volunteers needed

Dylan W.

lone resident of Bro-Lite Island
Ok guys, I will be actively rounding up volunteers for the UwharrieCross. There are a ton of folks needed to pull this off.
Please dont volunteer unless you can be there. I know its early to make commitments, but thats what it takes.
If your gonna race, maybe you could give a little time for trail spotting,help with line up, flag man,or something else while you are not racing. Racers watching racers and helping move the race along.
Just a few specialty needs...
**Any vol. firemen or nurses/docs that could be available.
there will be a paid 2 man/ 1 ambulance team on site, but,we need other medical personel available, just in case!
**We need folks to post up on the trail w/ (provided) radios, just to keep info flowing.
**we need folks to help with vehicle recovery and trail/race assistance. Those with capable vehicles-able to tow broken down vehicles off the course.
**We need someone to help rerout the different classes at multiple line sections.(move the tape or gate)
**Folks needed to put up/ take down trail boundry tape, along the course
** SOMEONE WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PLACE IN HISTORY**
meaning...someone with the ability to haul and position large rocks to a secret place. Basicaly, we will be building a rock garden at an undisclosed location.(already got UNF permission..surprise!!) This rock garden would remain, and always be there. Probably becoming one of the most visited spots in UNF! Thats where the ''make history'' part comes in.
'cause you built it'
**anyone with the ability to haul spectators and coolers/chairs
back and forth from group camp to Kings point. less than a mile-one way.Basicaly just drive your tractor/flat bed back and forth giving folks a courtesy ride.(I would actually like to do this, but no tractor):driver:
There are probably lots more that may come up later.Or if you can think of anything else that you are willing to volunteer for ,post up.
**NOT WANTED**
Folks who will volunteer, and have no intentions of doing it.
Haters/naysayers/race slayers/rucus frayers..lol
-----------------------------------------------------------
please try to keep this thread to folks who may be of service
Thanks Dylan:popcorn:
***PLEASE CONTACT ME AT DYLAN@AMERICANWHEELER.COM***

I am a paramedic and would love to volunteer for one or all of the days. I just need to figure out my schedule for spring bike week at the beach before I commit, as well as child care.
If you could let me know some more specifics on what you would need or want from me, that would be great.

Brian

Dylan, I'll help if I can the old willys can pull allot more than ya think let me know

I am a fire fighter and will be more than happy to help out. Just let me know if I am going to need to bring all of my gear out.

Adam

gotcha gimme a hollar

Volunteer Firefighter here... if i posted places during the race, would i be allowed to run my ATV up there and watch from it?

I'm in. Ive got a CJ with a V8,with a winch So I can do recovery plus I have a friend that I can get to ride with me thats a EMT. Any chance that it can be worked out for the Vols to have a spot to camp? Working the whole weekend isnt a problem for me. thanks

I'm in. Ive got a CJ with a V8,with a winch So I can do recovery plus I have a friend that I can get to ride with me thats a EMT. Any chance that it can be worked out for the Vols to have a spot to camp? Working the whole weekend isnt a problem for me. thanks
We are working that out soon, but yeah, vols. should be taken care of.

** SOMEONE WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A PLACE IN HISTORY**
meaning...someone with the ability to haul and position large rocks to a secret place. Basicaly, we will be building a rock garden at an undisclosed location.

Doughboy can get you the rocks. He has a problem with moving them though...:lol:

what is the date again?
you can put me on the volunteer list
I can drag all of the broken junk off the trail :)

Gotta ask....

Any perks for volunteers? Shirt/hat/admission/afterparty/etc? Had to ask before somebody else did.

BTW, I'm in to help, AFAIK that weekend is good.

I'm with kaiser715... If this is a for-profit event, then the dude should be paying people to help run it. Not asking for volunteers. Sure, if people want to volunteer their time as a way of finding people to help that is great, but they should at least get an "free weekend" as well as whatever else (shirt/hat/etc). I'm sure that has been thought of and would definetly be considered though.

If this was an event for a charity, volunteers should still get in for free, but being it is a for-profit event, this should be the responsibility of American-Wheelers, not us (although it will take ALOT of people to put this on).

I am planning on competing, and my buggy won't be large enough to act as a tow rig, but I would be willing to be a parts runner, etc.

I'm with kaiser715... If this is a for-profit event, then the dude should be paying people to help run it. Not asking for volunteers. Sure, if people want to volunteer their time as a way of finding people to help that is great, but they should at least get an "free weekend" as well as whatever else (shirt/hat/etc). I'm sure that has been thought of and would definetly be considered though.
If this was an event for a charity, volunteers should still get in for free, but being it is a for-profit event, this should be the responsibility of American-Wheelers, not us (although it will take ALOT of people to put this on).
I am planning on competing, and my buggy won't be large enough to act as a tow rig, but I would be willing to be a parts runner, etc.
The first year may not make a dime and may cost him cash out of pocket. I'm the first one to stand up and want to make some cash, but I'll volunteer my time to help promote this hobby. I'm sure volunteers will be compensated with something.

I'm sure volunteers will be compensated with something.

I'm okay with being compensated with a handshale and a smile.
Something for teh belly is always a nice bonus too, but the above are plenty in my book.

I can volunteer as well.
I plan to compete, so what can be squeezed in the rest of the time, I'm open for.

Now lets see... My most marketable skills are naming all the parts of a brain in several different species, finding the problems in any situation, painfully direct sarcasm, and sleeping in any position.
What can I do? :beer:

I'd love to run ole Nellie Belle in stock class but I'm affraid of the little sammi on 235s.Nellie does have a on-board welder that works real good plus a readywelder/2 marine batteries.I could pull the little sammi but not enough weight or umf for pullin other rigs.If you need the 2 of us for trail repair,I'm game.Also have a m416 trailer to pull behind her for trail cleanup or getting supplies along the trail.

Me and my dad can help. We're both Firefighter/First responders, and we both have well outfitted rigs for trail repar/removal.

Duane

I'd love to run ole Nellie Belle in stock class but I'm affraid of the little sammi on 235s.Nellie does have a on-board welder that works real good plus a readywelder/2 marine batteries.I could pull the little sammi but not enough weight or umf for pullin other rigs.If you need the 2 of us for trail repair,I'm game.Also have a m416 trailer to pull behind her for trail cleanup or getting supplies along the trail.
Thanks for the trail repair offer, but it wont be needed on the trail during the race...if someone breaks that bad, they lost the race..that simple. However, if you wish to vol. this service, we will find a central location to do it in. Thanks:beer:

Many of the judges and people you see working the large rockcrawling events with sanctioning bodies that have been around for years are volunteers as well. Hey, it's free admission.

Back