Star Wars fans

Tails

If you were going to watch only one Star Wars movie with your fiancés young teenage girls what one do you watch?

I grew up in a Disney house. I swear my mom would have married Mickey if she could have. So growing up we would go to Disney several times a year and I can quote most Disney movies. With that being said my fiancé and her kids have hardly seen anything Disney and have only been to the magic kingdom on a day trip with me. Now I am taking them down for a week in March. I’m showing them all the movies that correspond to rides or lands in Disney and so I’m going to introduce them to Star Wars. They already have in their head they are going to suck. I’m not going to make them sit through the whole trilogy so what one movie do you show to younger age to make them understand the basics?

I am a firm believer that everyone should have experienced Star Wars the same way I did. New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi - in that order and then be done. It's all you need. Full story, full circle, full stop.

But to answer your question, a New Hope will give them the crux of the knowledge they will need to survive Hollywood Studios.

Rise of the Resistance is my favorite ride in all of Disney World. To me it combines the best of all of my other favorite rides. It has the trackless part like Runaway Railway, a drop like Tower of Terror - albeit quick, it has animatronic interactions , cast interactions, an actual storyline to follow (similar to Pandora Flight of Passage, but more relatable even if you haven't seen the movie), and so on. To me and my kids it was well worth the wait (90 minutes in sweltering heat). It is a pain in the royal a$$ to get through the virtual queue thing (or it least it was at that time), but I think the virtual queue is more of a thing for Tron now that it's open. Smuggler's Run is just OK in comparison. Will make some sense even if you have only seen New Hope. Same for Star Tours.

Last edited:
Personally, I think The Empire Strikes Back is the best of the bunch. However, I got to agree that if you only watch one, watch A New Hope.

Rouge One would be my "one movie" if I had to choose, but I don't know how well it ties into the Star Wars area of Hollywood Studios. But I think it's a good enough movie that it could convince your kids to watch more.

Duane

Empire Strikes Back is my all time favorite movie.

Rise of the Resistance was a great ride, we rode it twice. And it was slightly different each time!

The Millennium Falcon ride was cool too. If you haven’t seen the animated series “The Clone Wars” and “Rebels”, you’re gonna wonder who this guy is on the video screen that has the Falcon. It’s Hondo, he’s a pirate and a very likeable semi-villain.

Also the cantina is very much like the one in A New Hope, so watch that one too. And make time to go in the cantina, it’s worth it.

Spaceballs

100% A Nee Hope. Aka Star Wars. The series is amazing but young people who are use to “modern tech” don’t get how amazing Star Wars” was back in the 70’s.

that’s a tough question. A teenage girls first experience with SW in hopes of gaining her interest. Kids today don’t respond well to classic movies and the acting of old.

I’m torn between Rouge One with a female lead and the way it was meant to be watched. 4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8,9 then filming the others.

I have 3 daughters and I started with 4.

Last edited:
Episode IV came out when I was about 5. Saw it in the theater. I was amazed. Made me really want to see the next, and the next, and then...episode 1 came out and I never wanted to see another :laughing:

Watching them all later as an adult, it was lame. Especially after all the other scifi movies that came out in the 90's and 2000's

I'd likley agree with Rogue One for "damn kids these days" that would be seriously unimpressed with any of the episodes. But for the love of all that's holy, never expose them to 1-3 :lol:

Episode IV came out when I was about 5. Saw it in the theater. I was amazed. Made me really want to see the next, and the next, and then...episode 1 came out and I never wanted to see another :laughing:

Watching them all later as an adult, it was lame. Especially after all the other scifi movies that came out in the 90's and 2000's
This is how I feel about them too. But I feel if I start on new hope it’ll be too “old” for them to get into. They already have the mindset they’re old and suck. I just want them to understand galaxy's edge at Disney.

Id watch in this order:
Rogue One, Han Solo, IV, V, VI

Do you want to learn more?
I, II, III, VII, VIII, IX

My kids have seen 4 and 5. They say watching The Mandolorian made them more interested in the movies.

My kids have seen 4 and 5. They say watching The Mandolorian made them more interested in the movies.

I liked the Mandolorian, and I liked the action in the Book of Boba Fett, but I had an issue with a HUGE gaping plot hole after watching Boba Fett. All througout Mandorian, he makes it clear that the religion does not allow anyone to see his face, going to great pains to make sure it's so, even so much as to risk death over removing the helmet to have a droid save him. Then, all the sudden Fett walks into a crowded bar, removes his helmet and has them fill it with money so he can carry it all. Like so much for the religion, Fett!

I liked the Mandolorian, and I liked the action in the Book of Boba Fett, but I had an issue with a HUGE gaping plot hole after watching Boba Fett. All througout Mandorian, he makes it clear that the religion does not allow anyone to see his face, going to great pains to make sure it's so, even so much as to risk death over removing the helmet to have a droid save him. Then, all the sudden Fett walks into a crowded bar, removes his helmet and has them fill it with money so he can carry it all. Like so much for the religion, Fett!
Based on The Clone Wars animated series, almost all Mandolorians take off their helmets. Very small sect had the helmet rule. I guess it’s kind of like the denominations where women can’t cut their hair.

They already have in their head they are going to suck.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Then, all the sudden Fett walks into a crowded bar, removes his helmet and has them fill it with money so he can carry it all. Like so much for the religion, Fett!
Fett isn't mandalorian, just wears his father's armor.

Back