Traveling from Raleigh to Charlotte . . .

bigmackloud

Hey,

Well i scored floor tickets to the Greenday concert wednesday night! It's in charlotte at the Cricket Center. so i'm trying to figure out what's the best/quickest way to go from Raleigh to Charlotte.

Looking at a map, the most obvious route is to take I40 to Greensboro and then take I85 to Charlotte. the other option appears to be to take Hwy 64 from Raleigh to Asheboro, and then catch Hwy49 from there to Charlotte. this route looks to be the shorter route, but i've never traveled these roads. Is the interstate the simplest/quickest? Any idea how long this should take?

thanks,
bigmac

Whenever I go from Charlotte to Raleigh, I take 85 to 40, it's simple and pretty quick. I never go to Charlotte from Raleigh (usually end up in Wilmington after Raleigh). IIRC it takes just under 2 hours.

It's 171mi from Raleigh to Charlotte.

Care to rethink that ETA?

Hey,

according to a map i have, it says that it is 143 miles from Charlotte to Raleigh. Mapquest told me 173 miles. go figure??

later,
bigmac

I 85 can be hell so dont take it unless its in the verizon ampitheatre. If you need to go downtown and its during rush hour perhaps taking the new i485 connection to i85 would be best.

Rod

saf-t scissors said:

Maybe he drives one of these?
awww.fantasycars.com_derek_cars_images_vector_w8_5.jpg

Would take 47 minutes :D :burnout:

Hey,

it's at the Cricket Arena.

2700 E Independence Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28205

I have started to take 64 now..

might take a few mins longer due to having to slow down goign through small cities.. but damn traffic on 40/85 sucks.. so i take back roads

Hey,

Bruiser, how long does it take you using back roads?

take i 40 to i 85 south...dont take i85 all the way to charlotte, take the new i485 connection. After like 20 mins you will see the exit for independence blvd, take independence (hwy74) towards downtown not towards monroe and you will find it.

Rod

Hey,

what if i take the albermarle rd exit from i485? that would appear to be a shortcut to get to independence blvd, unless it has really bad traffic at 6pm??

saf-t scissors said:

If you'll notice, there was an IIRC in there somewhere. Which is sort of a disclaimer, because I tend to not remember details like that.

Maybe that 2hrs was from Charlotte to Greensboro...:eek:

it may be a shortcut...and i dont know if it gets backed up...but the speed limit on it and to get to it is surely lower than the interstates. Either way...id stick with I485

bigmackloud said:
Hey,

Well i scored floor tickets to the Greenday concert wednesday night! It's in charlotte at the Cricket Center. so i'm trying to figure out what's the best/quickest way to go from Raleigh to Charlotte.

Looking at a map, the most obvious route is to take I40 to Greensboro and then take I85 to Charlotte. the other option appears to be to take Hwy 64 from Raleigh to Asheboro, and then catch Hwy49 from there to Charlotte. this route looks to be the shorter route, but i've never traveled these roads. Is the interstate the simplest/quickest? Any idea how long this should take?

thanks,
bigmac

Mac,

Taking I-40 to I-85 South, to I-77 South to Exit 11 (I-277) to US 74 will probably be the easiest and most direct way to get to Cricket arena. The arena is about 4 to 5 miles on the outskirts of the uptown area on US 74 Independence Blvd. The trip should take about 2 hours or so with no traffic, you should be ok to going in, since you'll be going against traffic.

Hey,

thanks for the directions guys. can't wait for the concert! i'll let y'all know how it goes. anyone else going to see Greenday??

later,
bigmac

NCJeeper said:
Mac,

Taking I-40 to I-85 South, to I-77 South to Exit 11 (I-277) to US 74 will probably be the easiest and most direct way to get to Cricket arena. The arena is about 4 to 5 miles on the outskirts of the uptown area on US 74 Independence Blvd. The trip should take about 2 hours or so with no traffic, you should be ok to going in, since you'll be going against traffic.

So I wasn't too far off...

Hey,

my best friend saw Greenday up in philly earlier this year, and hasn't stopped talking about the concert since. so i can't wait!! green day is on my big list of bands to see before i die, lol.

later,
bigmac

Back