Snowpocalypse!

Our neighbor friends walked up and the 6 bigger kids (and, ahem, all the parents) took turns sledding down the little hill between the driveway and the barn. Then the kids worked on turning the play house into an igloo, with help from the other neighbor's two grandkids. Three good hours outside with only a short break to shotgun some cocoa and not taste a slice of grocery store pizza. :lol: Break for actual lunch and some rest, then ready for more...
They'll sleep well tonight.

FC530440-2CF9-4556-B795-DC6F0F65CA41.jpeg

Not much snow in Greenville. Enough to have fun and be melted by the time we are tired of it.

It's mostly melted. The only thing on the agenda now is to build a fire and bust out the beverages. Fireball and Budweiser. Got our resident country singer and his family with us. Cheers to Rufus Barnette.
IMG_20220122_175220.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing pics in this thread and receiving texts like below from my wifeā€¦I figured my 4hr trip home would turn into a 25mph trip for the next two days. Worst roads and the most snow I saw was in my own neighborhood. But from what Iā€™m gathering, the worst of it was norther and easter of Salisbury.

4B636CE8-1DB6-4E40-ACC2-D02B8E3E6687.png

After seeing pics in this thread and receiving texts like below from my wifeā€¦I figured my 4hr trip home would turn into a 25mph trip for the next two days. Worst roads and the most snow I saw was in my own neighborhood. But from what Iā€™m gathering, the worst of it was norther and easter of Salisbury.

View attachment 365683

Roads around here really cleared up this afternoon. Picked my wife up from work tonight and there were a few icy spots on secondary roads, but the highways and interstates were clear and dry.

Duane

Most roads around Aberdeen area stayed shit due to trees and shade. Re-Freezing tonight will just prolong the issues. Black ice will be a bad situation for those who donā€™t understand what that term really means.

Natty's started flowing around 9 this morning. Managed to make it all day without injury until an hour ago. Sledding behind my neighbors ranger I tried to swing wide, got hung up in soybean stubble and wiped out. Managed to twist my left knee up pretty well. Frozen peas, homemade soup and and a few more nastys should have it back in shape by tomorrow.

No video!
Afraid not! We were having a swell time and I was shifting my weight around swinging the sled side to side when all of a sudden I hit something and went ass over tea kettle. I think it was either a big pile of bean trash, a rut from the combine, or a rut from cutting doughnuts earlier. Sledding injuries at 32 are much different than they were prior to 20. We were going pretty slow, and I don't even really know what I did to tweak my knee. I didn't even barrel roll but maybe one rotation. I'm blaming my heavy boots for slowing my leg down more than the rest of my body šŸ˜‚. Rode up to cvs and got a knee brace and things are looking up. It's not really swollen and there's no noticable bruising. Just needs a little extra support. Getting old sucks. My dad used to fling us off the sled behind the fourwheeler repeatedly and we never had injuries šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Currently 17 degrees in Ivy log Georgia with a wind-chill of 6 and blowing more snow in by the minute.
IMG_20220129_072328_hdr.jpg

Back