Stock class XJ build.

We found the Rio Grande. Time to head back up to California

PXL_20210126_185003748.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210126_185003748.jpg
    PXL_20210126_185003748.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 188
Well what can you say. The hammers don't like me.

We had a great 11 days on the lakebed, testing. Pre running etc. Jeep was ready to go and so was our team.

We started at the back of the pack and we quickly were passing people within the first mile. We hit 57 mph in a complete sand white out and we just stayed in it which was super sketchy and probably not the smartest but was fun :)

We made it to cougar buttes and realized something was wrong so we stop and found the engine motor mount bolts on the block broke. So I quickly took a 2" strap and made a sling to support the motor. We than completed cougar buttes with no issues and made it 1 mile from the pit and when the engine torqued over it broke the distributor and we were done :(

Jeep was working great and was fast just wish parts did not fail.

Jeep is now for sale. $20k and it will come race prepped and ready to go

Thanks for all the support over the years

Ken C

PXL_20210205_152844590.jpg

I hate you've had such a time breaking parts. I've enjoyed watching your build over the last few years. I hope someone else takes your rig out there. Good luck!

Bummer on the motor mount bolts. I am curious. Does KOH rules allow a racer to carry a premier welder and fabricate away from the pits? In this example one could have cobbled together a permanent motor mount fix?

Bummer on the motor mount bolts. I am curious. Does KOH rules allow a racer to carry a premier welder and fabricate away from the pits? In this example one could have cobbled together a permanent motor mount fix?
We had welder etc in the pits but I could not get the jeep back to the pits. We had two race jeep try to pull us but could not get us up the hills to the pit

Yes you could but that would mean even more weight to carry

@BRUISER you are doing what all of us ex-ECORS geeks dreamed of doing. I'm a bit envious.
Are you running any sort of aftermarket (Brown Dog, Ironman, etc) motor mount bracket with more bolts on the mount? Or just the OEM 3- 3/8" bolts?

@BRUISER you are doing what all of us ex-ECORS geeks dreamed of doing. I'm a bit envious.
Are you running any sort of aftermarket (Brown Dog, Ironman, etc) motor mount bracket with more bolts on the mount? Or just the OEM 3- 3/8" bolts?
Brown dog motor mounts but standard 3 bolts on block. Going to upgrade to the larger brown dog engine plate with 5 bolts

Since it did not sell yet time to go play

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618273612657.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618273612657.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 195
Not a bad day at all

We started in last due to a driveshaft failure on qualifying.

Ended the day on the box in 3rd place

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1618756112569.jpg
    FB_IMG_1618756112569.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 186
Well the time finally came. Jeep is on its way to a new life in Phoenix.

IMG_1459.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg
IMG_1461(1).jpg
668524772.jpg

Back