Stock XJ, upgrading soon!!!

I was actually just thinking about going camping or something. Cassie and I are probably going on a trip in another couple of months.. maybe we can all go.. Im not burning my Jeep!! it hasnt gave me any problems..
another question I have is, what exhaust setup sounds the best on a Cherokee?? I dont want anything that sounds like a damn F&F civic.. something nice and deep toned.. flowmasters sound good on jeeps in yall opinions?

IMHO 4.0s aren't worth worrying about the exhaust tone. I've yet to hear one that had a modded exhaust that sounded nice and throaty like a v8.

Yeah, the I6 is bigger than the ricer motors you might be used to but its still definitely a small truck engine. One of the best ever made, but still a SMALL truck engine.

Oh, on a sidebar your 4.0 should come with the standard exhaust leak, at the manifold or y-pipe. That's the signature 4.0 exhaust sound.

I dont really care if its a I6, it can still sound pretty deep.. I dont want the v8 gas mileage thats for sure.. lol. but then again, my I6 dosent get to great..

Mike, yep im heading to boone straight from work.. this has been the most stressful week dude.. for real..

yeah for me to, i am of course broke and need money but man i gotta do something lol i got metal to do my rack on top to. Why is your week going bad.

oh yeah about your exaust do whatever you want to it. people have all of there own opions about sound on it. But me i want a loud jeep but where i hunt i have to have a quiet jeep.lol. so do what you want get the flowmaster put it on if you dont like F it take it off and find something else. Those rods your going to pick up for me i will weld your exaust on for you with that.

that exaust does sound good. but i am saying flowmaster's sound good on a 4.0 i had one on my grand cherokee and it gave it a deep tone no bwaaaaaaaaahh it gave it a small purrrrr. now if you get rid of the cat and than put it on it will make it louder lol. JUST GO WITH THE FLOWMASTER.

I'm getting a Magnaflow bullet style muffler installed on Monday, with 2.5" pipe from the header back and gonna ditch the cat. I'll try to get a video of how it sounds.

When my wife had her WJ, I cut off the stock muffler and welded in a muffler off a 2nd gen Dodge Viper. It was the round bullet style muffler from the side-exit exhaust model. Pipe diameter was the same for the WJ and the Viper and the mufflers were the exact same length. Just a lot smaller diameter muffler on the Viper. Sounded really nice and wasn't too loud. Just a nice mellow sound.

I just got a closer look at my rear end tonight, lol.. its actually an 8.25.. wtf? I will take a picture to prove it to you guys.. I was looking under there while i was planning on taking the bumper off and it definently isnt round at the bottom.. its flat..

yeah they come with a dana 35 and a dana 30 on the front.

D30/35 general info: These have great aftermarket support with axle and lockers. They tend to hold up to mild off-road use with lockers and up to 33" tires. Tend to have the smallest brakes so stopping larger tires will be more work for them. The weak part of the D30 is the front u-joints typically. The weak part of the D35 are the axle tubes and their c-clip axles. If you break a D35 axle and you have drum brakes, your wheel and what's left of your axle can come right out on the trail.

The 8.25" has been used in various XJs and ZJs as early as '91. It has been used as an alternative to the Dana 35c when supplies are short. It is very common in '97 XJs.

i understand that Mike, What I am thinking is that something happened to the rear end.. they took it somewhere and had it replaced with the 8.25.. if they took it to somewhere like Jeep Medic, or a place besides the Jeep Dealership maybe they suggested this rear end?? I have no clue.. I need to look under it again and take a picture so you can see it.. I cant see a stamp on the rear end..

yeah untchabl you watch alot of spike tv dont you they are all about magnaflow lol.

No, I just believe in spending money on quality parts, especially if the prices are very similar. Magnaflow makes most of their mufflers with stainless steel (they do offer aluminized in some styles) and come with a LIFETIME warranty. I'm just an avid disliker of Flowmaster, they really have no positive attributes when compared to any quality exhaust manufacturer.

Also, why run a chambered muffler that will hurt performance. Although HP is not really a consideration on my XJ. I just wanted a bullet style muffler that I can tuck up closer to the body plus give me more room around the driveshaft and T-case. The Flowmaster that is on it now rubs on the driveshaft and the piping is laying on the crossmember and rattles pretty badly.

its not that i dislike the magnaflow to a point of hate.. I just havent heard it done right I guess. I would want to run a bigger size piping in hopes that it would make the magnaflow a more deep tone.. If a magnaflow is on that wrangler that was posted in the vid then I would like to get a magnaflow because that thing sounds badass.. Flowmasters are generally the sound I like normally on a 6 cyclinder or a 8. 4 cylinders are for the most part going to have that buzzing sound that I really wouldnt like to have on the jeep..

i need to stop talking so much and get this shit on the road.. cant wait for the tax check

Back