toyota on 52's

firetoy said:
every one has there pioson. that's what makes wheeling so cool. plus my trucks not really much toy any more. body and frame. thats about it. i just hope you guys are there to recover me, because when that thing is stuck it's stuck. thanks for all the positive feed back.
peace out.

Shoot I'd def give pullin you out a try, my truck has surprised me at the stuff its been able to get unstuck . . . don't ask my truck to try to drive over anything tall thou, its favorite thing to do is to lay out on it's belly with its feet in the air and doesnt want to move after that :shaking:

I just love messing with jeep people cause they take everything way to seriously, and they really get mad when a mildly built toyota outwheels their fully built jeep. Oh and i can talk bad about jeeps cause i own one, and two built toyotas.

toyota231 said:
I just love messing with jeep people cause they take everything way to seriously,

THATS NOT TRUE AT ALL! YOU ARE A HECKLER, I'M GOING TO REPORT YOU TO THE MODS!!!!! ENOUGH OF YOUR CRAP!

:flipoff2:

haha

toyota231 said:
I just love messing with jeep people cause they take everything way to seriously, and they really get mad when a mildly built toyota outwheels their fully built jeep. .
I've yet to see one of these mildy built super toys do anything my jeep would do stock. I actually had two guys sell there precious Toyotas an buy Rubi LJ's after they saw my basically stock jeep kill there extemly built TRD trucks. Keep preaching for them though, someone will believe you.

I am a Jeep guy, but I have to saw I saw a stock Toyota follow me almost everywhere at URE durring and after 2 days of rain. Where he could not go, no stocker without lockers would. He did slide off the trail once, but I winched him out.

cant we all just get along, and enjoy some nice pics of some GINORMOUS rubber on a nicely built Toy...:burnout:
(Jeeps are better, haha)

yeah ive also been in a mildly built '82 toyota (only 4.88 gears, lockers front and rear and 36's) go places without even slipping a tire at uwharrie that 3 very built jeeps (one with 36's,and 2 with 37's) beat their stuff of for 1 hour and had to take the easy line. On top of that when we got out to talk and check out their rigs they got pissed and drove off. Oh and you can have those $30,000 rigs ill take my $8,000 truck over it anyday.

Hey firetoy did you ever get any pics of the suspension? I want to see more pics of this awesome toyota.

toyota231 said:
yeah ive also been in a mildly built '82 toyota (only 4.88 gears, lockers front and rear and 36's) go places without even slipping a tire at uwharrie that 3 very built jeeps (one with 36's,and 2 with 37's) beat their stuff of for 1 hour and had to take the easy line. On top of that when we got out to talk and check out their rigs they got pissed and drove off. Oh and you can have those $30,000 rigs ill take my $8,000 truck over it anyday.
Hey firetoy did you ever get any pics of the suspension? I want to see more pics of this awesome toyota.

comparisons like this are stupid, every obstacle is different, and some just work better with different wheelbases, so the toyota guys may have an advantage on one, but there are just as many spots that the short wheelbase guys would walk circles around you

i think this is one of the most important differences when comparing what similarly built rigs will do, but people just need to drive what they want, that goes where they want, and not listen to anything anyone else says about it

brand loyalty sucks

I dont care what anyone says i am brand loyal cause i know what has done good for me. I have never had a problem out of the three toyotas ive owned but the two jeeps i have had are pieces of crap. I have to work on them all the time. From now on ill stick with toyotas. Now to end the hijacking of firetoys thread i just want to see more pics of his rig.

those guys in the jeeps need to learn how to drive if they were locked front and rear on 36+ tires and were getting stuck at uwharrie. brand lyalty is gay, especially when it is modded, the make of the rig has very little to do with what it can do.

2nd that !!

pheery said:
those guys in the jeeps need to learn how to drive if they were locked front and rear on 36+ tires and were getting stuck at uwharrie. brand lyalty is gay, especially when it is modded, the make of the rig has very little to do with what it can do.
Exactly!!! If a driver sucks his rig will probably suck too. Thats why guys spend tons of money on equipment, to cover up there lack of skill.

i will post more pics soon. i am going to teli. this weekend for round 2. should get some good footage

Post some pics to shut this scrabbling up.

back to the choping block.

well i decided to change the front end, do a narrowed tube front. i just cut all the sheet metal out and set the head light where i think they will go.

Attachments

• chop50.JPG
    chop50.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,037
couple more pics

couple pics

Attachments

• chop 50.JPG
    chop 50.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 917
  • 50.JPG
    50.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 905
Rich said:
oh no.. don't say the T word..
What T word would that be?

M-48Stuck.jpg

Hey, those get stuck too, every once in a while. That's why there's these:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v639_Trebissky_House_20and_20Vehicles_Panzer_20Pics_M_88ARV.jpg

:flipoff2:

Okay, seriously, that's a nice truck you got there. What kind of earth-moving equipment did you get the wheels off? :lol:

RocksUnlimited said:
I've yet to see one of these mildy built super toys do anything my jeep would do stock. I actually had two guys sell there precious Toyotas an buy Rubi LJ's after they saw my basically stock jeep kill there extemly built TRD trucks. Keep preaching for them though, someone will believe you.

hahahaha.........some peoples kids....:shaking:

where can i find rockwells?

where can i find rockys? anyone anyone hello hello?

It's a reliability thing...You jeep owners wouldn't understand.:flipoff2:

how much u lookin to spend on some ..i know several sources around nc but they are all high i think like 1500 a set

Back