Snowpocalypse!

ponykilr

Old Crow
Gonna be sledding down the mountain this weekend!

43047DD4-9F17-48D6-8AFB-A31BCE044C4D.jpeg

Looks like I’m gonna be awake from Saturday night when it starts to whenever it stops, providing hourly updates to the state for Monroe Expressway. Looks to be a lot of ice for the Charlotte area…

I hope for snow. Will likely get winter mix and loose some tree branches.

Screw y'all, I'm right on the edge of getting between an inch and jack shit.

They're talking mostly ice for us now but switching to rain after lunch.

Duane

It’s clearer than ever by all the models that the meteorologists really don’t know what’s going to happen other than precipitation for some, not all but maybe.
Except in this case, 4-5 are in agreement (with slight exceptions in totals)... when that happens, stand_the_fawk_by!
The last time it happened in 2018, we got about 24", which netted about 18" + several layers of freezing rain

Screw y'all, I'm right on the edge of getting between an inch and jack shit.
I was expecting a good bit up here too. Last week, totaling up Sunday night/Monday day time looked like we'd be getting 8-12". Now it is saying we'll be in for 3-5. It did say 1-3 earlier this morning. Guess I'll have to wait and see!

I have heard anywhere from 6- 18" for our area depending on where you look. As with most storms, won't know until it is over and it is usually a LOT less that they predict. I am hoping for a really lot less as I don't want to shut the plant down as backlog is huge as we as running close on the ship dates as it is. However, tomorrow, I am going to get the tractor ready and blade hooked up, generator gassed up and on standby and 4wheelers staged as ready to go, just in case. :D

SNOWMAGEDEN! its not.......... well maybe............ we aren't sure,................... Tuesday they were saying 5-8" down near Rock Hill.
We were going to go camping in our new camper we bought this past Oct, but I'm not going to chance pulling it home in the ice and snow on Monday. Tuesday we bought all the Bread, Milk Eggs beer and Pizza. Holed up at the house. Looking to burn some firewood this weekend.

Generator is ready, got 30 gallons of gas, new propane wall heater is installed and tested, sled is ready to kill me and I have a new genyoowine wool navy watch cap!

Gonna gas up the truck and Jeep this afternoon and then we wait.

Wife has gone to town for bread and milk for milk sammiches.

D8755C28-2603-41C8-95A8-B10E896379E1.jpeg

Weather.com saying I’m on the 8-12 / 12-18 line!

I hope this ain’t right.

DCT_SPECIAL48_1280x720.jpg

Wind is going to be raw too.

DCT_SPECIAL30_1280x720.jpg

Going to pull the generator out and fire it off tomorrow, get some fuel and settle in. If we get ice then everything here is screwed. Had to go by the grocery store for a couple random items earlier and the parking lot was packed and everyone was stocking up on their French Toast supplies (milk, eggs, bread). People act like one day of weather will prevent them from getting to a store for a week. Ridiculous.

Back