TOYS for ROCKS!!!...MTN city aug 6th

Turtle Mechanic

Team Turtle is proud to annouce that TOYS For ROCKS will happen this year on Sat. Aug the 6th.
I will start this thread by saying this:
The Toy run was my idea 6 years ago and I approached Paul (or Mr.Brown if you haven't actually called him MR.Brown yet;) ...this is an inside joke) and asked him if I could put this on for the kids of Johnson Co.
He jumped on board and gave me everything I needed to achieve my goal of putting smiles on the faces of under privaliged kids.
Paul has had a very Bad stroke and is not doing very good.
When he does comes around there is one thing he keeps saying "How is the toyrun?"
So this year TOYS FOR ROCKS is going to happen !!!! and I will do everything I can to make this the biggest and best Toy Run to date...I want him to know that what he has done has changed many peoples lives and that for all that he has done for our community that his name will live on as a supportor and sponsor of the Mountain City -->TOYS FOR ROCKS toy drive.
Everyone knows that Paul pretty much let us do whatever we wanted on the mountains...as long as we came and played.
He has always spoke his mind and that is one thing I like so much about him.
SO lets all show our support to Paul and give him a big thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul I want to say thank you :beer:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I will post more updates in following "post sockets"
I also want to give a very big thankyou to RockCorp for stepping up with an offer to use The Flats, if MNTcity didnt work.
BDB...all I can say is :beer:...you have supported me from day one.
ECORS thankyou for the offer we discussed this weekend...I may give you a call
Everyone that responded in the other thread thank you

Attachments

• Callalantee Waiver.pdf
    160.2 KB · Views: 526
ai168.photobucket.com_albums_u182_turtlemechanic_toysforrocks_toysforrocksmini.jpg

It's time for the 5th annual "TOYS for ROCKS" toy run at Callalantee OHV park in Mountain City Tn.
Paul has stepped up again and is donating the use of the park on Saturday August the 6th, 2011.
The daily fee will be $5.00 PER VEHICLE not person (this will cover ins. and electric used at the cabin) if you bring a new unwrapped toy to help the community center give smiles and joy to Children in Johnson Co. Tn. This Christmas.
All toys will stay in the county and help those here that need the help.
Last year was a huge success and we look forward to meeting everyone again and meeting new folks.We collected over 400 toys to give out .
The community was very happy and pleased that we as a group stepped up and helped those in need:beer:
So:
Who: Everyone is invited to spend the day wheelin' and helping out kids
What: A toy run!!! and a great day of wheelin' with friends and family
When: Saturday 6th of August, We will have volunteers collecting toys like last year from 8 am til' 12pm......don't feel bad if your running late,stop by the first cabin and say hi and drop off your toys.
Where: Callalantee OHV Park in Mountain City, Tn
Why:To help out kids and Wheel for the day...in exchange for a new unwrapped toy.
^
^
^

******There are no Scheduled rides,Everyones here to have fun and not wait around when they could be wheelin' or breakin' or getting stuck.******
^
^
^

So when you arrive donate a toy and if your alone grab a group with like rigs and follow them........:driver:
We thank everyone in advance
Thankyou
Doug & Lisa Haynes

A.K.A TEAM TURTLE
I'll post more and answer ?'s later
Special Thanks to the groups and clubs that have our event marked on their calendars as their Aug. ride:
CTB
BDB
TJC
TNMUDDERS
Rock Corps 4X4
NOAS
NC4X4

If your group is coming out,pm me and I'll add you to the list
--------------------------------------------------
Our arrangement is this:1)We have the cabin for prep and organization of the event
2)$5 per vehicle on the trails(not for riders)I feel this is reasonable; as most venues do this and it will help cover electric and ins. I have no problems with this
3)Everyone will sign a waiver,so each group will be approached by volunteer staff and be asked to sign the waiver
I will just hand a waiver to a group and everyone sign it,simple
4)Camping will be regular prices and will be paid to Callalantee-->I or my volunteers will not ask for or accept any moneis for camping...be responcible and pay for camping
5)Callalantee will be preparing lunch as always,their prices are very reasonable and it's good food.
I will update this lower information when I speak with Neeta

I got several texts and pm's regarding a paypal account for toy donations

so I got it done today

toysforrocks@yahoo.com

If you go this route in the comment box please put first name,screen name and group/club you hang with

Thank you

Doug and Lisa

____________________________________________________________________________________________

CAMPING AND TRAIL RIDING OTHER THAN SATURDAY THE 6TH

Camping for fri/sat night is $7.50 a person each night,this is for tent camping if you need electric site please call her and make reservations

Trail riding is normally $15 a person; Fri and Sunday she will have the price lowered to $11 per person same as ATV's

She wanted me to put this out-->Cash only no C.C.

i WANT TO THANK OUR LOCAL SPONSORS FOR THIER HELP AND SUPPORT THIS YEAR AS WELL AS YEARS PAST
In no particular order:
Callalantee
Doe Valley food mart
Silver Keys Bed and Breakfast
Norms tv
Save A lot grocery #175
Johnson County building supply
FoodLion Grocery #1493
Lazy day Market
True Valley Hardware
Roan Valley market
Sassy Kats
Parsons quickstop
Army surplus Store
Mountain view exxon
Hux-lippford funeral home
Shady Valley country store
Town & Country package store
Mountain City Welcome center

Thanks to our local support:
As in the past we will be offering a Thank you Meal Saturday evening.
Shooting for 6pm serving time
BBQ sandwich
Mama Turtles famous Beans

The meal is FREE to those that participate.
We'll feed til we run out of food,we haven't run out yet.
B.Y.O.B. =Bring your own beverage
B.Y.O.C. = Bring your own Chair
Volunteers to help in the kitchen Saturday will be welcome
No vehicles will be allowed at cabin area,for safety of folks eating.
C-ya'll out there

Doug, let us know what we can do. :beer:

Doug,
GREAT NEWS!

I will definitely be there.
Here is an open offer for anyone...since I dont have a running rig, and not 100% sure I will before this event. Anyone from the greater Charlotte area who wants to go, and has an open seat, I will offer the tow rig and I have a trailer available or we can use yours,...we can split fuel and I will bring the toys for both of us! (plus a few more)

PM me if interested....I rserve the right to pic whomever I choose if multiple people respond, and choices may be made based on coolness of person, coolness of rig, proximity, or other factors... :D

Doug,
GREAT NEWS!
I will definitely be there.
Here is an open offer for anyone...since I dont have a running rig, and not 100% sure I will before this event. Anyone from the greater Charlotte area who wants to go, and has an open seat, I will offer the tow rig and I have a trailer available or we can use yours,...we can split fuel and I will bring the toys for both of us! (plus a few more)
PM me if interested....I rserve the right to pic whomever I choose if multiple people respond, and choices may be made based on coolness of person, coolness of rig, proximity, or other factors... :D
:lol:
Thats just wrong...wonder who he picks:confused:

Are 4 wheelers allowed this day?
4 wheelers (ATV'S) will have to pay regular fee's.(this was not in the agreement or even brought up)
There will be other ATV's there and I do not want to start any kind of arguement etc that could involve people already paying regular prices.
We are there in our trucks doing our thing supporting a great cause...no if you can get someone to pull you around in say...a barbie jeep..that would be cool:huggy:
You could always ask Neeta on a case by case thing that morning

4 wheelers (ATV'S) will have to pay regular fee's.(this was not in the agreement or even brought up)
There will be other ATV's there and I do not want to start any kind of arguement etc that could involve people already paying regular prices.
We are there in our trucks doing our thing supporting a great cause...no if you can get someone to pull you around in say...a barbie jeep..that would be cool:huggy:
You could always ask Neeta on a case by case thing that morning
I will just pay the fees and bring the toys and have fun....

Thank god i called anita's son and filled him in on this possibly being moved hope that got it straightened out seems like it did the job glad to hear its gonna be there hope i can make it if anyone is hauling from my way and has trailer room let me know i could use the tow got cash too... If anything is needed for event volunteering i can help out one of yall contact me on here and ill give ya a call! thanks berry

Thanks Doug for the additional information (post #2). NOAS is getting members organized for the run and we will do a toy fundraiser for non-attending members and non-members as well.

The rates are more than reasonable and the cause is well worth our attention and participation.

Thanks again and happy to participate!

Brian

Very excited now!!! Glad it worked out well to put smiles on kids faces this Christmas!

Ron.....You can ride in Pinky..!!!..???.. I do have the best lookin rig!!! LOL

Thanks everyone:beer:

Post two is bottom info is updated ...:driver:

We can't wait:bounce2: 2 1/2 weeks to get everything done

Back