I've been wheeling the Titan off and on since 2008, but I have really always missed having the visibility and manueverability of a smaller truck like I had with my old D21. I decided (ok, ok, Rebecca and I decided) to look for a used Jeep. After spending a day learning the many different variations and options, we decided that I wanted a TJ Rubicon with the 4.0L. We found my TJ in Birmingham and went up to pick it up for $16k with 133k. It had clearly never been off-road, however it had been repainted and the Rubicon sticker had been reapplied in the wrong location, so I went through it and made dang sure it was a real Rubi. Everything was there and it was exactly what I was looking for. The test drive was smooth if a little underpowered, but no issues at all except for a lot of split loom in bad shape under the hood. So I signed the papers. On the way out, the check gauges light came on. The alternator had stopped charging the battery, but I didn't realize that at the time. I made it about 30 minutes from my house when the battery finally died and left me stranded and waiting on a tow truck. The next day, I replaced the alternator and still, no charging. Traced the wiring back and found a pair of wires grounded out on the oil dipstick support. I replaced the split loom and solved that issue. The next day I ran out to have a spare key made, and on the way back, the right front brake caliper partially seized up. I made it home this time, but the rotor, pads, caliper, and wheel bearing were toast. So the truck had broken down twice in the first 24 hours. At least I know now that everything outside the axle housing is new. We took it almost immediately for a 2000 mile road trip and it did great except for kicking a code for an O2 sensor that I changed out along the way. Gas mileage was awful, but that turned out to be due to original plugs at 136k. After that trip, I turned around and took it wheeling to Hollerwood park in Kentucky. It did great with the new set of Cooper STT pros, and it was a blast to have the top off of, minus all the mud. Last week, I replaced the entire cooling system and later this week I will be changing the transmission filter and fluid, along with finishing off the front driveshaft rebuild.