Whats the liquid in a big screen?

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
My mother-n-law gave us their big screen and they went to a plasma

Their big screen was OK but would halo white objects

Got to looking at the projection tubes and down in the blue I could see all kinds of CRAP and gunk

So I take off the lens (not realizing there was fluid inside :rolleyes: ) and sure enough, it was fulla gunk

Whats the fluid? Can I get more once I emty this fluid?

I don't think there is supposed to be fluid in there. It's not water is it or something that got spilled in there?

I'll ask a friend about it Sunday, he will be at church. What brand/model?

Phillips magnavox 54"

Has 3 projectors, blue, red and green that shoot up to a mirror then to a white diffusing screen

I think there is fluid. It probably is there so that the transfer of light can be more clear. I just had my projections replaced as part of my warranty. Man they are worth it. I had to pay 100 to get all three replaced including parts and labor. total parts exceded cost of set. anyway,,,I would call sears and just ask them if there is supposed to be. I remember the guy saying something about it....But dont quote me....call sears.

amniotic fluid? (eeewwwwwwwww)

I found a quart of blinker fluid, next to the muffler bearing and board stretcher, out in the garage

Now the picture is fine for one second, then bad for 1 then good for one, now bad one :flipoff2:

From what I've found online it's coolant. Now to see if those "oh so rare" TV repair shops still exist :rolleyes:

CasterTroy said:
I found a quart of blinker fluid, next to the muffler bearing and board stretcher, out in the garage
Now the picture is fine for one second, then bad for 1 then good for one, now bad one :flipoff2:
From what I've found online it's coolant. Now to see if those "oh so rare" TV repair shops still exist :rolleyes:

they still exist! They are called Sears and enjoy charging you up the ass to fix your broken television in a cunning way to pursuade you to just buy a new television for less then what its going to cost you to repair the old one! :D

Actually....found out it was Glycol and it's a common issue with Phillips Magnavox Big screens

I read here how to change that fluid and be good for a few more years :D

Call Audio Video Repair Center in Kernersville. They handle the TV Doctor mobile repair service. If you can get Pat Breedlove to come out, he's one of the sharpest techs I've ever known.

catfishblues said:
Call Audio Video Repair Center in Kernersville. They handle the TV Doctor mobile repair service. If you can get Pat Breedlove to come out, he's one of the sharpest techs I've ever known.

I tried them yesterday and for some reason kept getting a busy signal :(

Back