What to use for a tow vehicle?

i've got an 03 6.0l denali xl, and an 05 hemi durango. both pull great. the denali's wheelbase is great, but the durango's power puts it to shame. last time i pulled ot harlan, the durango never once kicked off the cruise doing 75-80 through the mountains all the way through kentucky down 75. if the going is flat, the denali is my choice, if there are hills i use the durango for it's power and tranny (i use sway and equalizer bars on the durango). my trailer has 1 axle brake, which is marginal with both 1/2 tons, i want to get brakes put on teh other axle too. i use to pull with an 01 v10 excursion. you couldn't even tell the trailer was behind that. i had a 99 suburban, the 350 was a bit anemic, so i never bothered to try the mountains with it. the burb had airbags, and pulled great on flat ground.

Go test someone elses 98&up DZL pulling and you'll never want to tow with a gasser again. I'm not saying a gasser won't work but anyone that wants to argue my previous statement- I'm going to go ahead and call you an ignorant retard:flipoff2:

Go test someone elses 98&up DZL pulling and you'll never want to tow with a gasser again. I'm not saying a gasser won't work but anyone that wants to argue my previous statement- I'm going to go ahead and call you an ignorant retard:flipoff2:

Me too

i have a 05 dodge ram quad cab with a hemi. it pulled my cherokee with 36s like a dream. plenty of power on top and bottom end. the only the i wish was different is the 9mpg when the trailers behind it.

someone had a kaiser 2.5 on here for sale with a camper box on it for $4700. talk about kick ass tow rig.

forgot to mention on mine, unloaded my denali gets 14-15 mpgs, loaded about 10. the hemi durango gets about 20-21 highway unloaded, and about 10 loaded.

tow vehicle

If i'm reading correctly it looks like you are looking for a vehicle for your wife that can also be used as a tow rig. My vote would be for a toyota sequia with a set of air bags if not avail. with auto level. I own an 06 ram hemi and it took 1st gear at 5k to pull the hill on 421 into boone with 9k behind it. The reason I say the toyota is because my brothers has the tundra and with the 5.7 it was pull circles around my truck. He has around 80k on his and uses it to pull 10k plus fairly regularly and has had zero issues. Plus if you get the sequia I don't think you have to mess with weighted tags. i have a friend that sold his 06 duramax to buy a tundra and said he will never own another diesel again, and he lives in the mountains. Just my thoughts, the dzl pull great and last forever, but i'm not sure they are a good choice for a woman as a daily driver.

Back