Steel in Raleigh

TKFireman

Any recommendations of where to buy stock sizes of steel/metals in Raleigh or Apex Areas? Just bought a welder and would like to find a place to buy pieces for a few projects at a reasonable price.

http://www.foymart.com/Foymart.swf

click on steel prices , is a flash based website.

is actually a pretty cool country hardware store/truck stop, and it is outside Wake County, so sales tax is lower, as are the gas(oline) prices.

Appreciate it guys, I'll check those places out. I also read about J&D recycling in Durham, apparently they resale to the public, anyone been there? Worth the trip?

Found this guy off of Craigs List. He works for some kind of metal supply in Fayetteville? He lives in Holly Springs and can bring it home with him.

Matthew Valentine
919-267-6629

I bought expanded metal brought to Raleigh for $45 per sheet. That was about half everyone else. Probably a third of Dillon Supply prices.

I have a lot of scraps and drops small pieces, laying around, not sure if its worth your time to drive up to WF but you can have them. I'll probably be doing a good cleaning sometime in the next 4-6 weeks (or sooner) if someone wanted the stuff. Just bring a bucket/pail with you.

Appreciate it guys, I'll check those places out. I also read about J&D recycling in Durham, apparently they resale to the public, anyone been there? Worth the trip?

Great guy who owns it!! really helpful... It's the kind of place that they just have random pallets of stuff everywhere. If they have what you are looking for then it is awesome bc the prices are just for scrap... Normally i can find something that works for a given project. If not they do sell new stuff but generally they are reluctant to sell it in anything but 20' sticks.

Back