W&S projects ? What do you have planned ?

Rockeater

OK, thought I'd start a new thread for this.

So here's some projects I'm looking at doing this year at the Triad Wrench & Swim event on July 23rd. (see other post for details)

1. Installing a Tom Woods flex joint in my front driveshaft.
2. Rerouting power steering cooler lines.
3. Tidy up E-locker wires under the hood.
4. Fix/replace/lose Zuki pusher fan.
5. Install new winch cable (long over due)

Anybody else have any small projects they've been wanting to get done on their rig ? Now's the time and they'll be plenty of armchair mechanics there. :)
So post up your projects if ya think you are coming.

JB

Summer, parts collecting. Winter, rebuild the junk onto a solid frame, SAS on a oddball radius arm set up, high steer, flat belly etc...

Gonna also try to do the Corvette master cylinder swap too. That should correct my pedal for disc-disc as compared to disc-drum.

JB

sgeez JB sounds like your gonna make out pretty good at this 'wrench and swim' maybe I need to have one of those :flipoff2:

I've always just called it, 'help me work' and for some reason always had low turn outs... thanks JB have to try your plan... :D

yager said:
sgeez JB sounds like your gonna make out pretty good at this 'wrench and swim' maybe I need to have one of those :flipoff2:

I've always just called it, 'help me work' and for some reason always had low turn outs... thanks JB have to try your plan... :D

You don't have a swimming pool :flipoff2:

THese are just a few small easy projects I'm doing this year Yager. Folks can help or just watch/heckle or hang out by the pool and eat. Last year I did nothing to my Jeep, but worked on alot of other peoples rigs, although acouple guys installed a free stereo in my little red squirt car. :) You ought to try and come for awhile. They've been alot of fun the past few years. Heck bring your rig a get some free help yourself. Gonna have 2 air compressors there and I have a small stick welder if needed. Got plenty of room for towrigs too.
Got someone bringing a Jeep to put a 1in. body lift on and someone else is doing an oil pan gasket install on a TJ, just to mention a few other projects happening.
Oh, get ya one of these in your backyard. It helps to get people over. :D

DCP_0009_6.jpg

JB

Back