Who else gets infuriated by:

Does using your drive as a turning circle bother you?

• Lighten up dude!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I pay for the gravel your spinning out!

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Make a tax donation at the toll mailbox please!

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Buckshot downrange no questions asked!

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
The actual saying is usually "the cobbler's children have no shoes". A cobbler is someone who makes shoes.
Read a few lines up. Nomenclature smo'-meme-clature!
Cobbler comes in apple and blueberry served with ice cream.
But yes your old worldknowledge is correctly stated.

Ok, here's one of ours.
Steel+picket+fencing.jpg

This is a hingeless swing arm style gate we build. A simple one at that.
Use it for inspiration.
Your capabilities are endless. A first impression is a lasting one. Hit em the second they pull in the driveway. ;)

Last edited:
But yes your old worldknowledge is correctly stated.
That boy sips his damn (warm) tea with his pinkie up, instead of gulp it (cold and with 3 cups of sugar) from the side of the Tupperware pitcher like us'n's :huggy:

:lol:

I figured you'd catch my drift without needing the hysterically laser accurate origin

That boy sips his damn (warm) tea with his pinkie up, instead of gulp it (cold and with 3 cups of sugar) from the side of the Tupperware pitcher like us'n's :huggy:

:lol:

I figured you'd catch my drift without needing the hysterically laser accurate origin

Is he really British???
*Heavy, heavy emphasis on the "s" sound*

The Turn-a-round & Drive-thru Asses, are why I keep talking about installing camera's! [which I haven't done] My gravel/circle drive, runs around the back of my house. I live next to a RR crossing, & 300' from a stoplight. School traffic, trains, & No reason at all, drivers will use either end of my driveway, Or, drive right thru! The Driving thru, Must take some big gonads, as it goes Behind my house, & there is No visibility as to what is behind my house! The reason I Don't close it or gate it, my paper carrier & mail person, use my circle. I could put up paper & mail boxes, on the street, But, then wouldn't get my paper at the back door, Or mail, at the front door. It's So weird, that I can take a 1/2 hour walk, from home, & return, to find my gravel tilled from a turn a round, or drive through, And, I know there was No train, Or traffic back up! Many times, I see the Mail carrier, pulling out my lower drive, with 1 tire spinning. It's got to be, it's Not that they don't know, It's, they Don't Care! I've Also had Idiots, & Drunks, cause property damage, in the Yard, as I slept through it. :flipoff:

Old saying.
The man who works hardest at his trade generally ignores his own needs in that field

The mechanic has multiple cars because he never has time to work on his own

The shoemaker is so busy making shoes he is always barefoot

The generator salesman doesn't have an automatic switch on his own house

Painters house needs painting, plumbers house has leaks..imagine how the gynecologist 's wife feels.

"Hey Big Man, let me hold a Dollar"! If I pave it, it will be a Toll drive!
Hey Rodney, that could be your perfect solution.
Set up some of those 1-way spikes on the way to the back of the house. Then a toll booth behind it.
Might as well get that driveway paid for ;-0

As soon as you turn into my drive, it goes gradually down hill. The steepest is the first 20 or so feet. It's gravel, and no, I can't afford to have it paved. It is used to turn around all the time. It gets big divots spun out in it. I rake the holes back when I can. Most of the time it's from people who mistake it for my neighbors drive. They have spun it up, then went to his house, and several times I have walked to his house, and handed the rake to the offender to come fix their mess. Every time, they have done it. 2wd drive vehicles are the ones who spin it up mostly. Often people who have come here, have done it, so I always tell them to make a big loop in the yard and drive out forwards. (If the grass isn't wet) Fed Ex, and UPS drivers always back down, NEVER spin it up.

As soon as you turn into my drive, it goes gradually down hill. The steepest is the first 20 or so feet. It's gravel, and no, I can't afford to have it paved. It is used to turn around all the time. It gets big divots spun out in it. I rake the holes back when I can. Most of the time it's from people who mistake it for my neighbors drive. They have spun it up, then went to his house, and several times I have walked to his house, and handed the rake to the offender to come fix their mess. Every time, they have done it. 2wd drive vehicles are the ones who spin it up mostly. Often people who have come here, have done it, so I always tell them to make a big loop in the yard and drive out forwards. (If the grass isn't wet) Fed Ex, and UPS drivers always back down, NEVER spin it up.
sounds like my driveway

use the run over style we have on the interstates. They're plastic and mounted on rubber. We just drive over them on the fire trucks to go through the median.

A friend of mine had problems with people cutting the corner thru his yard, he painted a cinderblock black, put it in the yard at night, he said it claimed two oil pans. The problem stopped after that.

Theres a kid that lives off the same road as me that likes to drive way too fast up our road. Now mind you, my family is the youngest that lives on our road by a good 20 years. Its a quiet little area. Kid comes ripping through all hours of the night and likes to overshoot and get in my yard. I was hauling some firewood home and lost a piece at the end of my driveway. It was hot and I wasnt gonna fool with it. That night I woke up to one hell of a commotion, then somebody beating on my door. Kid got surprise when I opened the door with only a shotgun... Kept raising hell and saying it was my fault he hit the log in my yard..... Said he was gonna call the cops and wanted an ambulance cause his neck hurt. Was shocked when I grabbed my radio to call it in. Needless to say, the cop told him it was his fault, and that he would be paying for my yard as well as his own car. He still speeds through the area, but he stays out of my yard. I left the log laying there as a reminder. :flipoff:

i couldnt deal with someone going through my yard or into my driveway. im pissed off enough about all the jack asses that blow through the stop sign at the end of the road. and im not even on the corner.

Back