Trash at poser rock

Tim C

Wizard
Our group stopped at poser rock sunday I've never seen it so bad. We picked up literally a half a trash bag of mostly bud light cans, one Coors light can, some McDonalds cups and a few mountain dew bottles.

We also picked up a plastic bumper off of some small vehicle I don't know what type, but the plastic bumper cover was there and it had junkyard markings on it. I put the bumper by the trashcans in the double parking lot. I wasn't sure what to do with it. Also picked up two front license plate holders one had the same junkyard tag. Then we picked up the Styrofoam bumper padding that was behind the bumper. Someone was courteous enough to have broken it into fist sized chunks so that would take more time of course. For future reference could someone tell me what to do with large stuff like that bumper?

Finally someone had apparently wiped their ass beside the trail and left dirty toilet paper scattered all over right across the trail from the rock. I didn't bring a hazmat suit or a shovel so that I left where I found it, sorry I drew the line there.

Otherwise it was a good trip other than getting pulled on the way home in Carthage to check my tag weight (I was legal).
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Call and log your time with the forest service....910-576-6391......It helps get us funds to do more there!!

x3!!! Labor Day weekend must have brought out a lot of party packs, I've only been going to URE since earlier this year but had not seen nearly as many beer cans and other junk on the side of the trails as there was this past weekend. :( I'm picking one of these up for the next trip out:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unger-36-In-Nifty-Nabber-92134D/203177379

Yeah, it'll probably look retarded clipped to my safari rack, but sure will beat having to jump out of the truck all of the time! ;)

x3!!! Labor Day weekend must have brought out a lot of party packs, I've only been going to URE since earlier this year but had not seen nearly as many beer cans and other junk on the side of the trails as there was this past weekend. :( I'm picking one of these up for the next trip out:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unger-36-In-Nifty-Nabber-92134D/203177379

Yeah, it'll probably look retarded clipped to my safari rack, but sure will beat having to jump out of the truck all of the time! ;)

I use those things out there every time I am out there. I also have a Trasharoo bag on my spare tire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hehe my trasharoo was too nice to put trash in.I use it for a duffle bag and keep my reenacting gear in it.

Back