Warn 8274 - keep the wire?

Mud got a motor and stuff for his from here. Really nice stuff

Don't have to tie a knot if you break it. You can splice it back together fairly easy. Really just need an antenna tape and a knife. Zero loss in strength. U you will lose strength when you tie a knot.
Very true, but, when you are in a line of rigs, and after it breaks and you still need to winch, then a knot is what usually happens. I haven't seen anyone break out the tool needed and splice it right then and there. Oh, and if like me, it's a knot when you don't have the skills to do a splice. AND<... I have known some guys who had some type rope that is different and seems no one knows how to splice it. So, there's that too.

There’s no way I would ever go back to wire. Perhaps maybe if it were a winch only mounted on the trailer and dragging vehicles on regularly.

We spliced one back together last month I. Harlan with a sharpened twig and some tape.

If someone comes wheeling with a cable on their junk and we have to winch them a lot, that person ain’t getting invited again till they get a rope :gtfo: :D

Wrap the drum in a couple layers of duct tape if you do switch to rope.

Oh Well, I tried to multi quote Shawn and Phillip but it didnt work when I tried to paste it, only a previously used copied response thats not usable to y'all. lol So I bought some Chinese 3/8" rope with accessories, I'm replacing my several years old line because it's scary looking.

Back