Stock XJ, upgrading soon!!!

damn look at all the info! thanks guys i will definently check into everything. My jeep will definently be street driven more than it will see trails. Im planning on it being a dd at the moment, but this may change soon if i find a cheap civic shell to throw a sohc and tranny in. I am gearing more towards a 4.5" lift right now.. but I would rather be on 31's with that if it dosent look retarded.. what are yalls opinions on that?

31s and 4.5" lift should be no problem, especially a mall crawler. Since you have the first gen body, you probably can leave all the flares and bumper caps on. If you get new wheels, I'd offset them out a bit in case the tires want to rub the LCA's when turning @full steering lock.

what you really need to do with that crap is burn it lol JK buddy cant wait to get the rig going and ridding me you cassy katie all go camping this year.

I was actually just thinking about going camping or something. Cassie and I are probably going on a trip in another couple of months.. maybe we can all go.. Im not burning my Jeep!! it hasnt gave me any problems..

another question I have is, what exhaust setup sounds the best on a Cherokee?? I dont want anything that sounds like a damn F&F civic.. something nice and deep toned.. flowmasters sound good on jeeps in yall opinions?

31s and 4.5" lift should be no problem, especially a mall crawler. Since you have the first gen body, you probably can leave all the flares and bumper caps on. If you get new wheels, I'd offset them out a bit in case the tires want to rub the LCA's when turning @full steering lock.

hell yeah, thats what im talking about.. definently wanting to leave all the flares and stuff on.. if I do anything im going to copy Mikes front bumper.. the "low budget bumper" that he made is pretty badass.. check his thread, his username is Volcom84

yeah a flowmaster sounded good on my ZJ when i had it but if you want a little deeper tone just drill a hole in the exaust lol nah the did that shit to mine but i welded it up. and put the stock exaust back on.

there is so many low budget things you can do to your jeep to make it badass and not spend money out the wazoo. but being able to weld is a great deal when you have a jeep our your buddy having a jeep and moding everything yourself. you can look at that 2 ways its the way you want it and its one of a kind lol. cant wait to get started on our jeeps.

I was actually just thinking about going camping or something. Cassie and I are probably going on a trip in another couple of months.. maybe we can all go.. Im not burning my Jeep!! it hasnt gave me any problems..
another question I have is, what exhaust setup sounds the best on a Cherokee?? I dont want anything that sounds like a damn F&F civic.. something nice and deep toned.. flowmasters sound good on jeeps in yall opinions?

I gutted the cat on my XJ and I'm running a flowmaster w/ a dump. It's real deep and sounds good. I think flowmaster is the best sounding muffler you can get for a Cherokee.

i really wish i still had this jeep

Picture017.jpg

up in danbury where me and chris live it really is a small place to ride so many people have dug the bottoms out and put asshole deep ruts in it so it really sucks lol. i want to find a good trail not so much mud but just trails and little mud.

right now, I am just finishing up payments on a big loan, this is the last month of it.. so im going to start spending some money on the jeep.. i started this thread just so i could have a place to document things and ask questions.. hopefully i can get started on this real soon

so what kind of exaust are you wanting to go with i have looked up a glass pack that shit sound really nice in a way but a little loud lol. hey what are you doing today.

you need to ride up here someday and we will make the shirts. They probably are at advance dude.. ride over here in a little while.. im going to drop this cat convertor and beat the insides out.. the inside has come loose and makes a rattling noise, so im just going to beat all that shit out

yeah i think they do have those there but i am at work gobber i am just messing with you about that. if you take it off i would just cut it off where it is rattling and than buy that new exaust put it on. i ran mine half way i didnt go all the way backi think i might becouse 1st it stinks and 2nd it puts smoke right at the back tire so when i try to put the kids in they are like DADDY look at the smoke and it is all in there face lol

you need to ride up here someday and we will make the shirts. They probably are at advance dude.. ride over here in a little while.. im going to drop this cat convertor and beat the insides out.. the inside has come loose and makes a rattling noise, so im just going to beat all that shit out

Good luck with that! Haha it's too damn cold outside to be doing that. When i gutted my cat out I left the Jeep running for awhile and took a long, thin piece of steel and started beating the shit out of the inside of the cat. I found that it worked a lot better if the Jeep was running so it would shoot all the honeycomb pieces out of the cat. Make sure you get ALL of the inside of the cat out or it will still rattle.

Good luck with that! Haha it's too damn cold outside to be doing that. When i gutted my cat out I left the Jeep running for awhile and took a long, thin piece of steel and started beating the shit out of the inside of the cat. I found that it worked a lot better if the Jeep was running so it would shoot all the honeycomb pieces out of the cat. Make sure you get ALL of the inside of the cat out or it will still rattle.

ive gutted so many cat's.. its sad.. lol.. i always take them off, I have a huge maybe 30" flat head screwdriver that i bet down into the material with a hammer and breaks the "combs" up and it seriously only takes like 5 minutes if I get the cat off.. I went out there and sat and just said **** it, it is cold as shit

Back