What do you wonder?

Tonite, my 2 year old daughter asked me "Dad, when we are going camping"....Neither my wife or I have explained what camping was to her....but she knew that tents and sleeping bags were required...I wonder how she knows this...

I read too much Calvin and Hobbes growing up. I give my Kids answers like Calvin's Dad did. Just last night My 5 y/o asked how we get "Elestricity in out hair". I chuckled about how she pronounced Electricity and my first thought was GAME ON what can I come up with now.

"Well... (trying to keep from laughing) there's tiny Static bugs in our hair that get excited and jump around and they make Elestricity in our hair. (chuckle chuckle)

My kid "Oh! my teacher looks through our hair every now and then looking for those bugs!"

That's when I thought, OH SHIT! this is gonna come back and bite me in my ass. "Those are different kinds of bugs sweetheart" :D

Got Cliff notes?

Here's a start, Sapir-Whorf hypothesis...
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/cultural/language/whorf.html
(2nd half is this guys opinion)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapir-Whorf_hypothesis

However, neurosience shows that while llanguage involves a very complicated netowrk of brain regions, there's a lot more going on in your brain that dosn't use it. E.g., people w/ lesions (holes in their heads) in these pparts so the ydon't work anymore can still do things and recognize objects, use them, avoid them, etc even if they cannot tell you the name of it.

Short answer - it all depends on how to define "think".

Ive wondered why the board couldnt be designed to where the important info just kinda stays at the top and marked unread all the time, but isnt a sticky... cuz everyone knows the noobs dont read stickies

In about 5 weeks I will have my first kid. Its a girl. I wonder why she will be forced to learn spanish brfore she graduates?

I wonder why gas keeps going up and no one has an answer to why?

Tonite, my 2 year old daughter asked me "Dad, when we are going camping"....Neither my wife or I have explained what camping was to her....but she knew that tents and sleeping bags were required...I wonder how she knows this...?
She also showed me the lunar eclipse after her grandmother called to tell her....she was very excited and explained this scientific phenomenon to me....
I wonder what else she knows or if I'm smarter than a 2 year old....:beer:

Don't worry Juggy, your not... :flipoff2:

Just hope she doesn't start asking "Daddy, when will the jeep be done."

Daddy, just needs a few more parts to reach critical mass. Then we will have proved the spontaneous jeep creation theory. :D

She'll probly be in college before the jeep is done...

Yager...Thanks for those Awesum words of Encouragement....:fuck-you:

Call me when you need some parts fer yer next project biottcch

On a side note...why is the "Stupid Things You've Done thread" , one of the largest ever on this board???

Makes me wonder...????

"Well... (trying to keep from laughing) there's tiny Static bugs in our hair that get excited and jump around and they make Elestricity in our hair.

Between the 4 females in your house, "I wonder why" those bugs haven't got to your Jeep yet?

Gary & I will bring "the other kind"... maybe they'll work? :flipoff2:

I wonder if aliens were actually aligned to attack earth during the lunar eclipse. You know, when the lights were out.
I wonder if the Navy shot a missle at the mothership, and blew the :poop: out of it.

Sattelite...:shaking:

:alien:.... I wonder?

You know that video footage of the ''asteroid'' on the news the day before?

That was probably an alien scout...alien recon gone wrong.

I womder if the image I see and say green is exactly what you see and say green. What if what I see when I say red is what you see and say blue. Color has no definition you only know what you have seen all your life. what if all our eyes are different?

*tinfoil hat* I wonder the movie Men In Black was made to make people think it was fiction so the real Men In Black don't get messed with... :alien:

I womder if the image I see and say green is exactly what you see and say green. What if what I see when I say red is what you see and say blue. Color has no definition you only know what you have seen all your life. what if all our eyes are different?

This is the exact question that got me into psychology and neuroscience!
There are many (very long and painful) answers, but only a few agreed resolutions.

I wonder if we'll ever actually know what all 200 billion nerves in the brain actually do.
(they've figured it out for the roundworm C elegans, but it only has 302).

There are many (very long and painful) answers, but only a few agreed resolutions.

It's always been my understanding (through Visual Arts) that no one does see the same color. What I know as Yellow isn't what you know as yellow if you were to see it thru my eyes.

It's always been my understanding (through Visual Arts) that no one does see the same color. What I know as Yellow isn't what you know as yellow if you were to see it thru my eyes.

It's won't ever be exactly the same (especially yellows) due to variance in the thickness/age of the cornea and lens. However, it will be really close, since the machinery (e.g. photoreceptors, ganglion cell arrangement, etc) for everybody is the same.
The exception to this of course if folks w/ color blindness... but even then only certain colors will be blended together (e.g. never red and yellow).
Now, having teh same "name" for that color is another story.

Also some cool studies looking at color perception (yellow band) as it relates to distance from the equator or elevation... more UV radiation yellows the lens.

If the universe is expanding, then isn’t it possible that all of matter within the universe is expanding proportionally to that expansion – thereby making distant cosmic objects appear considerably ‘older’ than all of the objects seen within the field of our ‘local’ space – due to the expansion of the light particle/waves over the course of their journey, which would in-turn make these object’s true distance (and age) appear quite a bit greater than in actuality?

Why am I able to concentrate for hours and hours on something complicated (see above), but am so easily distracted by Boobs?

When snow melts, where does the white go?

Cheers!
Smiley

I wonder if we'll ever actually know what all 200 billion nerves in the brain actually do.
(they've figured it out for the roundworm C elegans, but it only has 302).
I seriously thought I was the only person who thought of this.:confused: The whole idea of it is blowing my mind right now.

Back