Thoughts please

I've never had someone go through breast cancer. My MIL had a really hard road with stage III stomach cancer. But its been ten years and she's doing great.

Prayers for you and the fam getting through this.

Update: my mom went into surgery today at 12:15. Just got a call from my dad that things went just as expected. They removed approximately a golf ball sized mass from her breast and everything else looked perfectly normal. They also conducted a biopsy sample from her armpit lymph-nodes and will be getting those results in a few days (not sure because of the holiday schedule). The Dr. was very reassuring that things should be fine but waiting to see what the road ahead holds for after care and checkups. She was very fortunate that this was caught so early due to just having completed her yearly mammogram.

On that note make your lady friends get their mammograms!!

Thank You all for your thoughts and prayers it means a lot to have so much support!!
Oh, and Merry Christmas!

A phone call tonight ripped me at my core. My moms results came back from the biopsy of her lymph nodes and she is going back in Tuesday to discuss options for a double mastectomy and removal of her lymph nodes. They found abnormal cells. I’m at a loss as everything went so smoothly. She has a great Dr. I’m still holding onto hope and I know my mom is strong. I also know that others have had it way worse but I guess maybe I’m being selfish because this hits closer to home. Maybe I just need to write this out to help me understand why I’m crying although things are so unknown. I don’t know but I’m having a beer and cuddling my wife and dogs extra close tonight.

So sorry to hear this. Continued prayers for your mom, your family, and her doctors.

I also know that others have had it way worse but I guess maybe I’m being selfish
Others aren't YOUR mom

I'm so sorry bro. But this is a time to BE selfish if there ever was one.
This is your mom!! In a similar boat. Rowing similar waters. Praying for y'all

So sorry to hear this brother. Its a tough thing to go through especially when it's momma. We will keep her and your family in our thoughts and prayers. It can get lonely and dark while waiting for results from test or while recovering from operations, if you need to talk or vent or anything at all call me anytime 336-705-0728.

A phone call tonight ripped me at my core. My moms results came back from the biopsy of her lymph nodes and she is going back in Tuesday to discuss options for a double mastectomy and removal of her lymph nodes. They found abnormal cells. I’m at a loss as everything went so smoothly. She has a great Dr. I’m still holding onto hope and I know my mom is strong. I also know that others have had it way worse but I guess maybe I’m being selfish because this hits closer to home. Maybe I just need to write this out to help me understand why I’m crying although things are so unknown. I don’t know but I’m having a beer and cuddling my wife and dogs extra close tonight.
The unknown is what sucks.

It's like being in a race for your life where you don't know how much of a head start the other bastard has or even where the finish line is.

The strong keep going. They just have to have confidence that they are running their race, their way.. F the rest of it.

The unknown is what sucks.

It's like being in a race for your life where you don't know how much of a head start the other bastard has or even where the finish line is.

The strong keep going. They just have to have confidence that they are running their race, their way.. F the rest of it.

When Maddilyn was diagnosed I remember a conversation with one of her doctors. He wanted to make sure that we were coping with the diagnosis and understood the treatment plan etc and I remember telling him "we can't fix this by going back in time or playing 'what if.' We have to keep going forward, one day at a time." Some days were undoubtedly harder than others but never give up. If you need anything drop me a message.

Duane

Really sorry to read that. I'm so hoping for the best outcome. Just be there for her, that's what she needs...I know you are

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

This is hard for me, gone thru this a few times with friends and family, lost some good people, all we're trying.

Sometimes it last's too long, sometimes it's short, my hopes and prayers go out to you, remember them for who they are and what they have done.

My step father passed last year, skin cancer (he was going thru chemo) it spread to his bones and liver, he went from getting over it to a funeral in a week, my aunt had breast cancer 10 years ago and still will kick your ass!

Thanks Mr. Wizard for bringing science to kids who wouldn't have it. He was a retired science teacher and taught for 10 years with little or no pay.

Back