Truck with hill climbing pwr?

The hills and grades where I'm looking to move are sometimes 15-20 miles of 5-12 degrees.
At what elevation?

I'm not aware of anywhere this side of the Mississippi where you can go 15 miles at 6%. If you're wanting to pull Cottonwood or Ike or something, you're starting at 8000'.

Dude I snorted when I laughed at that :laughing:
And I had to tuck my balls up as a 12v owner. I love my truck but I know for a damn fact thereā€™s no 7.3 or 12v doing what newer diesels do. (Or even a solid 8.1 gasser in a GM platform for that matter). He needs to find a solid GMT800 and be done with it. Spend the money saved on the gas he will spend.

At what elevation?

I'm not aware of anywhere this side of the Mississippi where you can go 15 miles at 6%. If you're wanting to pull Cottonwood or Ike or something, you're starting at 8000'.
Yeah probably misread the sign. I'm going back soon and will try and get a pic. I believe I saw one state sign that said 5 percent 12 miles and another that said 5-12 percent next 18 miles.
It's over at NC Tennessee line by Cherohala skyway

Last edited:
Thanks but will need 4x4 for sure.
Mines 4x4 :huggy:

IMG_20240204_122325585_HDR~2.jpg

And I would gladly sell it (you see that folks? not SALE it...not SAIL it......SELL it) for......

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

:laughing:

Northern or southern truck? Is it available?
Not really available....I was really just being a tease :gtfo:

I haven't had this thing a year yet, so I'm still very much so in love. Keep your eyes peeled though, and join the 8.1 truck groups on FB. Seems they post a link for ones for sale about once a month. I was truly fortunate that I was watching FB marketplace like a hawk and this one popped up just a few miles from me. It was a small used car lot and the owner didn't realize what he had. Just listed it as a 4 door 4x4 and assumed since it wasn't diesel it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah probably misread the sign. I'm going back soon and will try and get a pic. I believe I saw one state sign that said 5 percent 12 miles and another that said 5-12 percent next 18 miles.
Nah, I was just wondering if maybe you were moving WAY west, which changes the math quite a bit.

Back