wheres my factory brake controller plug

jonnyB

ive got a 96 dodge 1500 with a factory 7 pin trailer oulet. is it pre-wired for a brake controller? ive looked under the dash, but didnt see anything, i dont really know what the plug (if it has one) would look like though.

I think you still have to buy a box and wire it in. I did a 08 3500, and just followed the directions in the box. Almost every newer truck comes with a trailer plug, my Chevy had a pig tail in the glove box that would plug everything together if you got a box from the Chevy dealer. Make sure you get a good brake box. You kinda get what you pay for.

the trucks are wired but there is NO brake controller..

you have to buy a brake controller..
but the nice part is you can just buy a plug in adapter that will plug in under dash.. so you should nto have to strip and wire a bunch of witres like most of us..

call dodge they will tell you what part you need and where to plug it in

i know i need a controller and you can buy adapters. i just cant find where it plugs in under the dash, i thought someone on here might have the same truck and know where the plug for the harness is. if no one knows i guess i'll contact dodge.

I dont think their is a plug under the dash. you have to wire it in.

There is a plug under the steering wheel they hid it very good it is taped up just look it is there !
thanks,
Bradley C

ok i think i found it, but its white. i read on a dodge forum that it was blue, but it looks the same. it was stuffed way far back and up over where the wire harness comes through the firewall. thanks for the help

not to hijack but I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee and on wjjeeps.com it said I should have a blue plug tucked under/behind the left kick panel but I see nothing.

They were either blue or white, And should be located on the right upper side of the steering column under the dash. It should have 4 terminals, about 1.5" wide and .500" thick. I can prob get a pic if that will help.

Back