who remembers?

The globe was one of those places that if you and a couple buddies went, it might have lasted forever, but, and I hate to say this, but it's TRUE, large groups, clubs, etc..going in there 20, 30 deep led to its demise. And yes, I was in those large and small groups having a ball.

Last hill climb. You better make it clean, or you were either going to be in a bad situation, or a WORSE situation.

rock appeared 94ish? what say ye- @ncpartsguy Im sure we have a photo of that exact day

I went only a few times. One CTB ride in a decent group....my highlight was the satisfaction of going up the hill hardly breaking traction. The icing was going past Randy Sloan with a look on his face I 'll never forget.
He always under estimated the locked up B2 on baby swampers.

The headliner was my father's only time he rode with me. He was grinnin ear to ear and kept saying how he had no idea what I was really doin on these trips. He took a slew of 35mm pictures, with a stupid big lense, all of em came out to dark.

@Chuckman

I'll never forget getting to the top of the hill in the back in the rain. Then it got dark on us. Chuck laid his cj7 over and got all assed up. I think his high lift hit Battern in the back of the head. That was a long recovery. First time I ever saw a carb idling while on its side! That damn motorcraft on the 304 would run in any direction.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

^ win,
me and @ncpartsguy hiked in the next day to retrieve the glass from the hard top (leave no trace and all that...). that rollover ripped all of the exhaust out and couldnt drive it. yes the highlift did in fact hit Beatern on the head, but I doubt he noticed.

Do any of you old school guys remember Sandy Cherry?
She rode with ya'll back in the day and speaks very highly of the club.
I think she wheeled a J truck...

00043192.jpg
00043199.jpg
00043200.jpg
00043201.jpg
00043203.jpg
00043205.jpg
00043220.jpg
00043221.jpg
00043216.jpg
00043209.jpg
00043223.jpg

Circa 2002-2003

Do any of you old school guys remember Sandy Cherry?
She rode with ya'll back in the day and speaks very highly of the club.
I think she wheeled a J truck...
Sandy was related to Bill Perry's last wife, Joann. As long as she was in Black Mountain, she rode back seat with the Perry's. Sandy moved to Charlotte area, to work for ADT, & then she became my passenger, until she married Randy Cherry. Her daily driver was a Nissan 2 wd dr Truck. I don't know that she ever "wheeled" anything. Her husband didn't care for Trail riding, so she didn't ride too much longer, after the marriage. Sadly, the marriage didn't last too long either.

Back