Trailer Tires

lomodyj

So I blew another of the Trailmaster tires that came with my trailer...This one only had about 300 miles on it (it was the spare). Now I need more tires. Have not been real impressed with the Trailmasters, so, they are out. What I had put on in Ohio are Nanco's. Though I only have 1000 miles on them they seem pretty good.

What I'm looking for is some recomendations on trailer tires (205/75-14). Brands, and where to buy. I've heard one person say they were having good luck with Goodyear Marathons. Anyone else have an opinion?

x2

Thanks Ken...I knew I'd seen a thread on here somewhere...Actually put my tire guy to work on it today...He called back and said the best tire for the money was....Maxxis...So Friday the trailer gets some new shoes...

I put superstone on mine 2 years ago. No problems at all. I have pulled alot including 30 straight hous to Moab and 30 back. KC

I put superstone on mine 2 years ago. No problems at all. I have pulled alot including 30 straight hous to Moab and 30 back. KC

almost positive that is what's on mine...

had a guy that worked at a shop get them for cost...

$200 for a set of 5...plus $25 to the guy at 4WP to mount/balance...:D

Greg

What goes along with the tire selection is the load they can handle. Running anywhere in the neighborhood of the max load can lead to blow outs.

Is that an "ST" or a plain run of the mill "C" range tire? Most of the RV crowd report numerous tire issues running for prolonged periods above 65... not that you do or anything! :lol:

Who me?????

The trialmasters (and Nanco's) are both D rated tires...

I have Denman's on my trailer. I can't recall which one it is, but they work well. Only had one blow out when the trailer was first built. We didn't space the axles far enough apart and the heat buildup destroyed it. :shaking:

Back