The proud parent thread.

Munchkin walked all over lowes (practically deserted) today and was into everything. Hes taking a few steps solo.

20200321_170541.jpg

Update: .....

Last edited:
Yall remember the daughter that coached the state champion v-ball team a few months back?

It's my youngest, D2.

She beat the virus her own way!
Yesterday I had the honor and privilege to officiate the wedding of Joshua Frank Love and Annika Arin Towe in a small fammily wedding.
It was planned for May 29th, but with all that's going on and having several friends (5 couples) already having to cancel, they decided to go ahead an marry.

Mr.&Mrs. Joshua Love and parents. ( Thats me in the navy shirt)

inlaws.jpg

So, empty nest this morning .... and allergies acting up. ( sniff sniff)

I cant believe it's been a year already. Munchkin is walking and talking and growin like a weed.

20200328_144848.jpg

20200328_145904.jpg

20200328_142324.jpg

20200328_190409.jpg

20200328_190941.jpg

Last edited:
Daughter got a 1550 on the SAT. Perfect math, 750 English. Which means I'm not paying for college.
35 on the ACT as well.
Can't get much prouder than that.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say...holy mother of f*ck, that's beyond impressive.

My son is 13, doing school all day online with the pandemic going around. He's not one for much screen time but doing ok with his school work. Yesterday I get home from work and he's mowed the yard (about 1.5 acres). We just moved in over the fall so it's the first time it's been mowed.

He had to move two outboard motors, a shelf full of parts and several other chunks out from behind the mower in the shed. Then he fiddled with it, got it running and mowed for a couple hours. Looked like a professional job, we walked the property after dinner and he went through all the challenges of the new yard.

Mower was back in the shed, shelf back inside and both motors back under cover. This kid never ceases to amaze me.

I'd like to take the opportunity to say...holy mother of f*ck, that's beyond impressive.
Y'all just don't know. This girl is just amazing. 4.5+ GPA. Girl Scouts. Boy Scouts (for girls) Section leader in band. President of the math club. And on and on.
School isn't challenging, so she keeps taking on more and more. Last year, she challenged 2 AP courses...self-studied, and passed the AP exams. That gets her no HS grade, but it gets her college credit. She spent probably a couple weekends actually looking at the material.
This year, she's challenging 4 AP courses, and asked the principal to let her have an extra online class period during lunch to knock out Spanish 2 so she doesn't have to waste a whole semester next year....so she can take 4 AP courses again.

I don't know where she gets all that.

Y'all just don't know. This girl is just amazing. 4.5+ GPA. Girl Scouts. Boy Scouts (for girls) Section leader in band. President of the math club. And on and on.
School isn't challenging, so she keeps taking on more and more. Last year, she challenged 2 AP courses...self-studied, and passed the AP exams. That gets her no HS grade, but it gets her college credit. She spent probably a couple weekends actually looking at the material.
This year, she's challenging 4 AP courses, and asked the principal to let her have an extra online class period during lunch to knock out Spanish 2 so she doesn't have to waste a whole semester next year....so she can take 4 AP courses again.

I don't know where she gets all that.
people like this make the rest of us look like slackers!

The fact that we may indeed actually be is, well... just coincidental....

people like this make the rest of us look like slackers!

The fact that we may indeed actually be is, well... just coincidental....

This is what I tell my daughter all the time.
Shes only 16 and a sophomore in high school.
Has never made a B, on a test, in her school life. Has completed one AP class already and about to finish another, as a sophomore. Ranked 2nd in her class..
Team captain on both softball and volleyball teams.
Volunteers at an animal rescue because she wants to be a vet. Is an officer in the FFA and FCA and class vice president.

Then about two weeks ago something clearly bothering her as the school from home stuff starts...she is quite the turtle it takes a ton to get her out of her shell....I finally get her talking and she just breaks down.
If we dont go back to school I can complete my class engineering project or finish my national ffa project. Without those I may never get accepted into Clemson (her dream not mine)....

She got mad when I laughed. Babe you are on Ivy track if you want it. Clemson, NC ST, UNC, SC, etc are going to throw money at you. Just relax and breathe...

I have no clue where she gets her drive from...

Has never made a B, on a test, in her school life. Has completed one AP class already and about to finish another, as a sophomore. Ranked 2nd in her class..
Volunteers at an animal rescue because she wants to be a vet. Is an officer in the FFA and FCA and class vice president.

Then about two weeks ago something clearly bothering her as the school from home stuff starts...she is quite the turtle it takes a ton to get her out of her shell....I finally get her talking and she just breaks down.
If we dont go back to school I can complete my class engineering project or finish my national ffa project. Without those I may never get accepted into Clemson (her dream not mine)....

She got mad when I laughed. Babe you are on Ivy track if you want it. Clemson, NC ST, UNC, SC, etc are going to throw money at you. Just relax and breathe...

This is one of the areas I pray to God that my children follow my wife's behavior. Often times I wonder how things would have been different, had I not been a delinquent. My junior year, I was such a disruption in my AP environmental class, I was forced to teach the last week of the class (after the exam). The teacher/administration thought it would embarrass me, they were wrong, that punishment only lasted 2 days. Then my senior year, loaded up on 5 AP classes, so I could contend for valedictorian...a week in to that said f*ck it, I'm playing ball...and dropped back to all freshman classes. College, I'm not even sure I ever even took the plastic off a book.

Last edited:
Volunteers at an animal rescue because she wants to be a vet. Is an officer in the FFA and FCA and class vice president....

I'll put you in touch with my cousin, who has her own large animal mobile practice and runs a cattle operation as well as a breeding operation with her husband.

I'll put you in touch with my cousin, who has her own large animal mobile practice and runs a cattle operation as well as a breeding operation with her husband.
That would be her dream.
You know how most little girls are in love with horses? That is Kylie and cows.
She thinks they are th greatest and wants to be a vet largely to help cows and to be around them. Miss priss, 100% girls, but he will stomp through some cow shit and feed them and not bat an eye...

I'm sure you're aware on this and on it, but if she's never gotten less than an A... be sure she knows how to fail gracefully. It would actually be very good for her to struggle with some things and underperform, and learn how to deal with not being perfect before the real world hits her.

I'm sure you're aware on this and on it, but if she's never gotten less than an A... be sure she knows how to fail gracefully. It would actually be very good for her to struggle with some things and underperform, and learn how to deal with not being perfect before the real world hits her.

That's what sports are great at...I said she was a team captain not an all star ;)
Shes the girl EVERYONE cheers when she gets a hit

Ya, my cousin grew up with dairy cows and then did an internship with a pork operation during vet school at State.

I'll be in touch.

My daughter fits this, and luckily, she also plays basketball. Meaning, she sits on the bench. Absolutely zero athletic ability, but she loves to play. Loves to practice. And she's not afraid to put a butt on someone and move them out of the way, either.

But she doesn't play much, so that helps keep her humble.

Our little bookworm loves to "read". Now if we can just teach him that books are friends, not food lol.

20200416_215813.jpg

Had an old point and shoot camera my kids have been using as a ‘phone’ for months...charged it up today and told my oldest to go nuts taking pics. Had a couple turn out that I didn’t think were bad for a 3 yr old...at the very least seemed like a ‘creative eye’ to me...

31DA360D-6F0A-43FA-B211-4AC91ED0002F.jpeg
EBA23279-E738-41B1-92C3-DE4D37192530.jpeg

Its amazing how much this little girl has learned in the last month while my wife has been home with her. It's got me thinking about how much I would love for my wife to be a stay at home mom, but financially for us, it just doesn't make sense. The other night, I was rocking her right before bed and I usually talk to her about her day and tell her a little made up story and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.... soon, I wont be able to rock her before bed, She won't look at me the same or say things in her funny little language and that makes me sad. Funny how things hit you in different ways and at weird times. Calvary will be 2 in 2 weeks and I am REALLY trying to soak up all I can with her, especially now that I usually get to see her at lunch too!

Attachments

• LyndsieSmith3.jpeg
    LyndsieSmith3.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 151
Back