tatoos

jeepeater2003

hey all

brother and sister aproached me about getting a tatoo. they said they are getting one and wanted to know if i wanted to get one. i have always wanted one but never had the final push but now i do.
Who all has one and what do you have?
I want some sort of design but don't know what i want yet.

tyler

The key to getting a tat is to get something that you want to keep and show, not something you think just looks cool.. because in a few years you might not like it.

I have tribal arm band (I designed), and an american flag(I am proud to be an american).

Also, with you being young, get it in some place that you can hide easily, all mine can be hid with a short sleeve T-shirt. You don't know what job you'll have in the future. That being said, take your time picking something out, because it's going to be with you for your life.

HAve thought about it myself. Wanted maybe My Jeep with kids initials around it, but,...It has changed so much I don't think it would be a good idea

Ditto what Rob said. All mine can also be hidden with a tshirt and long pants. I have one for each of my 2 boys, and all the others mean something to me. Got one when I got married. Point is take your time and pick a good shop. No one wants a hack job tat that you will have to have fixed in a few years.

Totally Agree With everything said.
All mine have deep meanings and things that will never change.
Home, Alma Mater, Kids Etc.
Just remember its going to be on you forever, my grandad had a naked lady on his forearm, now at 83 he regrets it....

Kevin Lawler said:
Maybe you should try this to see if you are gonna like it. :flipoff2:

hahhahaha those are awesome

I need some :)

tattoos are for the white trash and poor..............thats why i have 5 good sized ones :flipoff2:

go to this site www.bmezine.com they have a pretty good area on tats and other body mods.........before you get a tat make sure you go to the shop and ask to see some pic of their work and hang for a bit to see if you like how the artist works with other customers and make sure the shop is CLEAN.......have had good luck with Ink Well here in winston-salem, if you go there get barry to do your work......good luck on the tat search :beer:

Don't know how old you are, but I can tell you most of my buddies that got them in college or around that time have since had them removed or wanted them removed. They just didn't fit into the business world very well. My wife has one that is in a very descrete place, but she too wishes it were gone. Tatoos had started becoming really "trendy" around the time I as in college, that alone made me not want one. Getting one because eveyone else has one is sorta like parchute pants or a memebers only jacket (if anyone remembers those) kinda brands you as a follower. If they really mean something to you or an occasion you never want to forget , I guess I can understand it. Just remeber it'll be there when they are changing your adult diapers in the nursing home, but then again it could be a helluva conversation piece to the 20something nurse thats giving you a sponge bath. :huggy:

haha. everything said is true. i have wanted one for a couple of years so i know i want one. i am going to get just a little black one on my shoulder blade on the right side. nothing to big and something with meaning.

ill let youall know how it comes out.

tyler

ps. im 20

BIGWOODY said:
Don't know how old you are, but I can tell you most of my buddies that got them in college or around that time have since had them removed or wanted them removed. They just didn't fit into the business world very well. My wife has one that is in a very descrete place, but she too wishes it were gone. Tatoos had started becoming really "trendy" around the time I as in college, that alone made me not want one. Getting one because eveyone else has one is sorta like parchute pants or a memebers only jacket (if anyone remembers those) kinda brands you as a follower. If they really mean something to you or an occasion you never want to forget , I guess I can understand it. Just remeber it'll be there when they are changing your adult diapers in the nursing home, but then again it could be a helluva conversation piece to the 20something nurse thats giving you a sponge bath. :huggy:

Members Only!!! I had several of those. Man I looked good back then.

Being a big Star Trek fan, on my right shoulder arm I have cloaked Klingon Battle Cruiser. ;)

JB

Never desired to have a TAT...but if /when i changed my mind I think I would get swamper tracks.... or Boggers tracks with "Chicks dig Boggers" below it! :)

i like that idea shinton. maybe if i was a little intoxicated i would get that one but.
keep the ideas comen

tyler

DO NOT be drunk when you do it. Most reputable tatoo places won't even do it if your drunk. Alcohol thins the blood and you bleed a lot more while your getting the tat.

Kevin Lawler said:
Maybe you should try this to see if you are gonna like it. :flipoff2:
Isn't that kind of like putting 35" tires and a winch on a truck you only drive to work and Walmart? :D

rob, i was joking. thanks for the warning though.

tyler

BIGWHITE said:
Members Only!!! I had several of those. Man I looked good back then.

I still wear members only jackets in the fall... :D I love them, they are so comfortable!!!

-Jon

personally...not a fan of tattoos...

but I would definitely recommend getting something that can be covered, and something tasteful...

a friend of mine has his dad's name in Chinese/Japanese (I have no idea) tattood on his back...as his dad died while he was in high school...it means something very important to him...

I wouldn't put a picture of a vehicle or person...but I've always thought this one is kind of cool and tasteful:

IMG_2654.sized.jpg

Greg

Just 5 more payments, and this tat is all mine...

Back