Then... there’s this CLOWN!

BigSouth

Doesn't play well with others!

I’ve obviously made poor choices in life. What does this guy do, aside from being an annoying douche, to make that kind of money?

The bank probably owns all of it.

New gen Dana 44 and 700 hp seems like a great idea.

I’ve obviously made poor choices in life. What does this guy do, aside from being an annoying douche, to make that kind of money?
I'm betting either (1) tech job or (2) family money

YouTube money

^This. Ad revenue is enough for some channels to fund this kind of fuckery if the person has a good enough day job and puts effort into their channel. Some can even survive completely on the channel revenue if it is big enough. There is some good automotive content out there but this dude is a goober.

VinWiki Car Stories is by far my favorite automotive channel.

YouTube money

If you follow football, you might recognize the name Will Grier, if not, no biggie. However, he was just drafted by the Carolina Panthers and his total contract value is just shy of $4mil over 4 years...and I say that for a bit of perspective for the following info. His father, Chad, and my wife worked together for a few years at Davidson Day School. We became decent family friends, and they have two other sons...both 'YouTube Sensations'. Both started around the middle school age, and I don't think either of them are of legal drinking age yet. Last number I heard, the older (Nash) has a net worth of $3-4mil, and the younger (Hayes) is making about $125k/yr. Let that sink in for a second...to me, that's nuts.

If you follow football, you might recognize the name Will Grier, if not, no biggie. However, he was just drafted by the Carolina Panthers and his total contract value is just shy of $4mil over 4 years...and I say that for a bit of perspective for the following info. His father, Chad, and my wife worked together for a few years at Davidson Day School. We became decent family friends, and they have two other sons...both 'YouTube Sensations'. Both started around the middle school age, and I don't think either of them are of legal drinking age yet. Last number I heard, the older (Nash) has a net worth of $3-4mil, and the younger (Hayes) is making about $125k/yr. Let that sink in for a second...to me, that's nuts.

Don’t forget Instagram as well. It’s insane the money some people make on social media. I hate that I just gave that douche another view.
Dan Bilzerian is part of the scum of the earth as far as I’m concerned, but labeled the “king of Instagram” and makes millions off IG alone.

As for this douche, he really gets on my nerves. It’s a strange world we live in, I feel like the wheeling most of us do is way more interesting, but according to my small amount of followers that is not the case lol.

Last edited:
Personally, I think it's a shame that Dan Bilzerian didn't get shot at the Vegas massacre.

(Because for 'influencers' of his ilk, the first thing you logically do when you see a girl get shot in the head is pull your phone out and start live streaming.)

I feel like the wheeling most of us do is way more interesting, but according to my small amount of followers that is not the case lol.

Time and effort put into the content goes a long way in social media. There are metrics for growing "your brand" that if followed, work incredibly well. But time and effort are still required. MadRam and BustedKnuckle laid the groundwork in the wheelin' community.

Time and effort put into the content goes a long way in social media. There are metrics for growing "your brand" that if followed, work incredibly well. But time and effort are still required. MadRam and BustedKnuckle laid the groundwork in the wheelin' community.

These metrics were something for the race shop that I totally didn't understand to start with. We had certain clientele we wanted to target, we wanted to be said in the same breath as some of the elites. We'd post up our work, the 'non-elites' usually had no clue what they were looking at and they knew a guy that 'could do the exact same thing for 1/4 the cost'...and the 'elites' wouldn't give us the time of day because they didn't know who dafuq we were. Then you start studying what's getting shared in your target market, what's getting the most hits...we got more views and which lead to more phone calls after posting a video of getting headers cherry red on junk engine than we did a $30k engine build...we got more views doing burnouts and doughnuts than the actual race videos. In my mind, that made us relatable, something the average joe thought was cool and then did the free advertising for us. That video catches the attention of a legit customer, you've set the hook, then you reel them in with the fancy stuff. Once that model was identified (be a jackass to get attention, then dazzle the legit buyers), it made life a lot less stressful. Now as we post stuff, can damn near call what the metrics are going to tell you, that $20k in paint will get 800 views or that Ford blue painted hub cap will get 8,000 views (relatable) or that dumbass burnout in a shit box with an American flag will get 50,000 views, etc etc.

These metrics were something for the race shop that I totally didn't understand to start with. We had certain clientele we wanted to target, we wanted to be said in the same breath as some of the elites. We'd post up our work, the 'non-elites' usually had no clue what they were looking at and they knew a guy that 'could do the exact same thing for 1/4 the cost'...and the 'elites' wouldn't give us the time of day because they didn't know who dafuq we were. Then you start studying what's getting shared in your target market, what's getting the most hits...we got more views and which lead to more phone calls after posting a video of getting headers cherry red on junk engine than we did a $30k engine build...we got more views doing burnouts and doughnuts than the actual race videos. In my mind, that made us relatable, something the average joe thought was cool and then did the free advertising for us. That video catches the attention of a legit customer, you've set the hook, then you reel them in with the fancy stuff. Once that model was identified (be a jackass to get attention, then dazzle the legit buyers), it made life a lot less stressful. Now as we post stuff, can damn near call what the metrics are going to tell you, that $20k in paint will get 800 views or that Ford blue painted hub cap will get 8,000 views (relatable) or that dumbass burnout in a shit box with an American flag will get 50,000 views, etc etc.

And that is just content based. Then go down the rabbit hole of post optimization. Making your posts at key times throughout the day based on when the user is most likely viewing the app/platform, making a post every X amount of hours to keep you relevant in the feed algorithms, using specific hash tags to increase the reach by tapping into stuff users are subscribed to etc.

And that is just content based. Then go down the rabbit hole of post optimization. Making your posts at key times throughout the day based on when the user is most likely viewing the app/platform, making a post every X amount of hours to keep you relevant in the feed algorithms, using specific hash tags to increase the reach by tapping into stuff users are subscribed to etc.

Absolutely...it really is pretty insane to watch it work. As a numbers guy, I've actually experimented with that when playing with Facebook shares to various groups. You post an hour too soon you get 30% of the response. You have something that already has 100k views and $30 doesn't sound too bad to boost that number to 500k (usually make your money back in 15 minutes and one single sale). Hashtags still aren't something I've figured out, but Paul has, so he handles most the IG stuff. But the analytics behind it are absolutely fascinating to me and something I could discuss for hours.

Yes this. My wife sells ThirtyOne (hand bags) and in some conference they went over certain Instagram algorithms about when to post, what to follow, and how you should stay online looking at things at least 15 minutes after a post. Not just post and then get off. I don’t remember the specifics, you explained it better than me. I just don’t have the time to devote to all that. Maybe the next time I roll my Jeep I can get my video to go viral, get my $7,000, sell my turd and buy another turd and repeat...

I used to watch this fat kid who’s dad was on meds and would rage all the time and trash the house. He’d prank the dad and antagonize him to get him mad and show his ass. Their progression went from a shitty single wide trailer to a couple of very nice houses in about a 10 year span. Hell, the dad drove a 57 Chevy before it was all over with. Neither had a job other than YouTube. I think I read somewhere they raked in about $300,000 a year between them off of a few channels. The main channel would be the rage scene, the other channel would be the aftermath/cleanup, and another was a story/cooking segment. The old man died and the channel has pretty much died with him. He was what everyone wanted to see. Here’s just one thousands of rages if you have the time.

Didn't click the video but saw enuf of the preview on my phone to know I wasn't gonna watch it,too many hand gestures for me.

Back