Stolen trailer, police no help need advice

1. Glad you got it back, sucks that the POS made money off it, stripped it, and left you hanging.
  2. I’m thinking @jeepinmatt has the right thought train on these situations.
  3. Since you have gotten good at tracking, I would make his life hell until you either get tired of it, or he comes off the hip for the damage.

From the looks of it it had been dumped quite a while ago, most of the valuables had been stripped and one of the legs is torn off, but all that can be fixed.
The next steps are to get the trailer road worthy again and get it earning. It will be an expensive process but having it back under my control is a feeling beyond relieved.

So, any chance of recouping damages through small claims court?

So, with him taking valuable parts off the trailer, wouldn’t that now be theft of personal property? No different than stealing wheels off a car...
Except he'd have a hard time proving who actually took parts off of it. Surely the claim will be "It's was intact when I parked it there" or "It was stolen from me, I don't know what happened to it after that."

I attached a tracker as soon as I’m verified it was mine, it uses both GPS and cell data, so I installed it way up in the guts, and it would be difficult to find. I hadn’t thought of the decoy tracker though, that’s a great idea.

I already got my money back from sky line, and I hadn’t paid anyone else yet. With that said, if Great Lakes wants some money for the work they did, I will happily pay, they were great and I would recommend them to anyone.

I still have two small claims cases pending, one against Devan and one against Devan and his mother. Both are for the maximum of 10K and I have receipts and legitimate claims for more than the 20K. I don’t ever expect to see any actual money from either case, but I can be a pain in the ass and I will get some satisfaction from that.

Once again, I can’t thank everyone enough. Some of the responses were so thorough I could hardly believe it. I plan to hit some trails again now that I don’t have to dedicate every free minute to this.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!

Please contact me he is using my business name Kinsmen Logistics

QUOTE="ltrpilot9, post: 1704578, member: 18712"]Unfortunately there isn’t much I can accomplish over the weekend other than to plan for Monday. I agree that the parole officer may be the winning ticket in this case.

I am focusing on how to get Devon Washington to come to me.

The best option is to get information on his delivery schedule and intercept my trailer. In order to do that I need his business name and then get information on his schedule. The other way to do it is to get information on the ELD in the truck. I have not been able to do this yet. I do have a lead on a possible business name that I will research today. It’s Kinsmen logistics, MC 132965.

The next best option is to get Devon Washington to come to me. I think the best way to do this is to have his parole officer call him in for a meeting and then we talk to him. The next best option after that will probably be to get someone he knows to try to get him to meet.

The next best option is to go to him. I do have several addresses for him and I also know where his mom lives. I have spoken to his mother several times on the phone she seems like a good nice lady but isn’t in a big hurry to help me. Devon’s rap sheet is a mile long and so she is used to people looking for him. I think I could eventually get to him through her but it will be painful.

Through all of this I am sure he has gotten the word that I am looking for my trailer. My biggest fear is that he has either sold it, junked it or dumped it. That’s why I think if we can get to him in person I can at least find out who has it or where it is and then I can deal with Devon Washington.

If anybody has anything else that they think I should do I would love to hear it this is been very helpful and I do feel like we are making progress. When we get my trailer back taking everybody out for beers!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there isn’t much I can accomplish over the weekend other than to plan for Monday. I agree that the parole officer may be the winning ticket in this case.

I am focusing on how to get Devon Washington to come to me.

The best option is to get information on his delivery schedule and intercept my trailer. In order to do that I need his business name and then get information on his schedule. The other way to do it is to get information on the ELD in the truck. I have not been able to do this yet. I do have a lead on a possible business name that I will research today. It’s Kinsmen logistics, MC 132965.

The next best option is to get Devon Washington to come to me. I think the best way to do this is to have his parole officer call him in for a meeting and then we talk to him. The next best option after that will probably be to get someone he knows to try to get him to meet.

The next best option is to go to him. I do have several addresses for him and I also know where his mom lives. I have spoken to his mother several times on the phone she seems like a good nice lady but isn’t in a big hurry to help me. Devon’s rap sheet is a mile long and so she is used to people looking for him. I think I could eventually get to him through her but it will be painful.

Through all of this I am sure he has gotten the word that I am looking for my trailer. My biggest fear is that he has either sold it, junked it or dumped it. That’s why I think if we can get to him in person I can at least find out who has it or where it is and then I can deal with Devon Washington.

If anybody has anything else that they think I should do I would love to hear it this is been very helpful and I do feel like we are making progress. When we get my trailer back taking everybody out for beers!!!!!!

Hello he stole my business name and is using my information to obtain an MC... can you help me ... I also went half on the truck... I am Kelly Smith his ex-girlfriend

QUOTE="SHINTON, post: 1705184, member: 10"]Not sure we got much done today but lunch was awesome!! Turns out I am the 'truck finance' guy mentioned on page two that was really helpful!! He saw the pictures of my Jeeps on the wall and got talking 4x4 stuff and NC4x4 and I had not read through this thread until now!! Gave him a couple more local addresses where trucks and trailers are parked here in Greensboro, hoping we can find the trailer that way.

On another note, we (my biz) repo'd the truck (attached to un-related trailer!) and basically told this guy to get truck back he has to catch up payments AND has to work with Mike to get his trailer back. So applied what pressure I could, fingers crossed, still hoping all this works out in the end and high fives all around!

Sam[/QUOTE]

She has a dance team in Charlotte and you can sue that

I attached a tracker as soon as I’m verified it was mine, it uses both GPS and cell data, so I installed it way up in the guts, and it would be difficult to find. I hadn’t thought of the decoy tracker though, that’s a great idea.

I already got my money back from sky line, and I hadn’t paid anyone else yet. With that said, if Great Lakes wants some money for the work they did, I will happily pay, they were great and I would recommend them to anyone.

I still have two small claims cases pending, one against Devan and one against Devan and his mother. Both are for the maximum of 10K and I have receipts and legitimate claims for more than the 20K. I don’t ever expect to see any actual money from either case, but I can be a pain in the ass and I will get some satisfaction from that.

Once again, I can’t thank everyone enough. Some of the responses were so thorough I could hardly believe it. I plan to hit some trails again now that I don’t have to dedicate every free minute to this.

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!

Honestly how do people operate their businesses with not even 2500 of operating funds set aside

That’s mind baffling

Pretty simple really. $2500 sitting in savings, something good come up on Facebook marketplace, boom -$500 in savings.
Get off my case jerk!

Back