Uwharrie trails for mostly stock jeep.

FSUJeep

Can anyone advise which trails at Uwharrie are best avoided stock vehicles? I have heard avoid the ones that start with D. I have also heard avoid the ones that end in L. Just looking for some clarification from folks that go there frequently. I would also like to tag along with someone on a ride sometime. I am new to the are and don't know anyone to ride with here yet.

It really depends on how comfortable you are off road and also what "mostly stock" means to you. I have seen people in stock vehicles do really well out there and on other trails just because they are experienced and pick their lines wells. I have seen people with built rigs that have no clue what they are doing just destroy their stuff. If you are a beginner, start with trails like Falls Dam, Wolves Den, and maybe even Rocky Mountain Loop if you feel comfortable after the first two. Staying away from the "D" trails as a beginner is probably a good idea. As far as finding someone to ride with, if you can't find someone here, just go to the Eldorado Outpost and ask one of any of the groups gearing up to hit the trails if you can tag along with them. Most are more than willing to allow a newbie to follow them and most will take good care of you out there.

It really depends on how comfortable you are off road and also what "mostly stock" means to you. I have seen people in stock vehicles do really well out there and on other trails just because they are experienced and pick their lines wells. I

This. A stock TJ can run every trail at URE when it's dry. It all comes down to the driver. If you're new and don't know WTF you're doing, avoid Daniel, Dickie Bell, and probably the hill climb on the Saw Mill side of Rocky Mt (or run it downhill). That bit is harder than anything on Dutch John.

I appreciate it. I will admit I am definitely a newbie at this and have a lot to learn. Coming from Florida, the trails look like they will be a lot different here. Down there, it is mostly mud. Mostly stock means I have 31x10.50's and a little 2" suspension lift. I will have a winch added by Saturday when I ride out there, but that's as far as my mods go right now.

Coming from Florida, the trails look like they will be a lot different here. Down there, it is mostly mud.

My wife moved up here from Florida about 10 years ago. She had two different Broncos that she wheeled down there. Once she came up here she realized that even the mud is different here. Uwharrie really doesn't have a lot of mud unless you go during or just after a storm. Beware of small local "mud pits" like the one in Lexington, NC (only about 30 mins from China Grove) because they are not like the ones in Florida with the black mud that causes relatively little to no damage to your truck. The one in Lexington is just a place that causes you to destroy your truck while people watch and laugh while sipping their bud light. I went there once about 6 or 7 years ago and swore I would never go back.

I have run everything but the front of daniel in my zj with 2" spacers and 31s. What has been said hits the nail on the head. Dickey bell takes patience and a good spotter for those of us who have less ground clearance but is doable. So far the only damage ive had has been on dickey bell and it was just rockers and sway bar mount.

By the way, what are you driving? The tj/yj guys have more clearance stock than us xj/zj guys. Also you can do more if you arent worried about dents and paint lol

Yep they about covered it. I'm very proud of the fact that one of my sons drove every trail in URE in a stock 98 xj and only took a strap once........

Yep they about covered it. I'm very proud of the fact that one of my sons drove every trail in URE in a stock 98 xj and only took a strap once........
even the front of daniel? I had a heck of a time getting up the ledges.

I've done everything there in an open/open xj on 31s, then my lj with 2" budget boost and 31s. Right side of the Daniel ledge is doable, but it was getting pretty bad end of last year.

I've done everything there in an open/open xj on 31s, then my lj with 2" budget boost and 31s. Right side of the Daniel ledge is doable, but it was getting pretty bad end of last year.
I had to use my bumper and just drag the front end up it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes it was about 2 years ago but he listened to me on the line on the bottom ledge and walked it. He took a strap on Dickey Bell at my request... He got crossed up and only had 2 opposing tires making good traction and I was worried about breakage. He did take out the front bumper and dented a rocker on Daniel though.

Nice. I need you to come spot me lol. Dickey bell gets tricky for me for the same reason. I was worried about breakage but decided I could power brake out of it.

Have fun. But most importantly be safe. If you feel like something could end badly, back out and either bypass or try another line.

I'm driving a 98 TJ.

As many have said...your JEEP will have no issues doing anything at URE. (if it were a blazer? I'd say stay home all together :D)

Experience and knowing what line will make URE boring in a stock TJ quick, but for someone just learning....I'll tell you what I tell my teenage daughters when they leave the house "Stay off the D's"

Dickey Bell
Daniel
Dutch John

And you'll have such a great time, you'll be pumped to finally jump on the D's when the time is right! (after marriage....like I tell my daughters)

Just got the email there is a work day Saturday.

Back