Suspension seats

Keith1138

Well I'm starting to look for suspension seats for my xj when I put my cage in.

I know i will probably have to ditch my center console to fit them.

What seats would yall recondmend for a 42 waist and fairly tall?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Whatever style @Joe J. has would suit you well. Not sure the style he has. I would say the XPs that me and Chris have but they are tight for larger folks.

Last edited:
Whatever style @Joe J. has would suit you well. Not sure the style he has. I would say the XPs that me and Chris have but they are right for larger folks.

I dont fit in the XPs well at all.

Keith I had the Ultra seats in my ZJ (the wide version because I thought I needed it), now in my TJ I have the SS, and I for in it just fine. These are both fixed back seats with high bolsters. Troy and Joe have different seats than these two but I can’t remember which ones

Whatever style @Joe J. has would suit you well. Not sure the style he has. I would say the XPs that me and Chris have but they are right for larger folks.

I think Joe is at a point he would part with them if @rcalexander105 would quit hoarding the collection of Corbeau's he has.

Keith, I Wish I had seen this earlier, Or you had mentioned this, when you were over today! You could have sat in my Mastercrafts. Mine aren't high bolstered, which I didn't want High. And I got "Some" color, beside settling for Black. I tried a Corbo set, can't recall the model, maybe the Ultra. But they were Wide, & High backed! No way they would fit my CJ, with a console. You can see my custom wood console is wide enough for 2 extra large drink holders, & a Cobra 29 Classic. The factory style consoles are narrower. I get my 44" waist comfortably in & out. :rockon:

Attachments

• Mastercraft seats April 2015 001.JPG
    Mastercraft seats April 2015 001.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 185
  • Mastercraft seats April 2015 002.JPG
    Mastercraft seats April 2015 002.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 170
Ditto on the mastercrafts. They’d be fine for you if they’d fit. I have an old set in the yj. I like them enough that I think I’m going to order new covers from mastercraft for them at some point unless I stumble across something else.

I’m running PRP Enduro elite’s with an 8” center console in a YJ. They are super comfortable. Used to have Mastercrafts Baja’s those were very comfy as well.

c187bb90aebf98c6925cc5fb0ff2d50e.jpg

Keith, ditch that center console. So much more room without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't necessarily want to ditch my console but im not above it.

So I measured from my console to my door. I think this is going to be the limiting factor so I will probably ditch it and put an amo can in.
35307f640f3182d5db400ed1bdb29b43.jpg

I'm hoping at kairos I can try some different ones out.

The Corbeau Ultra's are a tight fit in an XJ, had to take a BFH to the tranny tunnel to get them to fit better. Plus no center console. Had a slider on the drivers side (summit racing slider customized) but ditched it to gain the headroom with a cage. Seats are against the B pillar. We did not use seat brackets from Corbeau, may have been easier to install.

The Corbeau Ultra's are a tight fit in an XJ, had to take a BFH to the tranny tunnel to get them to fit better. Plus no center console. Had a slider on the drivers side (summit racing slider customized) but ditched it to gain the headroom with a cage. Seats are against the B pillar. We did not use seat brackets from Corbeau, may have been easier to install.

likely would have been taller.

I have an 98 xj with baja ss seats and factory center console. It's super tight. I made my seat brackets.

After calling corbeua I think I have decided to go with the jp wides. Does anyone near concord have them and don't mind me seeing how I fit in them before I order them?

I was going to get a JP, however I ordered a set from 4wp and sat in them on the showroom floor, Sent them back I didn't think they were comfortable. went with the ultra wide. Seat height will be a problem, as the tunnel will get in the way of the seats, custom seat brackets will be a necessity.

I was going to get a JP, however I ordered a set from 4wp and sat in them on the showroom floor, Sent them back I didn't think they were comfortable. went with the ultra wide. Seat height will be a problem, as the tunnel will get in the way of the seats, custom seat brackets will be a necessity.
Thats why I called the guy re assured me that the jp wides will fit because the base narrower on the bottom than the normal ones. What makes them wides are the angle of the bolsters. I wonder if that is what hits the trans tunnel.

I did sit in a PRP for CJs, think it was a low or medium back. It was comfortable, but I was trying to find something to match my colors, & Mastercraft was the only one! Most Everything now only comes in black. Another consideration is mounting. You may already know, but not all seats are a direct bolt in. Some have adapters [$$] some don't.

I have prp seats in the toyota and like them for the most part. I'm a rather fat man, and they are the standard with with 2" added height. They sometimes get tiresome on those 12 hour wheeling days (you know the ones where we're just going to do the easy stuff...). I think alot of mine has so do with the angle they are mounted. They cant to the rear a pretty good amount. I think I need to redo the seat mounts.

My next seats will be mastercraft nomads. I think I like the low bolster for a big guy. I also think they would be easier to "slide" in and out with if it was a daily driver with a non removable steering wheel. Plus this deal is kinda hard to beat....

MasterCraft 525200 Nomad Seat with Fixed Headrest, Black/Black, Pair | Discount Bandit

Back