Uwharrie Trail Work Day #7, October 16th

Will you be attending Work Day #7?

• Total voters
i hate to add to your confusion Draider90 but im not gonna make it now, PM sent with details.

I'd show up but I'm moving cause I'm getting divorced. Don't worry, just more time to do stuff....one i get resettled.

Well it looks like we will have 4 maybe 5 people max on the trails working. And if we are installing guard railing we want as many people as possible. The extremely short notice given on this is kind of throwing me through a loop. I had a friend of mine going with that is saywer certified for this weekend, he works for the FS in South Carolina. He had requested off for this weekend etc, hopefully he can make it next weekend.

I am sure its the same for the few other people showing up. Most plan/planned their schedule around the work day. I know for me I am going to be out there next weekend for our 2nd big yearly trip (we do one in April, and one in October) anyway. I have obligations related to it, but I can get someone else to play trail guide so I can do the work day. Who knows, maybe I can drag some of the people showing up for the event along. Just kind of puts a strain on something I have been planning for months.

Anyway. Bottom line being I don't see this weekend working out. I understand it puts a burden on a lot of people, including myself but I don't see anyway around it. Maybe those that still want to show up can stop by Janet's and sign in and do some trail clean up/put up some markers. Essentially what we have been doing the last couple work days. If we have people still decide to show up I will still take a stab at making it this weekend.

So unless anyone has any objections I will call Terry later in the morning and tell her we will go with the next weekend work day.

These (besides YHDG of course) are the 3 others still going to my knowledge:

- oleblue
- 89Runner
- up-n-over

OFFICIAL UPDATE, IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IF YOU STILL PLAN ON ATTENDING THIS WEEKEND'S WORK DAY:

I talked to Terry Savery this morning on the phone and she informed me there is still a group going out to work on Dickey Bell as of right now. If you are one of the 4 people that still wish to show up and work, just show up at the Hunt Camp at 9am. Breakfast is optional at the outpost at 8am as always.

You can either ride with the Dickey Bell group, or split off and do trash pick up/diamond markers on another trail of your choice. I cannot confirm if I will be out there or not, its up in the air right now with my truck being broke down. If I can't make it I will post up here the night before.

Sorry for this being last minute but the Forest Service e-mail was just sent out yesterday. So its last minute notice for everyone. Feel free to PM me or ask up any questions here. :beer:

Just wanted to throw this out there. even if you cant do anything about it tomorrow, there is a large tree sown across sawmill(as of lunchtime today). looks like a fair amount of people have been going off trail to get around it. at the least, you could bring that up to someone at the USFS

2 as far as I know, but next week looks good.

The CFSJC had two that made the hunt camp meeting and 4 more showed up later; I made it later on Saturday afternoon with my son mostly for recovery duty LOL. Pete was waiting for them that morning with some fencing in the back of his truck and they installed temporary split rail fencing next to the new bridge on the short side of Rocky Mt. Loop. There was super swamper tracks in the creek by the new bridge, that's all we need. Of course there was a trash pick up on our trail after the fence was installed.

YOUR HOT DOG GUY, thanks for lunch man it was good, my son and I needed that thanks for showing up.

Back