This Christmas is going to be different.

49willys

Mom and Dad are staying home this year, got a good rona scare from the school yesterday, best friends sister is home with the rona, customers want their stuff by X-mas (that didn't change), been working too much, getting time off is almost impossible.

On a brighter note, please post things that are going well, I'll start my mother in law is not coming for Christmas!

Baby girl is growing and her siblings love helping and holding her.

20201210_100807.jpg

I have a job and I don't have 'rona. I didn't have to sell my home that we just moved in to and I was able to buy the kids Christmas gifts. I'd say I'm doing all right.

I think it will be the first Christmas of my life that I won't see my parents.

I echo what @McCracken said though. We are doing alright.

Got me a covid kid...#3 will be here in July. Dad had a successful heart valve replacement and all restrictions will be lifted the first week of January. The rest of the family is happy and healthy...so things are good.
Congrats man! Who's the dad? :flipoff2:

@77GreenMachine probably said Ben’s wife was hot and all bets are off after that. Although this might be the first instance of that line ever working for Phil :lol:

On a more serious note, I’m healthy and so are the people I care about. I’m flooded with work at the moment and it doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Better than sitting around for a few months like I expected. Leaving for California on New Year’s Day to work for at least 4 weeks and I’m bringing my childhood friend of 24+ years with me to try out road life. I’ve got great friends to surround myself with, even if I can’t see most of them because of covid. Life is good :)

We're all healthy (as far as I know).Buisness has been good,lots of folks buying shit they don't need.Jake has about a month off before his spring semester starts and he's been working w me and hopefully we can finally get his Caddi on the road.I bitch and worry about alot of things but it about as good as it could be under the circumstances.

To echo most of you: wife and I have jobs, we keep the bills paid, groceries on the table, kids are gonna have a good Christmas, my immediate family is healthy, and drama is at a minimum. I’ve got some crud at the moment, but I tested negative for the rona, so that’s a plus. All is good. Cant ask for much more.

My folks are driving down from Boone this afternoon to do a 'socially distanced Christmas' outside. We'll be wearing masks, sitting apart, and trying to avoid politics since my Communist sister is in town. (Not even joking... but she's pretty cool and we love her no matter how stupid she is.)

Mainly we are doing it this way because my mom's twin sister is undergoing some intensive chemo for a brain tumor, and my mom wants to be ready and able to leave at the drop of a hat to go be with her. That mean's she absolutely can't catch anything, not even a cold.

If it weren't for that, we'd all be flipping middle fingers towards our Governor and enjoying a large and delightful family Christmas party around the tree.

Oh well, at least my outside Christmas lights look awesome. We can bathe in their glowing beauty while we freeze to death opening presents.

My folks are driving down from Boone this afternoon to do a 'socially distanced Christmas' outside. We'll be wearing masks, sitting apart, and trying to avoid politics since my Communist sister is in town. (Not even joking... but she's pretty cool and we love her no matter how stupid she is.)

Mainly we are doing it this way because my mom's twin sister is undergoing some intensive chemo for a brain tumor, and my mom wants to be ready and able to leave at the drop of a hat to go be with her. That mean's she absolutely can't catch anything, not even a cold.

If it weren't for that, we'd all be flipping middle fingers towards our Governor and enjoying a large and delightful family Christmas party around the tree.

Oh well, at least my outside Christmas lights look awesome. We can bathe in their glowing beauty while we freeze to death opening presents.
I'm of the same attitude. Wifes parents came down and we did the same yesterday. Reasons aren't as strong, but their fear is great even if the threat isn't, so I do my best to respect that.

I will echo, echo others as well. Everyone is healthy, my kids and son in-laws all have great jobs in great fields, my two grand kids from daughter 1 are healthy and I am getting another grandson in April from daughter 2 (the other two need to wait a while..lol). It is normally just us and kids for Christmas as all of our family live in Indiana. The only change to this year is we will be celebrating our Christmas late in the evening instead of early morning as it is my oldest daughter's year to work in the ER Christmas day. We are blessed and grateful for everything.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Just hanging out with my 2 closest friends who are more like family than my real family.

I'm healthy and 2020 finished on a positive note. I am grateful for my position in life and the opportunities 2021 will bring. Time to charge full speed ahead !

Happy holidays everyone !

Despite this screwed up year, a lot to be thankful for.

My son and our 4 year old grand daughter moved in. It was by our invitation as her mom left them and with covid, he lost both jobs as a chef. It's been great though as we get to watch her grow and come out of her shell. Can't wait for tomorrow when she goes nuts with presents.

I had both knees replaced this year, lost over 60 lbs and really feel good. Even survived a run in with a mini bike.

My daughter presented us with another new grand daughter who I will see in a few days when we head to Chattanooga for New Years.

The family is healthy, the Jeep is together and I had time to spend with my CTB family over the year.

Merry Christmas to my NC4x4 family.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back