too competitive?

The guy I go wheeling with has a more capable rig then I do. He takes lines I can not take. We both still have fun. What it really gets down to is I could care less what anyone else thinks as long as I had fun.

I wheel with guys who have 35" and up tires. I have 33" tires and we road around all day at Uwharrie with a guy in a stock wrangler Rubicon one day.

But I am finally out of school, with a "real" job, no kids, no wife/girl, and a house that's paid for already so I feel that I can justify some of my expenditures... where as some people have their priorities in a different order, and do what they can to be as active as possible within the sport. Since I'm not tied down, I'll make the long hauls to see trails that most can only see in the mags/boards, I'll pull all-nighters to be ready for the weekend, and I'll add the "high-priced" ticket items to my rig so that its one less thing likely to give me troubles on the trails.
:beer:

You basically described me to a T, all except for the paid for house. Most people (ex. my employees) don't understand that, but I make sacrifices elsewhere so I can play every weekend.

RIDE

I totally agree with Greg about those that show continually with the same problems with thier rigs. I have spent more than one 2AM ride with one individual trying to get his rig back to camp. I tend to shy away from him now. I will help anyone for as long as it takes, but eventually I will get tired of the same problem on the same rig.

I like to ride! Anyone want to go to Colorado for a week of riding, 3rd week in July??

I totally agree with Greg about those that show continually with the same problems with thier rigs. I have spent more than one 2AM ride with one individual trying to get his rig back to camp. I tend to shy away from him now. I will help anyone for as long as it takes, but eventually I will get tired of the same problem on the same rig.
I like to ride! Anyone want to go to Colorado for a week of riding, 3rd week in July??

"That guy" must be me :( Now you're going to Colorado, after you talked me out of taking my rig and I bought my plane ticket? :confused:

If given the ability you all would have tubed out LS1 buggies too. Face it, sports by nature are competitive and we all want to have the braggin rights around the fire.

Not true. I don't want a buggy. Never have and don't ever anticipate wanting one. I want a medium built full bodied Jeep that I can take where ever and not worry too much.

I can appreciate the time and craftsmanship that goes into making them but to be honest I am not impressed by buggies. It just isn't my thing.

Back