greenfield Alignment, I've had a couple axles built there when I didn't have the time or motivation to do it. I don't know anyone in town who has been doing gears longer or who has set up as many gears. One of the best in the area for front end alignments AND will also rebuild manual transmissions. Had a few of them done there myself. If you need auto's though by far the best in town is Darryl over at Econo Transmission. Shannons auto right down from GA is another great shop with top notch work. Some of the guys at these shops have been working on 4x4s and other auto's 30 years or more

x2. know the guys at GA and id go there over any other shop if your wanting anything done in a timely matter.

You know... its really sad.... now that all is said and done, I dropped my jeep off In November, Got it back in May, ONLY PUT 1100 miles on it before it all started fucking up, and now I leave for IRAQ in 4 days. While I am gone I am sending my jeep to another shop to start over and re-do my hemi swap to correct all the things PI did wrong

That sucks... I bought an used SYE from the guy. Nothing but great... he did "forget" to include the blue speedo gear, but no biggie... I just re-ordered from JB, along with new seals and what not.

But to be honest, dealing with him through PM's and email was just fine.

That sucks... I bought an used SYE from the guy. Nothing but great... he did "forget" to include the blue speedo gear, but no biggie... I just re-ordered from JB, along with new seals and what not.

But to be honest, dealing with him through PM's and email was just fine.

probably because he needed some cash in a hurry

that same case also had 110 miles on it...and i was taken apart to swap the front output shaft...oh...did i mention it came from the other hemi swap that that's been there for three months already...i know if i had the stuff taken out of the jeep i would want it all back so i can make some money...it really isn't his to sell

that same case also had 110 miles on it...and i was taken apart to swap the front output shaft...oh...did i mention it came from the other hemi swap that that's been there for three months already...i know if i had the stuff taken out of the jeep i would want it all back so i can make some money...it really isn't his to sell

So I purchased a "hot" SYE? A SYE that wasn't his to sell??

unless he was told he could have it from the guy...maybe...i'm sure you have nothing to worrie about...if that's true then my front out put shaft is hot...it came from the same case...

Great! Yeah he told me it was off of a Wrangler, basically a few months used and that's it. The kit was perfect, besides that item missing...

I am not worrying, but sheesh... what the ****

Back