Stuck at Richlands

They walked 11 miles in the pouring rain, and through the overflowing creeks. The whole 11 miles they walked it was extremely cold and they were soaking wet from head to toe. As they were walking down 321 some local cops stopped because they looked suspicious and gave them a ride to a motel in lenoir, where the next morning they got a ride to charlotte.

Man...That's rough. I would've just slept in the Jeep and waited for someone with a tow strap to come rolling through.

UPDATE!!!
They spent all night with the jeep before giving up and trying to walk as they're cell phone batteries were dying. They walked 11 miles in the pouring rain, and through the overflowing creeks. The whole 11 miles they walked it was extremely cold and they were soaking wet from head to toe. As they were walking down 321 some local cops stopped because they looked suspicious and gave them a ride to a motel in lenoir, where the next morning they got a ride to charlotte. I finally was able to come back from out of town and help them. We loaded up my jeep tj with a recovery strap, tow chains, plenty of tools, two 12 packs of beer, and a shovel(incase we had to bury a hillbilly) and headed out.
When we got there the jeep had not been damaged at all and was not stuck that bad. This is a lifted jeep liberty with 31 or 32 inch MTR's he got stuck because he forgot to bring the front driveshaft so he was 2wd. We got him out and left out. I told him to never go 4 wheeling alone again this far away from home unless there is another vehicle or you got a winch.
:nopics:

The bad thing is I had to pull him out 2 more times before we even got out. he was doing victory donuts and slid into a ditch and the other time he was trying to back up and wet too far into a ditch.

Man...That's rough. I would've just slept in the Jeep and waited for someone with a tow strap to come rolling through.

I would have used the car charger for my phone LOL.

I would have left his ass....

Actually I would have waited for him at the end of that 11 mile hike. Still being a friend after he walked out again to learn his lesson the 2nd time I would have drove him back in and towed him out. I am a nice guy though LOL.

there are always ways to get out if stranded. you just have to be creative! :D

I would have never walked all the way out esp. in the rain at night!

Libertys have a cv type front drive shaft which are prone to grenading when they start making noises. His was making noise pretty bad so he only puts it in at the trail.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Here's an idea.. fix the fucking thing instead of going wheeling.

Something about this screams spoiled dumbass rich kid syndrome. #1 richlands isn't that bad, very doable in 2wd if you have an ounce of sense, #2 who the hell carry's their driveshaft to the wheeling spot, #3 who the hell wheels a liberty anyway :popcorn:
there is enough rock, sticks, etc. around to throw under tire and get out, I wouldn't even leave a pinto or chevette parked in that place overnight

I simply would not have walked in the rain. I would try and remember every McGyver episode I ever watched before I walked 11 miles.

Not sure if that makes me lazy or smart

Back