Uwharrie riding this weekend

junkxj

Well poop!!!!!
Last minute change of plans. We had planned on camping up this way all weekend, but the weather looks better for uwharrie.
Plan on being down that way tomorrow afternoon and staying through sunday.
Anyone be around and want to ride???

You DO realize URE has had over 7" of rain since Sunday right?

ure20161.jpg

That Dana 35 will never make it up the access roads

Last edited:
Last minute change of plans. We had planned on camping up this way all weekend, but the weather looks better for uwharrie.

Hope you have a winch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youre a brave soul. I had considered going down for a test run, but not in that mess!

I wish I was going. It would be a blast down there!

At least it wont be dusty

I think it was @Caver Dave who posted about going up Daniel during a thunderstorm at night one time or something like that, LOL.

Some of my best memories are wheeling URE during some bad storms and after a ton of rain. I realize it’s not ideal and adds to run off issues, but it sure is fun!
All the stuff that is usually easy becomes very challenging.

I think it was @Caver Dave who posted about going up Daniel during a thunderstorm at night one time or something like that, LOL.

Yes sir... Labor Day many years ago during about 5" of rain in a 6 hour period, 3" in a single hour... wheeling with some fellow Jarheads (@Elusive, @jeepgod, & @MobDawg)!
It was running near knee deep _on_ the trail and sheeting off the sides of the z-turns about 2" deep!
Sliced a near new MT sidewall (about 6" total length) at the bottom... *MUCH* milder than the current "gatekeeper" section.
Winched off to a tree, broke out the hi-lift, and about :poop: my pants when a bud dropped the lug-nuts in the water! Fortunately, they didn't go far, despite the flood, were all retrieved, and we continued to the top

Well, for once I took the advice of this community and decided to postpone the trip.
The last time I was down that way the trails were flooded.
Lots of fun, until all the dummies got stuck and blocked the trails....

Lots of fun, until all the dummies got stuck and blocked the trails....
Yeah that's the worst part really. If you were to say Tuesday and two or three rigs I think it would be pretty fun. (Of course not with my rig that would be with me riding with somebody else that had to clean that shitt up afterwards)
But yeah the fact that when you add complete saturation to the mix folks that could normally navigate 80% of the trails will now have problems with flat ground and that goose shit

I remember falls dam during a down pour. Those water berms are angled to direct water off of the trail down hill. If you didn’t have speed you were going where the water went. Saw a k5 on street tires almost take a one way trip down the mountain. Needless to say people were hitting rev limiter just to stay on the trail.

I remember falls dam during a down pour. Those water berms are angled to direct water off of the trail down hill. If you didn’t have speed you were going where the water went. Saw a k5 on street tires almost take a one way trip down the mountain. Needless to say people were hitting rev limiter just to stay on the trail.

I was with you, remember the CJ that went sideways over the berm and slid right back down? I think you were the first one to get over in one try and that 4.0 was screaming haha

Back