Tax check WTF?

BIGWOODY

I just went crazy in the Wachovia Bank I've been going to for the last 20 years or so. I moved last year and never got my state refund, I notified the right peeps and the check showed up earlier this week. I then went to Wachovia to deposit it, made out in mine and my wifes name. I got my wife to leave work and meet me at the bank because i know they are funny about depositing/cashing one without the spouse there. We get up to the teller and she asks me if my wife is on my account, I say no, never has been. They then tell me I have to add her if I want to deposit the check, I'm like wtf? She's standing right here with her id, how about cash it and then I'll deposit the cash? Nope can't do that either the teller says, I then ask if she's serious? Yes, I am. I'm fuming by now, got the wife off work tried to follow all the rules and once again they've changed. My wife says lets go next door to her bank BB&T and see what they say. They look at my id, know I'm not on her account, pass cash to us and say have a nice day. I then go back to Wachovia, continue my scene explaining that BB&T had no problem with this , what is theres? After the run around I then walk to the service desk and ask to close all my accounts, that's right all of them...My primary business, my newly formed LLC for property holding, My checking, savings, IRA's etc... I'm no big fish, but I'm a little more than the average Joe depositing his check every week. The customer service woman then tells me it would be a lot of trouble and did I really want to fool with moving all that? I explained the fact they won't take a Gov. check with both parties present for a small amount like $850 is what is inconvinient and this is the last time it's going to happen.I added that it's the pricipal, that's how I operate, I paid my way out of a cell phone deal to the tune of $300 out of principal, moving money from one bank to another is nothing to me to prove a pioint. Has anyone else had this happen or is it just my bank?

Sounds like a large load of crap. I dealt with CCB for years with no problems, then they became suntrust, and it has been nothing but trouble since. Everyone I know that has dealt with BB&T has had generally positive experiences. Wachovia/BofA/Suntrust, nothing but trouble.

I use a federal credit union. They just about call me by name when I walk through the door. No problems here.

Yes, I have. but not at just one bank, several of them. These days when someone sends me money, I request a postal Money Order. No hassle to cash. As far as refunds, I have them direct deposited. I get pissed off about everytime I go to the bank.

Amen businesses should suffer for being ignorant seems only the little guys ever suffer, big guys think they can fawk w/ you and it does not matter b/c you will either to lazy or cheap to make a change.

I called a machine shop yesterday at 4:50 for them to pick up some heads, they said call back tommorrow to have them picked up.........I said if i have to call twice ill just call someone else once. they were to lazy at 10 till five to make a note, well im to lazy to spend my money with them or make a 2nd phone call.

i'm with the State Employee's Credit Union and the only problem's i have with them is how long it takes for stuff to post to my online statement.

try cashing a check from another bank from someone out of town. Try cashing a postal money order. I bank with them. My brother works there, many issues with them.

I agree.
I hate Wachovia.
They screwed me when they bout Central Fidelity back in Va, (partly my own fault, but they helped. Free checking account, got changed to a min 1500$ balance free checking account, got hit with 50$ fee, then bounced some checks)
I swore I wouldn't deal with them.
When I bought my car after college, they had the best loan offer, so I said, "how bad can it be."
Well, they repo'd my car 6 months after that.
When I called to complain, they asked "Oh, did we repo the wrong Maxima?"
When I changed addresses, they had managed to DUPLICATE the loan. So their records had me buying TWO MAXIMAs on the same day.
With the same VIN.
They sent the repo guy to repo "one of them"
Since I was only making one payment.
After I get that all straightened out, had to drive 2 hours to get my car back, I head down to the beach about a month later for a week.
Inspection sticker expires while I'm down there, I get pulled for it by a bike cop I know.
She's mainly going to give me grief.
Runs my tags, they come back stolen.
When I got the car back from Wachovia, they flagged it as stolen in their system.
1 lawyer later, and a trip to court, I got my license back, (Driving a stolen car is bad in Va) etc etc.

So yea, I hate Wachovia.
And congratulations on closing all ties with them. I always liked BB&T. :)

I have dealt with BB&T. Their new "policy" of charging $5 to cash a check from their bank is a bunch of crap. I understand that I am not a customer there, but my client is and it HIS check. never had a problem doing that before. I now just take his checks to my bank which is not as convenient to my work.

I hate Fuckovia on principle...

But 2 words Greg - Direct Deposit.. :)

oh and on to banks my wifes father wrote her a check same banks his and hers, it was for 10k, but all they had to do is llok in his account and see if it was there, it was there check. basically they just did not want to cash it, it was for our wedding, anyways the lady got snooty w/ me. So I said fine handed her my credit card and said I would like a 10k cash advance on this card, and then I made her give it to me in 20's. she was pissed I was happy. then I deposited the check and wrote a ceck to my credit card company cost be about 8 dollars in interest telling the lady i wanted 10k in 20's priceless.

i bank with rbc centura,all but one here in town are good as gold,the other one is the main branch and they suck,i did some side work for company and they wrote me a check,they bank with walkalloveryou,i went in to cash this 300.00 check and the woman want's to charge 5.00,i'm like ma'am this is a payroll check,sorry we still have to charge 5.00,i said the last time i got robbed they had a gun on me,boy did that push her buttons,she said well you dont have to get it cashed here,i said you're fawking a right i dont i would rather take it to walmart and give those commie bastards 3.00 ,so off i went,this was before i had a bank account or i would have let rbc cash it,moral of the story is almost all banks SUCK

Get a Credit Union.
You will never go to a bank again.
I'm a member of the state employees credit union....they don't do anything with businesses. I do use them all the time for large quick sums of money . The ease of a phone call and picking up a check the same day are nice. I used Wachovia for years because my father was an EVP there for over 30 years and I was loyal, he's retired so fuggum.
The branch manager did just call me and start the phone hummer session..I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 6 digits I'm taking out of that place. I just opened my other business account there last week and made a good sized deposit in it, he did the deal and seems to be back peddling hard to keep us there.

The branch manager did just call me and start the phone hummer session..

Don't give him any credit until he starts to use his hand

I like the fact that you had the principal to pull out and wipe off. I would have done the same thing, but maybe during lunch, even if I had to wait till the next day, just to aggravate the heck out of them. Dealing with the SECU after closing ties with Walkalloverya since high school. Personal treatment is nice. Stick it to the man. Customer service is what drives 95% of my business decisions. A half a percent isnt worth some BS hassle.

I like the fact that you had the principal to pull out and wipe off. I would have done the same thing, but maybe during lunch, even if I had to wait till the next day, just to aggravate the heck out of them..
Trust me everyone in that bank knew what was going on ,customers included. I asked quite loudly if I have a check issued by the government with the watermark on it (I held it up to the light so they could all see) both parties are present to deposit the check into an account with 20times that amount of cash in it and they won't do it, then WTF is the point in having a relationship with the bank? I asked the customer service person this and several custromers in line (I was in rare form). The customer service rep. kept saying it was a government policy, I told her to either quit lying or read her company handbook, it wasn't the Govs. policy it was the BANKS policy. Otherwise BB&T would have never cashed it. Ugh...I'm still really pissed and most people that know me , know that's not something I'm know for.

Trust me everyone in that bank knew what was going on ,customers included. I asked quite loudly if I have a check issued by the government with the watermark on it (I held it up to the light so they could all see) both parties are present to deposit the check into an account with 20times that amount of cash in it and they won't do it, then WTF is the point in having a relationship with the bank? I asked the customer service person this and several custromers in line (I was in rare form). The customer service rep. kept saying it was a government policy, I told her to either quit lying or read her company handbook, it wasn't the Govs. policy it was the BANKS policy. Otherwise BB&T would have never cashed it. Ugh...I'm still really pissed and most people that know me , know that's not something I'm know for.
dude, that sounds hilarious, hate it for your trouble and agrravation though. If you had a helmet-cam on, you could've posted it to youtube and extended your fame beyond the 4x4 world! :huggy:

Walk-all-over-ya Just plan sucks
I had two checks from there bank one personal and one payroll, I wanted to go cash the personal check to make sure it was good because it was for a part I was going to ship out. when I was going to cash them I was told that there was a $5 charge per check to cash them as I did not have a checking acc with them but if I open one they would not charge me. I told them both checks are on there bank and there should not be a charge. It got heated and loud after a little time they cashed the personal check but not the other, I ask to talk to a head teller then the BM. I ask them to pull up my last name in the computer and see what came up. I ask if they still wanted to pull this shit. Was told No that they still had to charge $5 to cash it. I told her to watch as all the money on the computer by the am is gone. At this time we had already been in past close and the doors were locked and I made a call, ask mom and dad if all money and business is still in Walk-all-over-ya, they said yep, I said I'm setting there now and they will not cash a check on there own bank with out charging $5, would you please go first thing and close everything and move it to another bank. They did....

Trust me everyone in that bank knew what was going on.....

you didn't say bomb did you?

Sir, You can't say bomb!

Good on you Greg. I've personally never had any issues with Wack-all-over-you. (yes Wack, not Walk). Been using them for several years, but I wouldn't put it past any of the big banks to pull some shit like this. Banks are like insurance to me. a required evil.

hehe, the amusing part, go by there again,
"Just to make sure that all of my accounts are closed."
And be sure to let the branch ___________ (whatever they call they head of the branch. stupid titles) know who it was that cost them your business.
:)

I agree.
I hate Wachovia.
They screwed me when they bout Central Fidelity back in Va, (partly my own fault, but they helped. Free checking account, got changed to a min 1500$ balance free checking account, got hit with 50$ fee, then bounced some checks)
I swore I wouldn't deal with them.
When I bought my car after college, they had the best loan offer, so I said, "how bad can it be."
Well, they repo'd my car 6 months after that.
When I called to complain, they asked "Oh, did we repo the wrong Maxima?"
When I changed addresses, they had managed to DUPLICATE the loan. So their records had me buying TWO MAXIMAs on the same day.
With the same VIN.
They sent the repo guy to repo "one of them"
Since I was only making one payment.
After I get that all straightened out, had to drive 2 hours to get my car back, I head down to the beach about a month later for a week.
Inspection sticker expires while I'm down there, I get pulled for it by a bike cop I know.
She's mainly going to give me grief.
Runs my tags, they come back stolen.
When I got the car back from Wachovia, they flagged it as stolen in their system.
1 lawyer later, and a trip to court, I got my license back, (Driving a stolen car is bad in Va) etc etc.

So yea, I hate Wachovia.
And congratulations on closing all ties with them. I always liked BB&T. :)

Sounds like the time my dad deposited a check into HIS business account at Southern Community. It bounced, and somehow... they took the check amount + $35 out of MY account. 2 car payments, 1 insurance payment, and dozens of misc. checks bounce (each with accompanying A$$tronomical charges). Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been out of the fawkin country where it takes a month to get mail...

FoMoCredit would have come after the car if they could have found it... never figured out why they didn't call the bank to ask my dad's address! :shaking:

And MAJOR KUDOS Greg... you've got scrupples! :D

You should have held out for a free trip on their corporate jets, they have plenty.

I use to work for them, I wouldn't go back if you tripled my salary.

Greg,

Same kind of crap led me to take everything I had from Wachovia and head back to BB&T.... BB&T's small but I've never had one issue with them as of yet while at Wachovia it was a headache on about a monthly basis...

Enough is enough in my book...

Back