Vulcanizing a sidewall

skyhighZJ

Thanks for your taxes
I’m sure it’s been discussed but what’s my options? Hot/cold/new technology? Slash isn’t too bad and closer to the tread. Irok. Bias Ply. Off road only. Anybody know someone around the Aberdeen, Sanford, fayettenam area?
image.jpg

Few years ago I tried to find a shop to vulcanize a sidewall tear and was turned away by all of the shops I got in touch with. They won't do it.

Gotta go with something like this:

No personal experience. This looks interesting.

In Charlotte there are Latino run, used tire places that would do it for cash I'd bet. Maybe check on a few if you see one in your area.
If we were swapping used tires on the XJ I would go there and pay a guy $100 to unmount and remount/balance 5 tires on wheels.

Few years ago I tried to find a shop to vulcanize a sidewall tear and was turned away by all of the shops I got in touch with. They won't do it.
Similar experience. Could never find somebody willing to patch it.

Option B - buy a tube.

I’m sure it’s been discussed but what’s my options? Hot/cold/new technology? Slash isn’t too bad and closer to the tread. Irok. Bias Ply. Off road only. Anybody know someone around the Aberdeen, Sanford, fayettenam area?View attachment 352305
Does it leak bad?

This is what you need. I patched a thumb size hole in side wall, wheel it and been good for 2 years now.

Attachments

• 16294159334474491172133487017009.jpg
    16294159334474491172133487017009.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 162
Back