Super duty 60's

They're not that much, somebody got screwed if they paid that much for a SD unit bearing. New Motorcraft ones are $330 on RockAuto. For a trail rig I wouldn't hesitate to use Detriot Axle unit bearings which are ~$240 for a pair off Amazon.
Sure about that?
F6149786-CCF8-4210-B3A2-A9D00E1E78FC.png

It's baffling to me that the 76(77?) -79 married Ford 205 isn't the most valuable of any 205 given that they were shortest run and 32 outputs f/r from factory. I guess the number produced? Idk?
Chevy/Dodge used less 205's that ford. You look under any 70's model Chevy or Dodge and you'll most likely find a 203.Not so w Ford.In the 80's you could get a 205 in a Dodge or chevy but it had to be a one ton.I ran a single 205 for a long time and you just had to beat on it too hard in big rocks to keep it goin.

I've ran Superduty axles for several rigs now, and swapped em in to several customers and I like em. 99-04 MUCH easier to swap in, way less work to clean up but you have the 30 spline outers. 05+ superduty sucks complete monkey balls to clean up LOL, but are worth it in my opinion in EVERY aspect of strength. 35spline inner/outers, much stronger lockouts, bigger everything. Plus I have a constant connection for $800 for a complete set from a local guy!! He pulls em and has em on his tractor ready to load, can't beat that!!
Still mind boggles me the money people spend to build a KP 60 considering how weak it its in every aspect vs. the superduty axle....KP are stronger than ball-joints..yeah yeah yeah there's no justifying (to me) spending 1000-1500 on an axle that in stock form looks like a dana30 compared to 05+ superduty...that's just me. You don't really see many people breaking just ball-joints or unit bearings unless they were really old/rusted from sitting/unmaintained or really wild driving style which in that case, those people break anything and everything lol. To me it's a no-brainer, but to each their own! Turning radius on superduty is much better, Barnes4wd has weld on high steer arms for $100 that are pure beef and make any steering setup easy with plenty of room to mount just about anything (for those like me who run these big a** 2x8 surplus rams lol).
The rear Sterling 10.5 is pure beef too, only lacks the ease of pinion guard add-on vs the 14 bolt, has little more ground clearance without having to buy shave kit.

I wouldn't use the term "pure beef" for the weld on high steer arms and to define any aspect of a Sterling. but other that that, I agree with you that the 05+ axles are much stronger than any stock KP offering out there.

I wouldn't use the term "pure beef" for the weld on high steer arms and to define any aspect of a Sterling. but other that that, I agree with you that the 05+ axles are much stronger than any stock KP offering out there.
Well we will see how my weld on arms hold up. I wish the 4wheel supply guy on here still did his keyed machined knuckles/arms. Much like the Reid stuff, but like $275. He quit machining sadly.
I’ll go to the non keyed BN ones you’re running if I see any cracks. But if any weld breaks I’ll blame @hurt4x4 :flipoff2:

To the OP I think a fair price for 05 up front axles is $500-$600
Yeah you can find them for like $300, but they are already getting popular.
If you could offer one cleaned up ready to weld on a truss, I think you could get $700-$800 all day.
I would pay $150 for someone to cut the junk off again.
1625769896846.jpeg

Well we will see how my weld on arms hold up. I wish the 4wheel supply guy on here still did his keyed machined knuckles/arms. Much like the Reid stuff, but like $275. He quit machining sadly.
I’ll go to the non keyed BN ones you’re running if I see any cracks. But if any weld breaks I’ll blame @hurt4x4 :flipoff2:

BKOR is $350 given the increase in steel prices I don't find them insanely priced.

If you could offer one cleaned up ready to weld on a truss, I think you could get $700-$800 all day.
View attachment 351797
Look up Weaver Fab if you still want bolt on. I've used the mentioned shop once and it took them almost 3 months to machine a set of knuckles, even if they were still open no way in hell I'd use them again from that experience. Also who did you pay $150 to cut everything off? I'm really not looking forward to doing mine.

Look up Weaver Fab if you still want bolt on. I've used the mentioned shop once and it took them almost 3 months to machine a set of knuckles, even if they were still open no way in hell I'd use them again from that experience. Also who did you pay $150 to cut everything off? I'm really not looking forward to doing mine.
I was saying I would pay that if I had to do it again. I did it myself

View attachment 351797
Yep. There is an easier way. Notch a window into the cast sleeve to expose just enough tube to weld to. Takes 1/4 of the time and doesn't weaken it as bad.

You still need to remove the control arm mounts etc.
7" grinder/cutoff wheel is the way to go to clean these up.

From what I understand the 04 up are better than the 78 I have. If you compare stock to stock. Interested in what people have to say.

Excuse my ignorance but I to have a 78 and at the time of my swap the research I did made me believe it was the Cats meow because of the King pins vs Ball joint axles that came after Until 05 when the Super sixty came back out and had the Kps again. which at the time of my swap those axles were running almost 1500 bucks . Please correct me if any of that is wrong my memory is foggy.

You still need to remove the control arm mounts etc.
7" grinder/cutoff wheel is the way to go to clean these up.
That's a whole lot easier said than done. I've cleaned 4 of these in last 2yrs and the 4th one wasn't much quicker lol. I am curious how this new plasma cutter will do on cleaning up these 05+ since it can cut 3/4" no problem vs my old one it struggled on 3/8 bad haha

Excuse my ignorance but I to have a 78 and at the time of my swap the research I did made me believe it was the Cats meow because of the King pins vs Ball joint axles that came after Until 05 when the Super sixty came back out and had the Kps again. which at the time of my swap those axles were running almost 1500 bucks . Please correct me if any of that is wrong my memory is foggy.

King pins never "came back". 05+ still has ball joints.

BKOR is $350 given the increase in steel prices I don't find them insanely priced.
It’s like $600 after the core for the knuckles. The Reid’s are $350, but you gotta buy Reid knuckles

I was referring to this guy. Seemed like a nice set up for the money. It was actually like $350-$375

Yes the KP was the big dog for years.
then what makes the 05+ so good?
The shafts are 35 spline stock and I believe the U joints are better or you can get shafts for a better joint. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the knuckles are much better than the 78 KP.

Yes the KP was the big dog for years.

The shafts are 35 spline stock and I believe the U joints are better or you can get shafts for a better joint. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also the knuckles are much better than the 78 KP.
Thats right the 78s Knuckles are "known" to crack right? Didn't know about the 35 splines thats interesting.

Also apparently the 05s dont have the KPs . shows how much I remember lol

You can easily swap out the axles/u joints/stubs for those from an F450 and they have 1550 joints instead of 1480. 05+ turn much sharper, bigger/better brakes, adapt easily to many other platforms with few mods, they're cheap, and WAY easier to find. I've got a 78/79 Ford 60 under my 99 Silverado and an 05+ Ford 60 under my 02 Silverado HD. I've got less than half in the 02's axle than what I do in the 99's and it's quite a bit beefier.

If I wind up keeping the 99, I'd probably sell the front axle and swap over to an 05+ with link or radius arms like my other truck.

It’s like $600 after the core for the knuckles. The Reid’s are $350, but you gotta buy Reid knuckles

I was referring to this guy. Seemed like a nice set up for the money. It was actually like $350-$375

If you send your cores in you don't have to pay for new knuckles. Same as 4 wheel supply.

I'm confused.

Edit : I guess what you're complaining about is the fact 4 wheel and supply was way cheaper than BKOR. I get it.

You can easily swap out the axles/u joints/stubs for those from an F450 and they have 1550 joints instead of 1480. 05+ turn much sharper, bigger/better brakes, adapt easily to many other platforms with few mods, they're cheap, and WAY easier to find.
You cannot do that. At all. Everything is different.

That said you can put some 2017+ F250/350 shafts and have 1550 joints, yes.

But 450/550 stuff isn't compatible with 250/350 stuff.

Thatssss what it was...I knew you could swap 1550s in them somehow. The 450 axles are a few inches wider, right?

Back