The Little Blue Truck

06CA738E-CAAF-4E0B-B622-9F1EFC88FD47.jpeg

Using a 3.4 ps kit on a 3.0 cab kinda sucks. But I figured out that utilizing the charcoal canister mount bracket was perfect. It would mount with bending the ears a bit but was contacting the hood when closed.

I cut a plate to transfer the TG reservoir mounting plate to canister place. In short, you could not mount the reservoir and bracket from the kit. The lower part of the TG bracket had to be cut to fit. And then cut again to clearance.

F6EE7F4C-5361-45AD-8F90-842092F9A116.jpeg

Good times that took way too long but it’s plumbed. Not tightened down but plumbed. I plan to replace the TG ps cooler with a heat sink when I get all my crap sorted out. Too much to finish to worry about the PS cooler for the moment. To continue the motor swap turmoil, the cooler was too tight next to the mechanical fan so I’m mounting it on the outside. Still plenty of room to mount a fan behind the grille if I need.

AA47451A-B6D3-480A-9F04-B5C149784CB6.jpeg

This thing left my yard a couple months ago. It’s been up to 40mph and was smooth.

Tube work is being modified, sheet metal is getting cut and it will have a new windshield soon.

Next is wiring winches, and fabbing up sliders for the heated leather JK seats, bed skins and an copped up tail gate. Also a center console with cup holders and controls for heated seats.

FE5269F8-D45F-4BEA-A652-8C41E60CDAC5.jpeg

Got a new windshield today! Got feedback from the installer as to where the spreader bar by the wipers can go so it’s not in the way if/when it needs a new one. :rockon:

EE02B93E-D605-4C0E-A9F8-3C4157EE044E.jpeg

This pic makes me realize it’s about time to dig the good (or formally good) hood out from under all the leaves.

“What kinda Toyota seats are those?” you might ask yourself…

Well they are seats in a Toyota.

More specifically they are heated leather JK seats just to break up the all Toyota parts build list.:rockon:

8B3A3A05-F7DE-4DB5-B0D1-E731C4E73BCD.jpeg

So while I want a set of racelines… I have a set of reverse mount 17s with rim stiffeners and whatever offset. I’m thinking about getting a good ‘ol fashioned set of 38” SXs to properly ride the bunny trails. It will help some with clearances up front, gear ratio and not cut up my mall crawling shoes.

I have no delusions of grandeur with this piles ability to wheel. It’s long, leaf spring and underpowered compared to the cool kids. I’m ok hauling the sammiches and winch long half the day to keep up.

I really just want to drive it anywhere. Grocery store, drop the kids off at school or hopefully go wheeling one day.

Got some brake and marker lights figured out. Even though these trailer lights say they are turn signals too I could never get them to work properly with the factory Toyota wires.

272AF9F4-DFF4-45EB-8505-16EA8AAAA342.jpeg

Assuming these lights won’t work as turn signals (please correct me if I’m wrong) I’m looking at small leds for turn signals like the Jeeps folk run on tube fenders up front.

Eyeballing these.

D7B4DAC3-C22C-4536-8C2D-7A8EA19AD5FD.png

Is there another better option? Are these GTG?

I think I’m going to run a tube across the back of the bed by the lights and hang the Toyota SR5 tailgate skins and figured I’d cut a hole and mount these little leds for turn signals.

Aren’t Toyota signal lights triggered by ground instead of positive like normal? (I don’t know the proper electrical terminology)
I think the terminology is negative triggered (versus positive triggered).
Not that it helps you.

But if you can figure how the factory lights work we can probably point you to ways to make this LED thing happen.

Started wrenching at 9:30. 12 hours later it’s home and I managed to drive it 3/4 mile from where I unloaded the trailer without death wobble or getting pulled by the fuzz. Guess I’ll save that for tomorrow.

Still a CVS receipt long list of stuff to do but it’s home and able to limp around.

5A25936A-CCE8-47EA-A03E-5F03B9FAA51D.jpeg

It runs kinda shitty. Some sputtering etc mostly when getting into second at low RPM or when winding out a gear.

Going to check timing. Then have a buddy do a tune up and if it smooths out ok I will throw down on a timing belt and water pump.

Something is squeaky. Seems to be clutch pressure related and at speed. Not really sure about that but it’s suspect that something clutch related might be pissed from sitting so long

Probably looking at dropping everything and stabbing a clutch and the Marlin 4.7 competition kit sometime soon.

For now I’m over an hour and 20-40 miles deep just riding around Black Mountain without issue or being pulled over. Keeping fingers crossed…

1E00DE7C-A996-4697-9F73-023BC2B629AC.jpeg

1654D07F-AE9D-4285-B956-B7FBE5017B85.jpeg

A1B7CFAE-D850-4CD0-8E5E-DBB93C1BB5DF.jpeg

Still eyeball in rear. I’d like to get some skins in there or at least part of the tail gate.

44CAE100-7A87-4FB3-B419-27BB870DF53C.jpeg

Not a bad stance for 40s on leaf springs. I’m happy with the culmination of years of back yard struggle and despair. Really pleased that I’ve had to an estimated 45 mph with out catastrophic failure.

View attachment 393133

View attachment 393134

Still eyeball in rear. I’d like to get some skins in there or at least part of the tail gate.

View attachment 393135

Not a bad stance for 40s on leaf springs. I’m happy with the culmination of years of back yard struggle and despair. Really pleased that I’ve had to an estimated 45 mph with out catastrophic failure.
Just noticed the flags on the ground… first my apologies.

Now to ‘splain…

My son had the idea to wave flags for me when I got back. Super cute. The must have waited for an hour at least. Proud pops moment but I apologize for the flags being on the ground.

Flags are resting peacefully zip tied to the cage now.

Back