This is a pitch for you(all of you)

davidselite737

Hey guys most of you dont know me, but I'm here to give a pitch to you. There's a church I've started going to here lately and it has really began to change my life, and it is so awesome, It's called Calvary Chapel of the Triad, and It's located in Kernersville, NC, in the old Amp wharehouse beside the auto shop on East Bodenhammer st. I'd like to invite all of you to Sunday service @ 9:15am, hey they dont even pass a plate, I know this is wierd but maybe someone would like to come. Cause im sure ill meet some of you in the future on the trails, and I dont want to miss the oppurtunity to share the gift of eternal life and Jesus Christ. Thanks so much guys have a blessed day. PM if you need directions or go to www.reachthetriad.com

spammer

Well:
1) He's been around ~18 months
2) He has 21 other posts, all about wheeling
Im not sure Id call him a spammer.
I mean maybe he is just fired up about his new find. If you found a cool new store or music or whatever I can see it reasonable to post here for everyone.

I wont be joining him, but I dont necessarily think its a horrible occurence he posted this. He isnt preaching, no repent or burn lecture, and as long as it doesnt start a trend, bleh whats the big deal.

All that said I see this ending either A) deleted by mod or B) very badly

x2 - he doesn't seem to be trying to sell anything just spread the word about he thinks is cool.

I'm going to go ahead before it happens and ask the board that we avoid a religious argument here, if you want to go with him cool, if not whatever, but lets take a step above and try and refrain from getting into a slanderous argument about religion here, that won't benefit anyone and just get us mad at each other.

I tend to agree with SkyHiK5 and jrraw23... it's just an invitation.

See Forum Etiquette: Invitations to religious ceremonies or programs, and requests or offers of good thoughts or prayer are acceptable.

Appreciate the invite! Thanks for having the guts to stand up for your faith! Hang in there!

Matt 5:11 "Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake."

lets take a step above and try and refrain from getting into a slanderous argument about religion here, that won't benefit anyone and just get us mad at each other.

Matt 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God." :)

...hey they dont even pass a plate...

I find it kind of humorous that somebody would consider that part of a "sales pitch" for a church...

I've been attending the same church since I was ~17 months old, and consider it an honor to be able to place my tithe in the plate...

not bashing...just noting something different...

Greg

David, glad to see you step out on a limb, and as stated above, since this is an invite, no issues with forum rules, etc.

(For those not in the know, we do have an area called the Garage that donating members have access to, and anything/including religous discussions are allowed)

I go down the street from you at the Kville Friends Mtg, have heard lots of good things about you folks down there at Calvary!

Sam

x2 - he doesn't seem to be trying to sell anything just spread the word about he thinks is cool.
I'm going to go ahead before it happens and ask the board that we avoid a religious argument here, if you want to go with him cool, if not whatever, but lets take a step above and try and refrain from getting into a slanderous argument about religion here, that won't benefit anyone and just get us mad at each other.

I just got light headed. I think I agree with Ricky on something. Someone please call 911.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the Valley of Darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers... and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

:huggy:

Amen Brother Rich :popcorn:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the Valley of Darkness; for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers... and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

:huggy:

samuel_jackson_john_travolta_pulp_fiction_accidental_shooting.jpg

funny guy mike,lol thanks guys for the support just had to get that out there last night.

I find it kind of humorous that somebody would consider that part of a "sales pitch" for a church...
I've been attending the same church since I was ~17 months old, and consider it an honor to be able to place my tithe in the plate...
not bashing...just noting something different...
Greg
I was raised in a church that passes the plate, but my church I go to now doesn't pass a plate either. We have tall wooden boxes in the back, and I like it that way. In fact, one sunday our pastor joked around by saying "the tall wooden boxes are in the back because we thought it would be too difficult to pass them around!"

I was raised in a church that passes the plate, but my church I go to now doesn't pass a plate either. We have tall wooden boxes in the back, and I like it that way. In fact, one sunday our pastor joked around by saying "the tall wooden boxes are in the back because we thought it would be too difficult to pass them around!"

understood...having some method is just fine, it just came across as if there was nothing there...

we use ours to collect tithes, visitor cards, prayer requests, etc...

cool deal either way...

Greg

Slight hijack, but if anyone knows of any groovy similar churches in the SW Hickory area, I'm still looking for a new home church...
I like the Hickory Assembly of God, but it's like a 30 minute drive, and I'd like something closer if possible...
(realizing of course that certainly sacrifices may have to be made, etc, just checking)

will try to find out for you if there are any some ppl at our church know of

Back