Torchmate 4400/4800 CNC table with Hypertherm 45xp

FINALLY got the plasma cutter fixed...little short back story:
the New Everlast Plasma cutter showed up defective...go figure!! well me being me, called tech support and did their tests and they said need returned (no arc) WTH. So "me being me", I asked "can I take it apart see if it's something obvious"....guys says sure...fast forward....big inductor and a small transformer were damaged/one unplugged because of broken mount..WTH. So, I get on the phone with the main guy in CA and offers me both brand new pieces, plus $300 refund, plus 30% for 2 years on consumables in my account for the headache to deal with...I said ok send em. Parts came in, took to my customer who works on electric boards, he solders on new stuff and Voila....TaDa....wooopow!!
Daiuuuuuuum that is a serious freaking metal cutting flame shooting arc sparkin fire breathing torch!!!! Still waiting on my CNC torch...behind like every business.

I have the computer for the CNC table in the house and every night I've been on it studying hours to learn and well, it's coming slow and .....well, slow LOL. I knew this would suck learning this software and stuff being reading comprehension is not my strong point at all...so as you can imagine I'm playing with buttons and keys and stuff since reading pages and pages of "software" jargon isn't getting me anywhere (stupid is as stupid does) lol
I did manage to draw 2 brackets late last night finally lol, but it's ok I knew this would be a big long haul investment and time but I know it will be worth it once I get rolling and learning. Freaking metal 1/4" sheet is $500 right now......daiuuuuuuuuuuum

Yeah I priced a sheet of 1/2" 2 weeks ago and it was a little over 800. Holy cow.
yeah i really hope it starts dropping soon.
At least right now my scrap guy has quite a few half sheets, quarter sheets, some almost full sheets that he sells to me at scrap price like everything else I buy from him so it'll give me something good to start with

yeah i really hope it starts dropping soon.
At least right now my scrap guy has quite a few half sheets, quarter sheets, some almost full sheets that he sells to me at scrap price like everything else I buy from him so it'll give me something good to start with
My sales guy said prices will be going even higher. :(

My sales guy said prices will be going even higher. :(
well dang. good thing my guy gets half and quarter sheets in a lot lol plus a bunch of other stuff. it'll give me more time to "design" i guess and really really plan out my cuts!

Back