The New Scout????

Made in Blythewood, SC. Also probably gonna be like the revamp of the Cherokee or Blazer :shaking:

Man if they stay loyal to the simple is better and bring some of those body lines people will want them. If they manage to do it and not be another look at me price point all the more so.

If they did it with a reliable small diesel and had a simple trim with functionality over complication fork the sake of gadgetry the market would be for ever changed.

Man if they stay loyal to the simple is better and bring some of those body lines people will want them. If they manage to do it and not be another look at me price point all the more so.

If they did it with a reliable small diesel and had a simple trim with functionality over complication fork the sake of gadgetry the market would be for ever changed.
Never going to happen.

I call fruit cake POS

The IC engine is going the way of the Dodo. Honda doesn’t have a single vehicle in development with an IC engine.
... for consumer vehicles.
Trucking, and especially boat and air travel aren't going away from IC any time soon.

The IC engine is going the way of the Dodo. Honda doesn’t have a single vehicle in development with an IC engine.
Trucking, and especially boat and air travel aren't going away from IC any time soon.
Neither is power generation. EVs are just hiding the IC from the masses.

Neither is power generation. EVs are just hiding the IC from the masses.
Shifting the footprint to the back yard, where no one looks and makes you feel like you're doing your part

Shifting the footprint to the back yard, where no one looks and makes you feel like you're doing your part
It’s all about appearances. No one pushing the EV movement talks about child labor in mines or the death rate in those areas from heavy metal toxicity or what happens to all those batteries when the cars die.

I think in the not-to-distant-future we Americans will be stuck with only EV options while the rest of the world gets to keep their Toyota Hilux and fuel sippin diesels.

^This.

The practical mass answer with current technology and grid capability is hybrid diesels. How many hybrid diesels are available in the US? Zero. Yet they are prevalent in Europe, so the technology and producibility is there, but US regulations make it not profitable here. Instead we are full speed ahead on the EV agenda.

Last edited:
Those that try to make a case for ev’s remind me of the people who are against hunting, but have no problem eating meat.
That’s because of big Farma.

Check out Edison motors. Canadian company that's making hybrid diesel/electric semis. Still in the early production phase, but some cool stuff.

Check out Edison motors. Canadian company that's making hybrid diesel/electric semis. Still in the early production phase, but some cool stuff.
I have watched his channel since early on. He has no problem calling out big names and even Elon on his crap truck he made. Good stuff for sure from a grass roots standpoint!

Trains have been diesel electric hybrid since the 20s the difference is they use the power directly from the generator, the batteries are what make it complicated and not so green, but cars need to stop and go at will

2 examples of well executed hybrid design are the hybrid rav 4 and the ford maverick. I got 55mpg at 50mph out of a 2011 vw to golf with a 6 speed but the cali air resource board made them the devil for not using 70s era smog tech and lying about it

Scout motors is old news. They had some issues here too. Construction got shut down for improper permits. As for EV's last I looked Japan was going Hydrogen. Just ready about Walmart adding a Hydrogen fuel cell semi to their Canadian fleet with plans to go full scale with no carbon emissions.

I won’t be doing my part. Maybe some LA lib can buy two and pick up my slack.
i love this take.

um....you will do your part if you want to legally drive on public roads. its very quickly coming. the sheep masses just want to get in the car and go without having to put their phone down....they don't care where the power comes from. they want flasy brake lights and cool wheels.

cameras, backup beeps, radar and lidar, cylinder shutdown, engine start/stop, turbos, hybrids, ever increasing emission standards (that you voted for), subscription services, insurance companies plugging into OBD2, computers that you can't mod, and ever increasing tax dollars being used to prop up EV makers will render your thought process obsolete.

many states are outlawing Kei cars and older registrations. Don't think we won't be seeing a max age on cars soon. A mandatory cash for clunkers is coming the next time the auto industry takes a hit.

your gov't knows best, and they thank you.

or you'll stay at home or walk. that'll show them!

i love this take.

um....you will do your part if you want to legally drive on public roads. its very quickly coming. the sheep masses just want to get in the car and go without having to put their phone down....they don't care where the power comes from. they want flasy brake lights and cool wheels.

cameras, backup beeps, radar and lidar, cylinder shutdown, engine start/stop, turbos, hybrids, ever increasing emission standards (that you voted for), subscription services, insurance companies plugging into OBD2, computers that you can't mod, and ever increasing tax dollars being used to prop up EV makers will render your thought process obsolete.

many states are outlawing Kei cars and older registrations. Don't think we won't be seeing a max age on cars soon. A mandatory cash for clunkers is coming the next time the auto industry takes a hit.

Well, I guess we’ll cross that bridge when we get there homie. In the meantime, I ain’t buying one.

i love this take.

Two major flaws.
Cost not everyone can afford an ev even a 10year old one. Rural America still has plenty of people driving 20-30 year old vechicles because that's what they can afford. Take away their transportation and you going to have a huge gap in the labor force.

Our grids aren't setup to handle that kind of volume now much less in 10 years. Filled up yesterday on the way home. The gas station had 15 tesla chargers all full and 5 waiting to charge. Only one within 50 miles or so. Guy said he had been waiting an hour just to start charging.

Back