Torchmate 4400/4800 CNC table with Hypertherm 45xp

I cannot go over 2800 for the cutter so keep that in mind, thank you

You can't go wrong with hypertherm, they make machines and can provide a lot of help getting you started on the cnc.
That being said i have an 80 amp everlast machine that's cnc ready and comes with machine torch and it works very well too for a lot less. If you call them on the phone they will give you much better prices than the website.

With the way you work and the way your mind works i guarantee you will end up just hand cutting out 90% of the shit you imagine you'll use the cnc for so don't spend too much.

With the way you work and the way your mind works i guarantee you will end up just hand cutting out 90% of the shit you imagine you'll use the cnc for so don't spend too much.
What the what...

What the what...
It's a lot of time and work to draw, layout, arrange, and cut one or two parts. I love my vertical bandsaw for tasks like that.

It's a lot of time and work to draw, layout, arrange, and cut one or two parts. I love my vertical bandsaw for tasks like that.
Oh well yeah for a little part here and there yes your right.

That being said i have an 80 amp everlast machine that's cnc ready and comes with machine torch and it works very well too for a lot less. If you call them on the phone they will give you much better prices than the website
So I'm very serious on this for that price I saw, then I could buy both torches with the everlast. If you say it's good, I'm going with it

I'll sell you an ESAB PCM875 for $1200.

If money doesn't matter then buy hypertherm, if it does I'd look at Everlast and there 60 or 80 amp cnc ready machine.

If money doesn't matter then buy hypertherm, if it does I'd look at Everlast and there 60 or 80 amp cnc ready machine.
I mean it doesn't but it does lol

just paid for a new Everlast Plasma cutter with both a CNC torch and a Handheld torch!!
That little China Lotos Plasma cutter has served me very well for 6/7 yrs now but I had to buy a hand torch for this new one cause well, it's time to use a real machine when cutting by hand and stripping axles and such. Heck freaking yeah I'm exited for all this

View attachment 332305

I've got two of these on a spreader that work pretty well, the problem with magnets and sheet metal though is the way the magnetic field is shaped thin materials have very little attraction, beyond that they bend so much it's sketchy with a magnet. If you've got the height, an edge clamp is definitely the way to do it.
Anything over like a quarter inch is good to go though.
so I'm getting ready to order one of these that's good for 2200lbs. Are they really safe?? I for some reason can't help to think the stupid magnet fails in mid air and a 1/4" sheet of steel falls and takes out pretty much anything in it's way, including me lol. I'm usually all about get it and go but I'm very skeptical on this...and so is wifey
Would a 4 chain hoist be better? thanks

It's a lifting magnet, it is designed to lift. As long as you don't go over the rated capacity you will be good. And you should never be under it or place your hand under the plate at a pinch point. I used to work in a mold shop that used them all the time until we tapped holes for eye bolts, to use chains. Only used chains with Eye bolts which would be a PIA to drill and tap unless you have the right equipment.

It's a lifting magnet, it is designed to lift. As long as you don't go over the rated capacity you will be good. And you should never be under it or place your hand under the plate at a pinch point. I used to work in a mold shop that used them all the time until we tapped holes for eye bolts, to use chains. Only used chains with Eye bolts which would be a PIA to drill and tap unless you have the right equipment.
Well if they're reliable then that's what I'll get. Are the electromagnetic ones better?

They are very reliable. There is definitely a common sense aspect though. You can't have a bunch of millscale or rust and dirt all over the part And honestly quarter inch is getting to the thin side of what can be lifted with a magnet. If you look at the flux field of a magnet the thinner the material the less it is able to impart its magic and hold, as well as 1/4" being floppy. But with a spreader and 2 magnets you'll be fine.
Need to get a forklift either way though

Hey guys what's this extra ground for? Thanks

Attachments

• 16232436058471358946619304149826.jpg
    16232436058471358946619304149826.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey guys what's this extra ground for? Thanks
Earth ground, you'll want a driven earth ground for the table and plasma. They are sensitive to feedback and "floating" currents. Do not ground them to any thing building or electrical related. Independent earth grounds.

Trust me.

Are you ready to cut something. I have a pretty simple project that needs to be cut.
Heck no lol. Plasma torch is behind still. I got some rearranging to do, then figure out all this wiring and software. This LS swap gonna have me tied up while I'm wrapping it up. Sorry buddy I'll let you know when the CNC torch shows up.

Unloading that thing with just me and a tractor yesterday was very interesting to say the least...the few times that I ask for help from friends go figure they ain't around or too busy. She's in here though! Its gotta go back here.
16237617720719012816936734467134.jpg

16237617176628177100336470474702.jpg

Unloading that thing with just me and a tractor yesterday was very interesting to say the least...the few times that I ask for help from friends go figure they ain't around or too busy. She's in here though! Its gotta go back here.View attachment 349580
View attachment 349579
You have my number, and Im just down the road. Feel free to give me a call or text anytime you need a hand.

Table looks good. I would plan to put it in its own room, if you can. Help keep the dust off everything around it.

You have my number, and Im just down the road. Feel free to give me a call or text anytime you need a hand.

Table looks good. I would plan to put it in its own room, if you can. Help keep the dust off everything around it.
Thanks Ben. Shop is plenty big enough to keep smoke to a minimum, especially with the water table which I will use I guess. Previous owner said he cut with and without water table and it was a huge difference so I guess I'm using it lol. Lots of work going on...time to put up hiring sign I guess. I'm overloaded like crazy. Finding someone to work is gonna be the challenge

Back