Uwharrie on memorial weekend

Went out there today, pretty dusty (as usual), but it was nice. Got a good ride in on Daniel and RML, typical Kodak... it was a good day to be out.

We Have both Jeeps loaded up. Should be at the Outpost at 9:00am in the morning. Look forward to a good (dusty) ride with the wife first time out in her rig. Hope to meet some more folks. :beer:

Steve

Just got back had alot of fun Andy you have a very nice buggy & nice to meet you Pics to come soon

Hey CJ4play, i think i camped next to you guys, i was in silver discovery. i recognize the liscense plate. wish i had known, i needed some one to tag along with.

Glad yoou made it back I expect all is ok with the spring bolt
get a new one in it or bring that tranny over lets get it done & park your rig vids I hope tomorrow e-mail that pic will ya thanks man

All in all a good trip!
The cherokee I was riding with threw a rear driveshaft on Sunday...had to make a quick trip to Troy for the repair. For some ODD reason the front locker on the Rubi decided to be lazy and NOT engage???:shaking: Otherwise, URE as usual....LOADED with DUST!

Good to see a few old faces, and to meet a few new guys!

Steve, the ol' XJ looked sharp. I hope your wife enjoys it.

Rick

Pull the cover and make sure the air line has not come off inside the diff. That is a typical problem. Put a couple zip ties on it. The little squeeze clamp let's the air line move.

Good seeing you on Sunday Rick.

Andy

All in all a good trip!
The cherokee I was riding with threw a rear driveshaft on Sunday...had to make a quick trip to Troy for the repair. For some ODD reason the front locker on the Rubi decided to be lazy and NOT engage???:shaking: Otherwise, URE as usual....LOADED with DUST!
Good to see a few old faces, and to meet a few new guys!
Steve, the ol' XJ looked sharp. I hope your wife enjoys it.
Rick

Pull the cover and make sure the air line has not come off inside the diff. That is a typical problem. Put a couple zip ties on it. The little squeeze clamp let's the air line move.
Good seeing you on Sunday Rick.
Andy

Andy,
Thanks for the advice! I'll get to that tonight or tomorrow. You know the funny thing is that it decided to "not engage" at the most critical part of the Saturday afternoon ride...while trying to climb the lower part of Kodak....typical for a Jeep!

Good seeing ya out Andy. BTW, the buggy looks sweet!

Andy,
Thanks for the advice! I'll get to that tonight or tomorrow. You know the funny thing is that it decided to "not engage" at the most critical part of the Saturday afternoon ride...while trying to climb the lower part of Kodak....typical for a Jeep!
Good seeing ya out Andy. BTW, the buggy looks sweet!

Is your jeep like a dark blue color? If so I remember talkin with ya as you came up daniels. We were at the top when you guys came up .

Is your jeep like a dark blue color? If so I remember talkin with ya as you came up daniels. We were at the top when you guys came up .

Yeah,
That was me...trying to work the far right FIGHTING a bum front locker! Thanks for the spot! When you are used to a front locker being there, then it's gone....things are different!....besides, that was the maiden trip with the Rubi...leaf springs of a full width CJ on 37s to a coil sprung TJ on 32s....alot to get used to.:driver: I like that Rubi!

Rick

Had a great time till I broke a front shackle around noon on the YJ :shaking: Of course I did not have a spare, who would of thunk??
Rick, the XJ worked awsome. The wife climbed Daniel like she owned it :driver:(she said she wanted to do something easy first ..LOL ) after that she said "that was supposed to be hard?? ) Guess we will see how she likes Tellico :beer:

Steve

We made it up there for a Saturday/night run, everyone else must have waited until Sun. (the trails were empty, minus the ATV's) We saw ALOT of folks coming in on Sunday morning.

We were testing out the YJ, and dealing with some overheating and air-ride issues. Here's a few pics:

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5260076.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5260077.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5260075.jpg

managed to break a 12-bolt shaft, and a 44 stering arm Saturday night on another rig:

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5260070.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5260087.jpg

ai11.photobucket.com_albums_a180_bigassedredjeep_UNF_P5270091.jpg

Back